Paulding.com

Stout wins with 59.9% of vote in 19th District Special Election Results

Now Paulding can get ready for the jokes and slams! I am claiming I live in Cobb from now on!!![img]http://paulding.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img] ohmy.gif

I hope he is up front with the Party and doesn't bring any surprises with him!

Yep - I'm with you! I think I will start claiming my beach house in Gulf County, FL as my principal residence. :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It reinforces the fact to the rest of the state that, in Paulding County, many important elections will continue to be won by those who can out-Conservative and out-Christian the opposition, no matter

Nope. We arm them to protect us all from those people who carry the firearms.

This has got to be the biggest "journalistic joke" I have ever seen Pubby (that is my humble opinion and I am sticking to it).   By the way, is it just my imagination or has THIS site been pretty

Well okay, Daniel has won but his battle has only begun, Been speaking to someone tonight who plans to run for the main election who has done this before so we'll see how that goes as he will have his work cut out for him.

Well thank goodness! What has he won when his family has the potential to be slammed all over this state? I hope he has no intention to run again. I find him completely disingenuous.

Well thank goodness! What has he won when his family has the potential to be slammed all over this state? I hope he has no intention to run again. I find him completely disingenuous.

I am appalled that Paulding has actually elected him I really did not think they would. I agree with You!

What about all that stuff about forgiveness and not holding somebody's past against them and all that? :mellow:

Forgiveness and forgeting are two totally different things. That can be your homework for the next time we meet for class. Don't show up and say "the dog ate it". Enjoy your research. :good:

What about all that stuff about forgiveness and not holding somebody's past against them and all that? :mellow:

The fact that I find disingenuous has nothing to do with the "revelation". I found him that way prior.

My opinion that he will be scattered all over the news and papers sometime soon, is just that . . . my opinion.

So, did your statement have a point?

Edited by Madea

Forgiveness and forgeting are two totally different things. That can be your homework for the next time we meet for class. Don't show up and say "the dog ate it". Enjoy your research. :good:

I'm not much of a Sunday Schooler but could you point out that verse for me where it says we can forgive but hold it over their head and not forget? :rofl:

I'm not much of a Sunday Schooler but could you point out that verse for me where it says we can forgive but hold it over their head and not forget? :rofl:

That is for you to research. It is just like using a dictionary to learn the spelling of a word. Just sound it out and keep looking. We're all rooting you on. Now get busy.

The fact that I find disingenuous has nothing to do with the "revelation". I found him that way prior.

My opinion that he will be scattered all over the news and papers sometime soon, is just that . . . my opinion.

So, did your statement have a point?

I didn't vote for him either but it had nothing to do with the "revelation." I just disagree with the guy on nearly everything. :rolleyes:

The point is that the people that talk so much about forgiveness just can't seem to find a way to do that when it comes to sex. Now if he had shot and killed somebody and did his time in jail, found Jesus behind bars, and came out on fire and waving a Bible, he would have been elected preacher and politician. 8) Rmember Chuck Colson? He didn't kill anybody but he spent time in jail for trying to throw a presidential election and he is the Darling of the extremists. :ninja:

That is for you to research. It is just like using a dictionary to learn the spelling of a word. Just sound it out and keep looking. We're all rooting you on. Now get busy.

Maybe because it is not there? :rofl:

Edited by Jughaid

affable? or competent?

Competence is an entirely different concept and competence is based on the job being undertaken. In terms of legislators, while affable helps a lot, competence typically involves the ability to negotiate and compromise.

Mr. Stout in his public comments in the debate has pointed with pride to his rigid ideological stances and promised no compromise with his principals. The job of legislator, by definition requires a personality and attitude that is not just affable - Mr. Stout has that down - but a willingness to be negotiable; to deal with give and take on some pretty esoteric issues (sentence structure for instance.) Most of the work, incidentally, is done by committee and my experience is committees just aren't the place for dictums and those who are unwilling to compromise usually lose the opportunity to do so and a lot more.

So, while I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, I don't believe the rigid ideological style that Mr. Stout is so proud to possess will help bring home the money for GA92 four-laning, adding effective support for completion of the reservoir or any of those things that may require negotiation and compromise in a legislative sense.

On that score, Mr. Sibley, who is a professional negotiator and who had a degree in public administration, etc. would definitely be considered the more competent individual for the task of legislator.

So, NC-17, if I had wanted to suggest that Mr. Stout was competent instead of, or in addition to being affable, I would have.

Winning an election, frankly, is not a test of competence - it is simply a test of affability, charisma and maybe, in Paulding, having a large family.

pubby

Maybe because it is not there? :rofl:

I am not saying what you concluded earlier is right or in the scriptures, but you clearly need to do your homework and research on what true forgiveness is all about. Now you've wasted your time arguing with 50 people on here tonight and now you won't get any homework done. Get a good night's sleep and wake up to tackle your project. Good night.

So, while I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, I don't believe the rigid ideological style that Mr. Stout is so proud to possess will help bring home the money for GA92 four-laning, adding effective support for completion of the reservoir or any of those things that may require negotiation and compromise in a legislative sense.

That's just it. Things that are important to this county aren't even on his radar. dry.gif

(I thought the four-laning of 92 had already been on the books for a while.)

Competence is an entirely different concept and competence is based on the job being undertaken. In terms of legislators, while affable helps a lot, competence typically involves the ability to negotiate and compromise.

Mr. Stout in his public comments in the debate has pointed with pride to his rigid ideological stances and promised no compromise with his principals. The job of legislator, by definition requires a personality and attitude that is not just affable - Mr. Stout has that down - but a willingness to be negotiable; to deal with give and take on some pretty esoteric issues (sentence structure for instance.) Most of the work, incidentally, is done by committee and my experience is committees just aren't the place for dictums and those who are unwilling to compromise usually lose the opportunity to do so and a lot more.

On that score, Mr. Sibley, who is a professional negotiator and who had a degree in public administration, etc. would definitely be considered the more competent individual for the task of legislator.

So, NC-17, if I had wanted to suggest that Mr. Stout was competent instead of, or in addition to being affable, I would have.

Winning an election, frankly, is not a test of competence - it is simply a test of affability, charisma and maybe, in Paulding, having a large family.

pubby

He may not even have a voice down there before the session is over (because the session will not last much longer). I guess if that is the case we can just jump right into finding someone with a voice for the July Primary!

Anyone want to step up!!!

That's just it. Things that are important to this county aren't even on his radar. dry.gif

(I thought the four-laning of 92 had already been on the books for a while.)

It is in the works but the legislature has to pony up the money each year for roads and highways. It has a priority but politics under the gold dome can take this years priority and make it not the priority - especially if the leadership in the general assembly is in punishment mode. Given the former speaker had a reputation of punishing those who didn't do his bidding, the new member from the 19th may be due some of that kind of payback.

pubby

I am not saying what you concluded earlier is right or in the scriptures, but you clearly need to do your homework and research on what true forgiveness is all about. Now you've wasted your time arguing with 50 people on here tonight and now you won't get any homework done. Get a good night's sleep and wake up to tackle your project. Good night.

Ok. Hebrews 8:12 "and I will remember their sins no more."

The point is that the people that talk so much about forgiveness just can't seem to find a way to do that when it comes to sex. Now if he had shot and killed somebody and did his time in jail, found Jesus behind bars, and came out on fire and waving a Bible, he would have been elected preacher and politician.

Maybe people did decide to "forgive him" his "sin" from 10 years ago ... looks like he did win?

I don't know?

<< John 8 >>

King James Bible

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

For our sake now, I hope he continues to sin no more. I think more recent "sins" would have come out if there were anymore to report...

Maybe people did decide to "forgive him" his "sin" from 10 years ago ... looks like he did win?

I don't know?

<< John 8 >>

King James Bible

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

For our sake now, I hope he continues to sin no more. I think more recent "sins" would have come out if there were anymore to report...

Maybe. Just looking at the stuff about him tonight, I would say they didn't forgive because they didn't even know. :blush:

Problem is that what he did 10 years ago might be a sin but I'm asking why a sin is something voters should be deciding on anyway. Since when do we cast those stones on sinners. I thought that was God's job. We are supposed to decide what politician will make laws, not how sinless somebody is. The only job I know of that we are to look at sins is the job of a preacher and I didn't know we got to elect a preacher because they are appointed in my church. :ph34r:

Maybe. Just looking at the stuff about him tonight, I would say they didn't forgive because they didn't even know. blush.gif

Problem is that what he did 10 years ago might be a sin but I'm asking why a sin is something voters should be deciding on anyway. Since when do we cast those stones on sinners. I thought that was God's job. We are supposed to decide what politician will make laws, not how sinless somebody is. The only job I know of that we are to look at sins is the job of a preacher and I didn't know we got to elect a preacher because they are appointed in my church. ph34r.gif

He had folks working in his corner. They got out and got the vote. Sibley's folks didn't. It is that simple. He has a strong church group and the Right to Life group. They worked to get him elected and succeeded!

Problem is that what he did 10 years ago might be a sin but I'm asking why a sin is something voters should be deciding on anyway.

It is not a long path to see the dilemma.

People are leery because Glen Richardson had an affair with a lobbyist from Atlanta Gas Light and gave special consideration to the mistress’s company who was seeking legislative approval for a $300 million pipeline across the state.

Did the voters swap one man, who abused his power of office; with another who might fall into the same pitfall of thinking he has power to “get away with” an affair, with who knows what special interest vixen, since he has had an affair before?

Past behavior can be an indicator of future behavior. However, if someone has not done the behavior in 10 years, and has changed his life to give it more accountability, could it be deemed changed behavior?

Will anyone ever know if voters who voted for him:

1) Did not know about what happened at 19.

2) Gave him a chance.

3) Did not care about his private life.

4) Did not judge that part of his life.

5) Other.

6) All of the above.

7) Some of the above.

8 ) None of the above.

It is not a long path to see the dilemma.

People are leery because Glen Richardson had an affair with a lobbyist from Atlanta Gas Light and gave special consideration to the mistress's company who was seeking legislative approval for a $300 million pipeline across the state.

Did the voters swap one man, who abused his power of office; with another who might fall into the same pitfall of thinking he has power to "get away with" an affair, with who knows what special interest vixen, since he has had an affair before?

Past behavior can be an indicator of future behavior. However, if someone has not done the behavior in 10 years, and has changed his life to give it more accountability, could it be deemed changed behavior?

Will anyone ever know if voters who voted for him:

1) Did not know about what happened at 19.

2) Gave him a chance.

3) Did not care about his private life.

4) Did not judge that part of his life.

5) Other.

6) All of the above.

7) Some of the above.

8 ) None of the above.

I think he got some votes because folks thought he was a stand up guy for addressing his past. I think for the most part his folks just got the vote out.

They will know if someone else steps up and wins the Primary in July. Or if someone runs against him in the General and wins. I think there will be others who will run. Maybe they should run as independents. I am liking the sound of that word lately. smile.gif I like it more and more.

I like the word Independent too. Problem is what ballot do you ask for in the Primary? :mellow: :huh:

Unless there is a large group that declare Independent you may only be voting for one seat, while your other local positions could be under Democrat and Republican.

I had that problem in the Early 90's when I switched to Independent. I found that I was better off to be registered with the conservative party for the Primary... then in the General election all options are available? (I was in a state that, for the primary, you were given a ballot of the party you were registered for.)

I have to add that the mudslinging that happens the last week when the truth is hard to verify is one reason I like to vote early. If it was really true, why was it not brought up during the 3 to 9 months of campaigning? :pardon:

Not to stick up for Daniel, but based on what I consider "truthful" reporting, I have to state that the news of his affair did not break at the "last minute" which would dictate within hours or 24hrs. 8) . It broke on Feb 14, 2010. <_<

Now, if this other person runs in the general elections, the one I have already mentioned and spoke to last night, I may be swayed their way.

I like the word Independent too. Problem is what ballot do you ask for in the Primary? mellow.gif huh.gif

Unless there is a large group that declare Independent you may only be voting for one seat, while your other local positions could be under Democrat and Republican.

I had that problem in the Early 90's when I switched to Independent. I found that I was better off to be registered with the conservative party for the Primary... then in the General election all options are available? (I was in a state that, for the primary, you were given a ballot of the party you were registered for.)

I have to add that the mudslinging that happens the last week when the truth is hard to verify is one reason I like to vote early. If it was really true, why was it not brought up during the 3 to 9 months of campaigning? pardon.gif

Nobody knew until the accusation appeared on our friend PT's new site. Maybe some of his supporters did. Then it was verified as truth but all of that took time. I have to say that the candidate did not deny but admitted to it. That in my mind was a plus in his favor (at the time). It was out there if folks cared to look. Trouble is most folks usually don't look, so some are going to be quite shocked about all of this.

I know that I am not feeling much like talking about the differences between Conservatives and Liberals today. dry.gif

It's good to know that wherever life takes me, and whatever mistakes I may make along the way, I can always return to Paulding County, adopt an anti-aboortzion, pro-gun, "Christian" platform, and the good people of Paulding will elect me to public office.

• Like 1

Nobody knew until the accusation appeared on our friend PT's new site. Maybe some of his supporters did. Then it was verified as truth but all of that took time. I have to say that the candidate did not deny but admitted to it. That in my mind was a plus in his favor (at the time). It was out there if folks cared to look. Trouble is most folks usually don't look, so some are going to be quite shocked about all of this.

I know that I am not feeling much like talking about the differences between Conservatives and Liberals today. dry.gif

Heck, I didn't even know of what he did until some anonymous person posted a comment. It's going to be a strange year for sure.

I like the word Independent too. Problem is what ballot do you ask for in the Primary? :mellow: :huh:

I have to add that the mudslinging that happens the last week when the truth is hard to verify is one reason I like to vote early. If it was really true, why was it not brought up during the 3 to 9 months of campaigning? :pardon:

For one, no one knew until Feb. 14th when it was presented in the comment section of a news article I posted. I didn't even know of this issue as well.

And second, as Tom Crawford told me, I did better pre-coverage of the 19th District election than the mainstream news. Since I don't have reporters, cameras and all of that, the mainstream is the one who didn't get it out there although I am sure they knew about it. However, the news was also on another Paulding County website nearly the same day as the comments were posted.

Whoever spilled the beans is unknown at this time as they are anonymous. So it was out there to some extent.

For one, no one knew until Feb. 14th when it was presented in the comment section of a news article I posted. I didn't even know of this issue as well.

And second, as Tom Crawford told me, I did better pre-coverage of the 19th District election than the mainstream news. Since I don't have reporters, cameras and all of that, the mainstream is the one who didn't get it out there although I am sure they knew about it. However, the news was also on another Paulding County website nearly the same day as the comments were posted.

Whoever spilled the beans is unknown at this time as they are anonymous. So it was out there to some extent.

Not enough to say it was really addressed. It will be more than a strange year for some of us. We will just see where it leads.

Interesting comment Pat about early voters wishing they could change their votes.

I wonder if this would make people leery of using early voting in the future? I doubt it will for me.

On the topic of early voting, one interesting affect of it seems to be to reduce the effectiveness of political opponents trying to drop "dirty laundry" type stories a few days before an election. They now have to make a choice: Do they drop the story before early voting starts and give the opponent time to respond or do they wait until just before election day and lose the chance to change the minds of those who early vote? Also, an early release of the story would also give time for people to trace the story back to another candidate or their supporters to identify the source of the negative campaign, which many people dislike and could also affect votes.

It seems to me that having a heavier turnout during a longer voting period may turn out to be a good idea to help save our system from negative campaigning.

Thoughts? Will this campaign affect your use of early voting?

It's good to know that wherever life takes me, and whatever mistakes I may make along the way, I can always return to Paulding County, adopt an anti-aboortzion, pro-gun, "Christian" platform, and the good people of Paulding will elect me to public office.

Aw, we've missed you Smokestack!

It would certainly have been better if this had come out earlier. I have had a number of people tell me that it would have changed their early vote.

I posted this in the other thread:

I wonder if this would make people leery of using early voting in the future? I doubt it will for me.

One interesting affect of early voting seems to be to reduce the effectiveness of political opponents trying to drop "dirty laundry" type stories a few days before an election. They now have to make a choice: Do they drop the story before early voting starts and give the opponent time to respond or do they wait until just before election day and lose the chance to change the minds of those who early vote? Also, an early release of the story would also give time for people to trace the story back to another candidate or their supporters to identify the source of the negative campaign, which many people claim to dislike and could also affect votes.

It seems to me that having a heavier turnout during a longer voting period may turn out to be a good idea to help save our system from negative campaigning.