Paulding.com

My beautiful sister

The day after my mother inlaw passed away .. a beautiful bush bloomed in front of our house. It had never bloomed before her death. We took it as a sign, and I'm sure your sister is still with you. Love and blessings for your family are all around :wub:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all so much for the very kind thoughts and prayers.   How I wish you could have known Shannon. She was loved by so many more people than I could possibly imagine. Shannon was, by far,

41 years ago today, Shannon was Christened. How appropriate that she went home today, which also happens to be our grandfather's birthday.

Posted Images

shan.jpg

Shannon Rose Henry 1/14/69-2/2/10

Yesterday I had to go get Shannon's ashes. In the car on the way back "our" song came on (We are family). I looked up and I was passing Rose Street...........Just like the song goes, I had all my sisters with me!

How are you NY Gal? I know it has been a rough week for you and I have been praying for you.

I am ok, thanks for asking. Enjoying remembering my sister, who is still making me laugh! She is resting comfortably on my mantle, just where she wanted to be. Wondering if I will crash and burn this week? I hope not!

I know I will reach for the phone a hundred times to call her. She and I have been in the same business for 17 years, and there are some things only she would "get". That will be the hardest thing for me. The other day someone asked me a question that I didn't know the answer to, and before I could stop myself I replied "ask Shannon, she will know". That stopped me in my tracks for a minute.

Although broken hearted, my family is able to handle this with humor. Some people might find that disrespectful, but it is what we do, and Shannon would be right there with us.

Still appreciating everyone's kind thoughts and words of comfort.......

I am ok, thanks for asking. Enjoying remembering my sister, who is still making me laugh! She is resting comfortably on my mantle, just where she wanted to be. Wondering if I will crash and burn this week? I hope not!

I know I will reach for the phone a hundred times to call her. She and I have been in the same business for 17 years, and there are some things only she would "get". That will be the hardest thing for me. The other day someone asked me a question that I didn't know the answer to, and before I could stop myself I replied "ask Shannon, she will know". That stopped me in my tracks for a minute.

Although broken hearted, my family is able to handle this with humor. Some people might find that disrespectful, but it is what we do, and Shannon would be right there with us.

Still appreciating everyone's kind thoughts and words of comfort.......

So NOT disrespectful! I can't imagine that Shannon would want it any other way. And families cope differently, ours does it with humor as your does. But you get through these times however you can and that is what is right for you, regardless of how it may look to others. Keep smiling and remembering! :)

Tara - I haven't been on p.com for a while and just saw this - I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. ((Hugs)) I'm so glad you had the time with Shannon before she went to become an angel looking over you. Her love and will always be with you. Lifting you in prayers.

Martha Carver aka penguin

2345728hxyq18zhel.gif

Tara - I haven't been on p.com for a while and just saw this - I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. ((Hugs)) I'm so glad you had the time with Shannon before she went to become an angel looking over you. Her love and will always be with you. Lifting you in prayers.

Martha Carver aka penguin

2345728hxyq18zhel.gif

Thanks, Martha!

Today, at the exact time Shannon passed away a week ago, the song "Just breathe" came on. That was all Shannon wanted to be able to do........just breathe!

Thanks, Martha!

Today, at the exact time Shannon passed away a week ago, the song "Just breathe" came on. That was all Shannon wanted to be able to do........just breathe!

I know what you mean. My best friends Mother (my second Mom) is in the final stages of her journey as well :(

Life is about laughter and tears. If you can remember your sister with a laugh, then you are giving her a beautiful gift. The tears are there, but she would never want you to focus on those. She would want you to laugh at the memories and remember all the wonderful moments in her life. Remember the times she totally ticked you off, remember the times she screwed up royally, remember the times she cried, remember the times she stood by you, but mostly, remember those moments where she made you smile.

Life is about laughter and tears. If you can remember your sister with a laugh, then you are giving her a beautiful gift. The tears are there, but she would never want you to focus on those. She would want you to laugh at the memories and remember all the wonderful moments in her life. Remember the times she totally ticked you off, remember the times she screwed up royally, remember the times she cried, remember the times she stood by you, but mostly, remember those moments where she made you smile.

I do!! I found her 6th grade autograph book. If she was still here I would KILL her for what she wrote about me. She's lucky I didn't find it sooner! Such a brat she was!! :rolleyes:

Tara

I am so sorry about your loss, I just saw this topic, my heart breaks for you. May the lord give you peace that only he can provide. RIP Shannon, many loved you whom have never met you!

Thanks. It makes me feel good that so many people who never knew her truly cared. I wish you all could have met her. She was soooooooo funny. Sarcastic and cutting, but hysterically funny. And generous.....and smart.........and beautiful........and so many other things.