Paulding.com

Should police and firemen be exempt from paying state income taxes?

Should police and fire officials be given special status  

119 members have voted

1. 1. For instance, should they be able to avoid paying state income tax on their public salaries?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, should all public employees, including politicians, be granted such an exemption?

• Yes, all public employees should be exempt
    • No, just public safety employees should be exempt
    • No, they should not be exempt

Pubby you are twisting the facts on how the fair tax works with the " adding 25% " comment. go back and re-read the fair tax book again, slowly, and comprehend it.

Well said... I mean if you want to debate something you at least have to understand what you are talking about.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pubby you are twisting the facts on how the fair tax works with the " adding 25% " comment. go back and re-read the fair tax book again, slowly, and comprehend it.

I wonder if the reactions would be different if he were calling for a minimal pay raise for them? Many of these departments have gone a number of years without pay raises because the money isn't ther

A lot of these women should THINK before sleeping around. Use birthcontrol and NOT have kids until they can support them.

This is one of several explanations I have read about the Fair Tax and unless the actual words mean something besides what they are saying, everything would in fact be taxed at 23%. Is that not correct? I certainly wouldn't want to pay an additional $4,600.00 for a $20,000.00 vehicle or an additional $34,500.00 on a $150,000.00 house.

Does 'everything' not really mean 'everything'? Because all that I have read says 'everything.

Overview of the Fair Tax

In place of all current federal taxes, the FairTax would place a 23 percent tax on the final sale of all goods and services. Exports and business inputs (i.e. intermediate sales) would not be taxed.

Individuals would file no tax return at all. Businesses would only need to deal with sales tax returns. The IRS and all 20,000 pages of IRS regulations would be abolished.

Under the FairTax, no federal taxes would be withheld from employees' paychecks. Social Security and Medicare would be funded by sales tax revenue.