Paulding.com

My beautiful sister

My beautiful sister took her last breath at 1:45 this afternoon. She waited for us to get to the hospice, and she passed about 30 seconds after we arrived, surrounded by me, my brothers and my mom. We were holding her hand, telling her we loved her, and she just left.

n722986092_2325623_9882.jpg

I will miss her until my final day on this earth.

When we got back in the car to leave, her 2 favorite songs came on, back to back. The first was Michael Jackson, her all time favorite entertainer. The second was Breathe (No Air). She called that one her theme song. I am sure those were signs from her, or at least I like to think so.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the last 18 months. It has meant more than I can tell you.

TARA

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all so much for the very kind thoughts and prayers.   How I wish you could have known Shannon. She was loved by so many more people than I could possibly imagine. Shannon was, by far,

41 years ago today, Shannon was Christened. How appropriate that she went home today, which also happens to be our grandfather's birthday.

Posted Images

Oh My .... I'm so so sorry. Sounds like she sent a "message" to you all .....

May Shannon rest in peace and may your memories help ease your heartache in the days and weeks to come.

Thoughts to the family and friends tonight ..... peace.

You're in my prayers and thoughts Tara.

Thank you for letting me be a small part of your journey with her, from pick me ups in the mail, to PMs here, and all that you both shared through this.

I wipe away tears for a lady I never met in person... but for whom touched my heart none the less.

And yes, that was certainly a sign from Shannon!!! :wub:

Oh I am soooo sorry. I was just reading the update (the story about the scrambled eggs) and I was laughing with you and then I saw this topic, now I am crying. I am truly sorry for your loss. She was very beautiful just like you. Prayers to you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss but pray you will find comfort in knowing Shannon is in God's loving arms and there is no more pain. I, too, believe her favorite songs were sent to you by her to let you know she is okay......and "it" is okay. Bless her heart - she fought a good fight. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

I am so sorry. Hugs to you and the rest of your family.

My father in law waited until his sister arrived from south Georgia. He passed away just minutes after she arrived.

I know what you mean about you'll miss her until your last day. I will always miss my brother Ray (1941-1974) and my sister Jan (1934-2000), no matter how many years since they left this life or the fact that there were so many years between them and me.

Hugs and more hugs to you. She doesn't have to suffer any longer. May that bring peace to you.

My beautiful sister took her last breath at 1:45 this afternoon. She waited for us to get to the hospice, and she passed about 30 seconds after we arrived, surrounded by me, my brothers and my mom. We were holding her hand, telling her we loved her, and she just left.

n722986092_2325623_9882.jpg

I will miss her until my final day on this earth.

When we got back in the car to leave, her 2 favorite songs came on, back to back. The first was Michael Jackson, her all time favorite entertainer. The second was Breathe (No Air). She called that one her theme song. I am sure those were signs from her, or at least I like to think so.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the last 18 months. It has meant more than I can tell you.

TARA

I am so very sorry Tara. Thoughts and prayers for comfort to you and your family. I know it has been a long hard struggle for you all but she is at peace now and you can all take comfort in that.

It is very obvious to me that you dearly loved your sister and I am very glad you were all able to be with her - God Bless you and your family and may he hold you tight and be of comfort to you during this difficult time.