Paulding.com

Allegations Surface Against District 19 Candidate

Exactly!

Back to the topic at hand, I had already said I had no intention of voting for Mr. Stout. I knew he was divorced, but had no idea of the details, and did not ask because of the amount of time that had passed. I have completely other issues with Mr. Stout. ;)

What'd I really hate to see is this one issue being blamed as the sole reason he's not elected (if he's not). I'm not sure that many people will make this a driving issue. I do respect his being honest and forthcoming.

My God. This makes twice in one week you and I have agreed. One of us is either drinking, has a lapse in sanity, or you're finally coming around. :yahoo:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are those who will say 'once a cheater, always a cheater' and that 'if you'll cheat on your spouse, you'll cheat the taxpayers as well'.   to me, this is like saying 'once a waitress, always a

Frankly, I find JMT's prose so self-admiringly opaque that it’s nearly impossible to figure out what he’s saying about anyone at anytime. It’s like being insulted in Sanskrit. It’s possible he’s writi

Not really. Just noting that the agreement here has more to do with the R in front of the candidate's name instead of anything else.   Chocolate. I am craving chocolate.

Do you ask your spouse the same questions?

You are trying to impose your morality on us. Why is that ok if it isn't ok for us to do the same?

You're going to have to explain your logic because it is making no sense. A candidate is not applying for a job as a spouse and a spouse is not applying for a job as a candidate. Are you saying everyone should be privy to your conversations with your spouse? :rolleyes:

I clearly need to make a doctor's appointment.

I've already made mine for next week or else I would be in the emergency room now. :rofl:

You're going to have to explain your logic because it is making no sense.

I'm sure most of life appears to you that way.

I've already made mine for next week or else I would be in the emergency room now. :rofl:

I hope a straight jacket is on the prescription. :rofl:

Obviously, this election is very important to each and every citizen of the 19th District and I personally want the best for each and every citizen of this district. I am just curious though, did Mr. Stout ever say who the admitted affair was with? I haven't had time to read through this entire thread so that question might already be answered above.

Obviously, this election is very important to each and every citizen of the 19th District and I personally want the best for each and every citizen of this district. I am just curious though, did Mr. Stout ever say who the admitted affair was with? I haven't had time to read through this entire thread so that question might already be answered above.

BB the information is available and we have some members that have seen it and can direct you to where to find it.

It is not on this site.

BB the information is available and we have some members that have seen it and can direct you to where to find it.

It is not on this site.

I appreciate that and have already received this informaton. Do you know if Mr. Stout will be making a statement on this site as to whether or not the allegations as to who the affair was with are true or false?

I appreciate that and have already received this informaton. Do you know if Mr. Stout will be making a statement on this site as to whether or not the allegations as to who the affair was with are true or false?

I honestly am not sure about all the details that he has confirmed.

We are not trying to protect the integrity of Mr. Stouts campaign.

We are more concerned with the consequences to innocents.

This decision was not lightly made as we are aware that it would probably benefit us in numbers.

At this point it has probably spread like wildfire anyway.

All that would be left is the stoning.

There was a post not far above yours (that I can neither confirm nor deny) that seems to have gone Poof!

I think his original response can only be found in LTD's post because it seems to have vanished along with the original accusation on the site where they were posted. Maybe my computer is just failing to pick them up. He did not address that in the response that LTD started this thread with.

I don't think we need to go into the particulars of the incident and we've not gone there.

I would recommend that rather than judging anyone, you simply sit back and think about how things go wrong while listening to this Simon and Garfunkel song that served as the theme song for the movie "The Graduate."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvlTn5xnozE

pubby

I don't think we need to go into the particulars of the incident and we've not gone there.

I would recommend that rather than judging anyone, you simply sit back and think about how things go wrong while listening to this Simon and Garfunkel song that served as the theme song for the movie "The Graduate."

pubby

I would think that choosing someone to vote for is making a judgement! I don't think you should to go into particulars on your site either. I like the line in the song that says "When you've got to choose ,Every way you look at it, you lose" How do you remember this stuff Pubby?

I have to strongly disagree with the above in bold. Sure, there are "some" supporters of past candidates who may play hardball on the sidelines but I am not seeing this at all with Daniel. Nothing, zero, zip, nada and certainly not from me.

The one who happened to be in the former seat of the House and while I have my own private views because this is not about the previous holder of the that seat, happened to be in a very powerful seat, had been a politician for quite awhile, and well into adulthood, and was holding an elected seat while he committed his acts.

What I see is a pre-judgement for someone who has never held a seat, is being tarnished because of a past incident in his "private" life at a young age, has turned everything around and is now married to a wonderful wife. Before he married his present wife, Kelly, he was forth coming to her of what he did. She told me this earlier this week. He could have hid it from her but he did not. That tells me a lot. It also tells me that Daniel knows of what his future would be if he went back and repeated what he did a decade ago. At this point in his life, as with any of ours, to do something completely unethical or something much worse, would ruin our lives for a very long time.

In my own views since I cannot vote, I also ask why deny a person the ability to become successful after they have made a past mistake, 10 years ago no less and has shown their remorse for it? If that was the case, then many people in this nation wouldn't be where they are now. The thief on the cross with Jesus would not be with Christ now.

In Luke 12:8 we see Jesus saying “Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God”.

In Matthew 7:21, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”.

It is just how I feel with this candiate from my own perspective of the matter. I am all for ethical politicians but I also believe a past "private" bad deed long ago as an ordinary citizen should not prevent them from pursuing their goals in life which would include public office.

One cannot even compare of what Daniel did to what Clinton did while in office.

Ask a person that was charged with a Felony and is 40 or 50 years now, how society has forgiven them. Peoples past do affect thier future, People need to think before they do, we accept too many mistakes from people in society.Get them in office and then they do as they please because of thier power. Your sins will find you out people.

FYI.....

If anyone cares to accuse me of deleting comments under my article, you are more than welcome to prove it. Although I have the ability to delete comments, I have not done so. :angry2:

I have all of the comments, all 28 comments in my login area. There are two pages of comments on the article page but I see that the rest before it are not showing and I have no answers for it.

I do not own the site, only the articles. Therefore, do not accuse me of hiding anything.

Thank you,

Chris

Edited by PraiseThee

FYI.....

If anyone cares to accuse me of deleting comments under my article, you are more than welcome to prove it. Although I have the ability to delete comments, I have not done so. :angry2:

I have all of the comments, all 28 comments in my login area. There are two pages of comments on the article page but I see that the rest before it are not showing and I have no answers for it.

I do not own the site, only the articles. Therefore, do not accuse me of hiding anything.

Thank you,

Chris

Perhaps they got the idea from this post.

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/237855-allegations-surface-against-district-19-candidate/page__view__findpost__p__3085833

I don't care if he had sex with a goat, he is just too religious to represent me.

It would seem that you are determined to put the sordid details of this on our site, despite the administration plainly expressing that we did not want to publish them.

It would seem to me that this is an attempt to pull some sympathy votes from the religious voters in District 19.

I don't care if he had sex with a goat, he is just too religious to represent me.

It would seem to me that this is an attempt to pull some sympathy votes from the religious voters in District 19.

It is a fundamental difference in the sites.

blink.gif

Sorry, I didn't read the entire boring thread mostly because a religious person having extramarital sex isn't really news anymore. Is this an obvious blink or a what planet are you from blink? If it's the later, I can tell you that I have already heard the plan working on some of my religious acquaintances. They all seem to think it is their obligation to give someone a second chance simply because they have repented their sins.

Sorry, I didn't read the entire boring thread mostly because a religious person having extramarital sex isn't really news anymore. Is this an obvious blink or a what planet are you from blink? If it's the later, I can tell you that I have already heard the plan working on some of my religious acquaintances. They all seem to think it is their obligation to give someone a second chance simply because they have repented their sins.

It was a "what planet" blink. Sorry. Second chance? Sure. I do know that as a society we judge sexual sins much more harshly than others. Send him to the House? I wasn't planning on doing that before the "revelation". This did not change my mind. I'm not going to vote for him just to prove how "enlightened" I am.

It was a "what planet" blink. Sorry. Second chance? Sure. I do know that as a society we judge sexual sins much more harshly than others. Send him to the House? I wasn't planning on doing that before the "revelation". This did not change my mind. I'm not going to vote for him just to prove how "enlightened" I am.

Same here. I'm just not overly impressed with any of them. I prefer no representation over what we had.

I chose not to reprint the allegation because first it was anonymous and details are unverifiable. Second, such details are not material to any character reflection that a past affair and subsequent admission may or may not have in a particular voters mind. To publish them would serve no useful purpose whatsoever.

I remain very hopeful that a better candidate will emerge for the general election. pardon.gif

Since we are paying the representative why shouldn't we be able to "hire" someone from outside the district to do the job? We might find a more capable person with no political ties to special interest groups in the county. One year contract and fire him / her if they don't produce.

With the internet it is ridiculous to keep doing things the old fashioned way.

Since we are paying the representative why shouldn't we be able to "hire" someone from outside the district to do the job? We might find a more capable person with no political ties to special interest groups in the county. One year contract and fire him / her if they don't produce.

With the internet it is ridiculous to keep doing things the old fashioned way.

Interesting concept ... but no thanks. There are other ways to do what you ask.

I personally would like to see someone versed in the social research methods deign to run and in essence put together a panel of residents who are selected to represent the district - five or six hundred. They are charged organized in committees and basically are in their neighborhoods as the representatives and they vote on the issues and the elected representative's job is to keep them informed and involved. The elected representative casts votes based on the 'polling' results of this representative sample.

As the elected representative, the person could vote against the group calling into question his ability to represent the district. The group could demand his/her resignation and the representative could either resign or dissolve the panel and take his/her chances at the next election.

The good news is that the 'elected representative' - if he follows the lead of the district as shown by the poll, gain re-election because his/her method of deciding votes is 'the best way to do things' ... and without much need for a big-buck campaign.

The thing I like about it is that it opens the door of transparency to the activities of lobbyists as in this kind of scheme, the lobbyists would be required to talk directly to the 'panel' to gain support for their initiatives.

I also see the role of the representative as one of being an opinion leader who seeks to influence the voters on his panel to 'do the right thing.'

While such a system could come from a single candidacy, my belief is that there would be a real effort on the balance of those elected to office to thwart it as the candidate who ran on such a concept, would represent such a threat to the rest of them they would seek to destroy the candidate and effort.

On the other hand, the very concept of true 'sample' respresentation - you get 500 or so folks from a district scientifically - i.e. randomly selected - and you're going to get more moderate approaches as the extremes, I don't believe, will be able to push the agenda in that kind of effort.

The essential concept is that the person running for the job has to pledge to do the bidding of the majority of those on the panel - usually even if he/she would disagree with the decision of the panel. How exactly the dynamic of actually doing this might emerge I don't think anyone would know. Its success would be dependent on the technology involved though.

So if you're interested in discussing that further start a topic.

pubby

I was going to run, but I had sex with someone who wasn't my boyfriend when I was 20.

Now that is not even funny! This matter is important. If you don't want your past history open to the public DON'T RUN FOR OFFICE. If there is something out there just be up front about it and let the folks send you packing or vote you into office. Baggage and all. JMO

Now that is not even funny! This matter is important. If you don't want your past history open to the public DON'T RUN FOR OFFICE. If there is something out there just be up front about it and let the folks send you packing or vote you into office. Baggage and all. JMO

Well, since I've already put it out there can I run and just not say his name? rofl.gif

Well, he verified the details to Tom Crawford and he printed an article yesterday that is making the rounds. It is just my opinion but he has been dragging Richardson's name through the mud for having an affair and a lack of ethics and for this to be verified by him shows me a lot about his character.

Edited by TwoKidCircus

Ok. Voted for Ronnie this morning. I was not that impressed with him until I met him in person. He has a mature approach to his stance on the issues. I kind of felt that he had been around the block before and would not be easily swayed.

I think this is going to be important for the next person to hold the office. When people get under the gold dome they seem to change.

Speaking only for myself, and not as a criticism of others, I personally do not see how overcoming a horrible mistake in your past somehow disallows you from recognizing such behavior in the future as the destructive choice that it is, or from openly saying so... especially if your life is now a testament to the positive results of overcoming such mistakes.

At the same time, I think that the "saying so" can be done in good ways and bad ways - speaking the truth in love, as it were. But if "A is A" is a true statement, then the fact that "A is A" is not dependent on the past behavior or even the current beliefs of the person making the observation. It just is, and recognizing it is not a wrong thing.

This is neither an endorsement nor a defense of any person, candidate, or pcommer. Just an opinion.

JMT

...just voted...