Paulding.com

Candidates finalized for House Dist. 19 race

Oh, I agree that the school board played their part... my biggest gripe was that they were proposing the bond before any of the schools promised for the SPLOST several years before were even started and threatening us with double sessions at the same time.

However, with them stuck with a BOC that loved developers and state representatives that didn't care, they only had two legal options that they alone controlled: Raise the money for new schools through a bond/base tax rate or let the schools go to double sessions sooner or later. Do you see another option they had that did not require the BOC and State to assist? So they put the two options they had up to the voters. I knew if it failed the first time we would see it again, it was their only option.

The BOE does not have the legal power to force the BOC or the state to do their bidding and give them another legal option that would work. That is our job as voters. Jerry is gone, but others from that developer based commission remain.

We just have to remember that this bond was only a five year band-aid. As soon as growth in this area picks up again, we'll be right in the middle of it again and will see another bond if nothing changes.

I strongly urge any voter who doesn't want to see another bond on the ballot in the next five years to bombard your commissioner, BOE representative and state leaders with letters asking them to fix the impact fee law NOW, while we have time and for those in the 19th, to ask the candidate they are planning on voting for how they stand on the matter.

I found a dead 2000 House resolution HR260 that would have given the BOE this power. I also found where in 2005 a Study Committee was formed, apparently to no avail.

This is absolutely something that our new representative should look into.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I am not the Judge or Jury (or then, I guess I could be part of the Jury as I am a registered voter) - you never know do you?   And no, Whitey is not under any obligation to answer me. Howev

And there are SOME people who bully others with the threat of lawsuits to get them to shut up and not speak. Which is worse?

"Man up" Whitey and just answer our questions - it really is very simple! You keep trying to distract everyone from the issue at hand and it is not working. Just simply answer the questions.    

Let me preface this by saying that I am very serious about this - I think either Lots to Do or Sound Guy need to run for this office, obviously not for this upcoming Special Election as qualifying has aended but for the next election. Which one of you will it be? Do we need to do a coin toss? :lol:

Truly I am serious - I think either of you would do a great job!

Let me preface this by saying that I am very serious about this - I think either Lots to Do or Sound Guy need to run for this office, obviously not for this upcoming Special Election as qualifying has aended but for the next election. Which one of you will it be? Do we need to do a coin toss? :lol:

Truly I am serious - I think either of you would do a great job!

LOL Beach. You know from our other conversations that I would have a problem with any party I tried to join since I tend not to follow the party line and will call out other members of that party I disagreed with. :) And without party funding now a days, a candidate doesn't have a chance even in a local election. :(

However, if I ever win the lottery and can run independently,... look out political world. :o :rofl:

What I have to do now, is do more to influence the candidates we do have. With the kids growing up, I hope to find more time to do this. I'm learning that we all have to take part in the system or it doesn't work.

LOL Beach. You know from our other conversations that I would have a problem with any party I tried to join since I tend not to follow the party line and will call out other members of that party I disagreed with. :) And without party funding now a days, a candidate doesn't have a chance even in a local election. :(

However, if I ever win the lottery and can run independently,... look out political world. :o :rofl:

What I have to do now, is do more to influence the candidates we do have. With the kids growing up, I hope to find more time to do this. I'm learning that we all have to take part in the system or it doesn't work.

That is not a bad thing! :lol:

LOL Beach. You know from our other conversations that I would have a problem with any party I tried to join since I tend not to follow the party line and will call out other members of that party I disagreed with. smile.gif And without party funding now a days, a candidate doesn't have a chance even in a local election. sad.gif

However, if I ever win the lottery and can run independently,... look out political world. ohmy.gif rofl.gif

Just what do you think the new Senator Brown from Massachusetts did and check out Marco Rubio in Florida. Last time I looked he was 12 points ahead of Charlie Crist in the polls. I like folks who stand up for what they believe. I think you or LTD would make great candidates.smile.gif

Daniel Stout

http://www.electdanielstout.com/

Ronny Sibley

Jody Cash

Early voting is Monday, Feb 15 - Friday, Feb 19. Early voting hours are 8-5. You may vote at any of the following early voting locations during the early voting period.

Paulding County Election Office

240 Constitution Blvd. First Floor

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Mt. Tabor Park

1550 East Paulding Drive

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Russom Elementary School

44 Russom Elementary School Lane

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Hiram City Hall Courtroom (Previously Hiram Community Center)

217 Main Street

Hiram, Georgia 30141

=====

Voters registered before Thursday, January 28 in the 19th House district may vote in this election. To find out if you are in the 19th district, use the Poll locator.

The special election will be held February 23.

http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/polllocator/

So, I was just wondering, do we know who is running?

Check out Paulding.com news on the fastread page. Pubby has all of them on video.

I see that Pubby has made it easier. He has posted it.

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/236120-pauldings-district-19-special-election-candidates-showcased-on-video/page__pid__3064810__st__0&&do=findComment&comment=3064810

Hope I did that link right.

Well I would like people to go to www.votecash2010.com and e-mail me with questions if you have any. Thank you taking the time to find out who I am, and try to know me. Jody Cash

Thank you for running - I know it is a sacrifice on the part of yourself and your family but we certainly do appreciate the opportunity to have choices! Sounds like you have run a very successful business for many years and that is to be commended. Thank you again for referring us to your website and taking the time to answer questions. Best of luck!

What was really amazing though is the figures here in our great state of the number of teacher's job's saved through this stimulus bill over 20,000 total jobs saved or added and a vast majority of those jobs were teachers,Firemen and Policemen

What happens next year when that well runs dry ??? :huh:

This needs a bump, no one knew you had a website.....

Thanks cherokee woman. Keeping this in the people's sight. I can't vote in this election - wrong district. I see 3 types of candidates.

This is not favoring any of the three, just saying what I've seen1

Ronnie - a mature seasoned candidate that may be able to fit in and negotiate with the powers that be. His background is labor negotiations.

Daniel - a younger conservative voice who is very pro-life, would offer newer thoughts/ideas to the process.

Jody - an experienced small business owner that understands the struggles of the SBO (taxation, regulations) and the individual citizens of the county.

There is a meet & greet at the Chamber - lower building - on Thursday, Feb 11th from 6-8pm.

The Paulding GOP is reaching out to all 3 candidates to see if we can put a debate together the week after that. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck to all those that vote. Good luck to the candidates.