Paulding.com

Gunshots at Seven Hills leaves 47 year old Paulding man dead

Traffic is being re-routed out of Seven Hills because of gun shots. What's going on?

------------------------------- the following added by pubby ------------------------

----------- This topic was started by Finder56 ------------------

A 47 year old man, Douglas Scott Piltcher of 50 Sugar Maple Lane Dallas, GA in Seven Hills subdivision is dead from a single shot to the chest. The shot was fired by Paulding County Deputies after Piltcher aimed a rifle at officers securing his home after an earlier exchange of gunfire.

Piltcher had barricaded himself alone in his home shortly before 2 p.m. March 1st and fired into the neighborhood. He then called 911 threatening suicide and when officers responded, he fired upon them even as negotiators were speaking with him on the phone. During the conversation the man indicated he was going to exit the house armed with a high-powered and scoped rifle. He did and when he aimed the rifle in the direction of officers a Paulding Deputy shot him one time in the chest.

He had no hostages and no one else was injured in the incident. The man was taken to Kennestone Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

As this is an officer involved shooting, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will be conducting the investigation of the incident.

Paulding.com will have addition details as they are made available.

Edited by PUBBY
to add story update to original post
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I feel for someone who reaches that level of despair, it is hard to justify taking, or attempting to take, the lives of others. Why share your problems with the rest of the world. I think t

You don't know what torment he might have been victim of! It doesn't matter what you call him, he was a victim of depression. Get a grip!

Victim? I'm not sure that is what I would call him but I will pray for all involved...

I've been listening to the scanner, but have to mute it every so often because I'm at work.

There is a stand-off (I didn't even know where it was.) It sounds VERY serious from what the deputies are saying. I'm surprised they haven't cleared the channel for emergency only traffic.

I just got a call from someone at Shelton. They are on lock down because of the gun shots. I hoped someone on here would know more.

I've been listening to the scanner, but have to mute it every so often because I'm at work.

There is a stand-off (I didn't even know where it was.) It sounds VERY serious from what the deputies are saying. I'm surprised they haven't cleared the channel for emergency only traffic.

Do you know what street or area?

Per Family I have at the Sheriffs Office you should be able to go Cedarcrest but nothing as of right now in Seven Hills.

They are leaving the area with the subject now headed to Kennestone.

Okay hon, are you saying they got the guy? And he is being transported to Kennestone? I wonder if he is the one that got shot from the gun fire we heard?

This is what is known now from official sources. Just got off the phone with Dept. Brandon Gurley.

The SO got a call of shots in the area and a suicide threat by an adult male, age 47 *CORRECTED BY PHONE CALL! The individual continued to shoot at officers and others even as negotiations were taking place. Ultimately the officers shot the individual. The individual is in transport to Kennestone Hospital for emergency medical care. The SO will be filling in details on the event in about 30-45 minutes and we'll - assuming our phone will cast from the area - be carrying that press conference live on PCOMTV.

pubby

While I am extremely saddened when anyone wants to commit suicide, I seriously wish they wouldn't endanger other people. This whole cop by suicide situation is so out of control. I feel horrible for any officer that has shot someone in one of these situations.