Paulding.com

Candidates finalized for House Dist. 19 race

Respectfully I would like for you to consider starting your own thread about the FAILURES and successes of Obama. This thread has nothing to do with Obama. Thank you in advance!

Sorry BB, I started it. He or she just responded. I will let it go. :blush:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I am not the Judge or Jury (or then, I guess I could be part of the Jury as I am a registered voter) - you never know do you?   And no, Whitey is not under any obligation to answer me. Howev

And there are SOME people who bully others with the threat of lawsuits to get them to shut up and not speak. Which is worse?

"Man up" Whitey and just answer our questions - it really is very simple! You keep trying to distract everyone from the issue at hand and it is not working. Just simply answer the questions.    

I don't think that failure is the lack of sucess. 1 year into a 4 year term does not make sucess or failure.

His failure for the first year of his 4 year Presidency may very well make him more of a lame duck than anything else for the next 3 years. I believe he will be a one term President and he will top Jimmy Carter's failure at the job. That is really quite hard to do too. rolleyes.gif JMO

Whoops! Sorry BB!!

Respectfully I would like for you to consider starting your own thread about the FAILURES and successes of Obama. This thread has nothing to do with Obama. Thank you in advance!

I respectfully disagree. The H19 race and the school board are all about politics. The point being that it does not matter if it is the President of the US or the school board. Sucess and failure can not be judged on one issue.

I respectfully disagree. The H19 race and the school board are all about politics. The point being that it does not matter if it is the President of the US or the school board. Sucess and failure can not be judged on one issue.

Once again, this thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Obama - please be respectful of everyone else on this site and start your own thread in the political forum. This thread concerns a local issue and has nothing to do with Obama.

I assure you that I am not saying that you don't have a right to your opinion because you do. I am simply asking you to be respectful of others and start your thread in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Name his successes. 8)

Well he got the stimulus bill passed,which has certaintly helped Paulding County,and prevented massive tax increases,

in the School DistrictIt also reduced taxes for 95% of all working Americans.

He saved the American automobile industry.

He prevented the total collapse of the banking industry,Which was done in a bi partisan matter along with the Bush adminstrations help.

Has had cap and trade passed by the House waiting for the senate

Been working very hard on Health Care reform, Which will be passed very soon in some form.Which will cover millions of more americans, And at the same time reduce the National Debt.

I believe/not sure that he passed equal pay for women

All combats troops out of Iraq by August of this year(never should have been there anyway)

Increased troop level in Afaganistan. SO THAT WAR CAN BE WON, IN A BI PARTISIAN MANNER.

The list can just on and on

Well he got the stimulus bill passed,which has certaintly helped Paulding County,and prevented massive tax increases,

in the School DistrictIt also reduced taxes for 95% of all working Americans.

He saved the American automobile industry.

He prevented the total collapse of the banking industry,Which was done in a bi partisan matter along with the Bush adminstrations help.

Has had cap and trade passed by the House waiting for the senate

Been working very hard on Health Care reform, Which will be passed very soon in some form.Which will cover millions of more americans, And at the same time reduce the National Debt.

I believe/not sure that he passed equal pay for women

All combats troops out of Iraq by August of this year(never should have been there anyway)

Increased troop level in Afaganistan. SO THAT WAR CAN BE WON, IN A BI PARTISIAN MANNER.

The list can just on and on

Please Whitey - give it up already. This "wag the dog" stuff is getting really old. Just simply answer our questions that are relevant to this thread - it shouldn't be that hard for you.

This thread and SOME posters here are what give poltics a bad name.

I agree. There are SOME here that have made unfounded, untrue accusations against a very reputable, upstanding member of our community and they won't take the "high road" and "own up" to it. They simply keep changing the subject hoping that attention will be deflected from the issue at hand. I have news for them - it won't!

• Like 1

I agree. There are SOME here that have made unfounded, untrue accusations against a very reputable, upstanding member of our community and they won't take the "high road" and "own up" to it. They simply keep changing the subject hoping that attention will be deflected from the issue at hand. I have news for them - it won't!

And there are SOME people who bully others with the threat of lawsuits to get them to shut up and not speak. Which is worse?

• Like 3

Once again, this thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Obama - please be respectful of everyone else on this site and start your own thread in the political forum. This thread concerns a local issue and has nothing to do with Obama.

I assure you that I am not saying that you don't have a right to your opinion because you do. I am simply asking you to be respectful of others and start your thread in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Beach Bum tin sandwich has as much right to hy jack this thread as you did the other thread where I was posting, RIGHT

Until you become a moderator or own this web site what right do you have to tell anyone where to post?

Furthermore if you will review this thread it has been hy jacked several times,By persons other than my self or tin sandwich. And you never complianed, Fact is the thread was started as

"Replying to Candidates finalized for House Dist. 19 race" Let's stick to that, If you want to start a thread on your concerns do that.

I don't know - you tell me. What I do know that we should all know that there are consequences to actions and that you, me nor anyone else here has an inherent right to "freedom of speech" on an internet forum. The First Amendment does not mean you can say anything you want, anywhere you want, with no consequences whatsoever.

I don't know - you tell me. What I do know that we should all know that there are consequences to actions and that you, me nor anyone else here has an inherent right to "freedom of speech" on an internet forum. The First Amendment does not mean you can say anything you want, anywhere you want, with no consequences whatsoever.

And that does NOT give you the right to bully others by threat of lawsuits just because you disagree with their speech. This is not Nazi Germany and you are not part of the SS.

• Like 2

Beach Bum tin sandwich has as much right to hy jack this thread as you did the other thread where I was posting, RIGHT

Until you become a moderator or own this web site what right do you have to tell anyone where to post?

Furthermore if you will review this thread it has been hy jacked several times,By persons other than my self or tin sandwich. And you never complianed, Fact is the thread was started as

"Replying to Candidates finalized for House Dist. 19 race" Let's stick to that, If you want to start a thread on your concerns do that.

"Man up" Whitey and just answer our questions - it really is very simple! You keep trying to distract everyone from the issue at hand and it is not working. Just simply answer the questions.

And that does NOT give you the right to bully others by threat of lawsuits just because you disagree with their speech. This is not Nazi Germany and you are not part of the SS.

I really can't help it if some here might be paranoid. People should just simply conduct themselves accordingly and abide by the law and you shouldn't have any problem right? It really is very simple......

• Like 2

no obligation to answer you.

I really can't help it if some here might be paranoid. People should just simply conduct themselves accordingly and abide by the law and you shouldn't have any problem right? It really is very simple......

You don't get to be judge and jury.

And Whitey is under no obligation to answer you.

Edited by Jughaid
  • Like 3

You don't get to be judge and jury.

And Whitey is under no obligation to answer you.

No, I am not the Judge or Jury (or then, I guess I could be part of the Jury as I am a registered voter) - you never know do you? :lol:

And no, Whitey is not under any obligation to answer me. However, he made an accusation against a very well respected member of our community here on p.com (and in black and white). If he is to have any credibilty with his accusations, I would certainly hope he would post reasons as to why we should believe him. Thus far, he has not done so. He simply will not answer the questions that I have posed to him earlier in the thread as to this very serious accusation he has made against this individual.

I ask you Jughaid, how you you feel if someone here hiding behind a ficticious name on a public message forum, put in black and white things that there were not willing to back up?

And you have to keep in mind - the "accuser" has the burden of proof.

• Like 1

No, I am not the Judge or Jury (or then, I guess I could be part of the Jury as I am a registered voter) - you never know do you? :lol:

And no, Whitey is not under any obligation to answer me. However, he made an accusation against a very well respected member of our community here on p.com (and in black and white). If he is to have any credibilty with his accusations, I would certainly hope he would post reasons as to why we should believe him. Thus far, he has not done so. He simply will not answer the questions that I have posed to him earlier in the thread as to this very serious accusation he has made against this individual.

I ask you Jughaid, how you you feel if someone here hiding behind a ficticious name on a public message forum, put in black and white things that there were not willing to back up?

It is their right, is it not? Posting anonymously is allowed. Whitey doesn't have to answer. Just because you want it doesn't make it so.

Keep up the good work, Whitey!

Edited by Jughaid
  • Like 2

It is their right, is it not? Posting anonymously is allowed. Whitey doesn't have to answer. Just because you want it doesn't make it so.

Keep up the good work, Whitey!

No Jughaid. It is allowed only to an extent and then, as I said earlier, there could be consequences to actions - do the research and you might be amazed at what you will find out! There are obviously limits to everything.

No Jughaid. It is allowed only to an extent and then, as I said earlier, there could be consequences to actions - do the research and you might be amazed at what you will find out! There are obviously limits to everything.

Are you threatening me with another lawsuit? I say you are a bully, IMHO. That's what I think. You threaten people with lawsuits when you don't like what they say. Just my opinion of course. The opinion of others may vary.

Edited by Jughaid
  • Like 3

Are your threatening me with another lawsuit? I say you are a bully, IMHO. That's what I think. You threaten people with lawsuits when you don't like what they say. Just my opinion of course. The opinion of others may vary.

Oh please....I didn't threaten anyone with anything. I am simply seeking answers, plain, pure and simple. I try very hard to stick to facts by the way - guess it is that 30 years of legal training that I have had kicking in. :lol:

Beach Bum

I asked four questions,And made one statement,If you are not satisfied, Then you need to make friends with the little button on the left of the post that is shaped like a triangle and stetes report. If the moderators or Pubby tells me that what I have done is improper,Then i am sure they will delete the first QUESTION of my post.

Have yourself a very wonderful and restful night GOOD NITE ALL :D

Are you threatening me with another lawsuit? I say you are a bully, IMHO. That's what I think. You threaten people with lawsuits when you don't like what they say. Just my opinion of course. The opinion of others may vary.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh please....I didn't threaten anyone with anything. I am simply seeking answers, plain, pure and simple. I try very hard to stick to facts by the way - guess it is that 30 years of legal training that I have had kicking in. :lol:

So you are threatening me and others with a lawsuit. Gotcha.

Your "legal training" is all fine and good but your arrogance is showing.

Edited by Jughaid

Beach Bum

I asked four questions,And made one statement,If you are not satisfied, Then you need to make friends with the little button on the left of the post that is shaped like a triangle and stetes report. If the moderators or Pubby tells me that what I have done is improper,Then i am sure they will delete the first QUESTION of my post.

Have yourself a very wonderful and restful night GOOD NITE ALL :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You must be confused Whitey. I ask you a question many posts ago, in fact, many days ago. I have quoted you verbatim as to your allegations against Kim Curl and you STILL have not answered. Why have you not answered my simple little question Whitey? :lol:

• Like 1

So you are threatening me and others with a lawsuit. Gotcha.

Your "legal training" is all fine and good but your arrogance is showing.

Please get off your "high horse" Jughaid and don't try to make this thread "all about you" - it is not! I am not threatening you with anything, I am simply saying there are consequences to actons. Read whatever you want it into it.

The last thing the builders and the school board, and the county commission would want to do would be to place a roadblock in the way of that gravy train. The real problem occurs when you don't balance that residential growth, leaving you two choices to prime the pump. You either raise revenue off of the backs of the taxpayers and property owners, or you impose an impact fee on the builders, making them pay at least a portion of the extra burden the high residential growth rate places on school infrastructure. The previous commission and the school board have never seen the obvious benefit of actively controlling growth, and the school board particularly was in a reactionary mode that for whatever reason, favored the builders over the citizens of Paulding County.

I was against the $200 million dollar bond and I agree with most of the above post, but have to state that this problem cannot totally on the school board or even the county commissioners, the state law causes it's share of the problems also. The Impact Fee law that Georgia has is very close to unusable, it places many restrictions on the use of the fees that have serious drawbacks. Cherokee is one of the few counties I've heard of that even tried to use it.

I felt during the bond campaigns, and still feel, that the proper solution should have been a smaller bond, with Speaker Glenn and Sen Heath and Rep Maxwell, working together to change the Georgia Impact Fee law into a valid solution that wouldn't handicap the school board with worthless restrictions and has the builders and county citizens to fund the required schools *together*, without a overly heavy load on either. After a small bond to get us past the critical needs, an impact fee and the SPLOST should have been enough to supply the funding for growth in the schools as needed, since the more homes built, the more money the board would get.

However, when I wrote Sen Heath, Rep Maxwell and Rep Richardson about changing the law, only Sen Heath even bothered to reply, (though to give Maxwell the benefit of a doubt, I heard later than his wife had been very sick at that time), and his reply was that in their meetings with the county commission and school board, no one had shown any interest in changing the law and he wasn't going to work on it without a county request. Of course, when I brought Heath's letter up at a county public meeting to Chairman Jerry, he said in the meeting that Heath was wrong, they had strongly asked for it. Of the two, I think I believe Heath. That was one of the primary reasons I voted against Jerry, I won't vote for someone I no longer trust.

We have to get politicians in office at *all* levels that are willing to write laws that *work*, not screwed up by special interest exclusions.

This recession has slowed building, giving us a special chance to build a better solution for the growth issue before the problem become critical again and the School board gives us another 200+ million dollar band-aid like Obama's stimulus.

I don't care if it's a Republican, Democrat or Independent. If someone will show me they want to *fix* problems, I'll vote for them at this point.

I will be writing again to all of my elected officials directly before the next election as Beach Bum has suggested to see just what they support. If they don't have some good answers, (or don't answer at all, like Richardson) I'll do my best to find someone that does and vote for them. While I can't vote in this special election, I suggest to those that can, you should do the same for the candidates you have.

Good luck, for all our sakes.

Please get off your "high horse" Jughaid and don't try to make this thread "all about you" - it is not! I am not threatening you with anything, I am simply saying there are consequences to actons. Read whatever you want it into it.

I am not on a high horse at all but it is pretty obvious you think you are on one. Read whatever you want into that. I think you are a very mean-spirited person hell bent on destroying anyone who disagrees with you. That is just my opinion and others may think differently.

Keep up the good work, Whitey! You don't have to answer Beach Bum's questions.

Edited by Jughaid

I am not on a high horse at all but it is pretty obvious you think you are on one. Read whatever you want into that.

When and if I ever personally get on my "high horse", you can best believe it is with good reason.

I am not on a high horse at all but it is pretty obvious you think you are on one. Read whatever you want into that. I think you are a very mean-spirited person hell bent on destroying anyone who disagrees with you. That is just my opinion and others may think differently.

Keep up the good work, Whitey! You don't have to answer Beach Bum's questions.

If it makes you feel better about yourself Jughaid....have at it! :lol:

When and if I ever personally get on my "high horse", you can best believe it is with good reason.

Have you considered getting laid? It might make you feel better. Others might have a different opinion but I have no idea about that at all.

• Like 1

There is nothing any local Republicans can do to satisfy these democrats. I view it this way.

Certain democrats continue to cry about Jerry. Then go on the unethical tactics to unseat him to put in Austin. Then, the BOC decides to make some rules concerning litigation which ticks them off. As stated, nothing a Repub can do to satisfy them so they go on a witch hunt to make accusations with nothing to back them up. I am sure they are looking for something to go after Daniel or any other of the candidates with not much for them to own up to.

:good: