Paulding.com

Candidates finalized for House Dist. 19 race

I have no idea, I just know that is what she did blush.gif

goes to show since I do not work for the school system any longer I am not up to date on a lot of this stuff blush.gif

and plus I do not visit the political forum so I have no idea who is who any more good.gif

You make any forum you visit lively and interesting! You should make a practice of visiting more often.laugh.gif

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I am not the Judge or Jury (or then, I guess I could be part of the Jury as I am a registered voter) - you never know do you?   And no, Whitey is not under any obligation to answer me. Howev

And there are SOME people who bully others with the threat of lawsuits to get them to shut up and not speak. Which is worse?

"Man up" Whitey and just answer our questions - it really is very simple! You keep trying to distract everyone from the issue at hand and it is not working. Just simply answer the questions.    

You make any forum you visit lively and interesting! You should make a practice of visiting more often.laugh.gif

I agree - Lady Raider we would love to have you in the political forum. You might be straightening a few of us out sometimes and you can always help be a peacemaker. :lol:

Kim Curl is my cousin so I'm a little biased, but he honestly is a wonderful person and would do a great job for Paulding County as he has done in the past on the school board.

Kim Curl is not my cousin but is a great man & anyone who knows him at any level would be hard pressed to say otherwise....

• Like 1

Kim Curl is not my cousin but is a great man & anyone who knows him at any level would be hard pressed to say otherwise....

I don't think anyone has said otherwise. Zell Miller, Roy Barnes and Bill Clinton are also "great men" BUT that doesn't mean that I agree with them politically or that I would vote for them to represent me in any political magnitude.

• Like 1

I see that some of the regulars on this site are heaping High Praise upon Kim Curl, I agree he is a fine person but................

Is this the same person that at one point quit the School Board because he did not get his way??

Is this the same person That Donated money to the "Support Paulding Schools" committee during the School Bond election, That crammed the school bond down the throats of the citizens of Paulding County?

Is this the same person that supported increases in School Taxes almost every year while he was serving on the School Board? While elected to the School Board?

Can Mr. Curl hold both positions if elected to the House of Representives, Or will he resign from the School Board to run for this office.

This is one candidate That has a past record that can be easily seen, Just look at the Tax Statement for the past several years as it relates to the SCHOOL TAXES you have paid, And the decision will be easy to not vote for Kim Curl.

ENOUGH SAID

Had to go back to yesterdays comments. Whitey who do you support? You bash Curl but don't mention which candidate you support. It seems you are bashing him, and maybe at some point the others, since they are not Democrats. I can't wait until we get closer discussing the Governor's race. You will be praising Barnes like he is the next Messiah. Yep, good old boys looking after good old boys.

• Like 1

Had to go back to yesterdays comments. Whitey who do you support? You bash Curl but don't mention which candidate you support. It seems you are bashing him, and maybe at some point the others, since they are not Democrats. I can't wait until we get closer discussing the Governor's race. You will be praising Barnes like he is the next Messiah. Yep, good old boys looking after good old boys.

I re-read the posts from yesterday and I have to agree with you Dallas Bigfoot.

The party has nothing to do with my comments on Mr. Curl, His actions/votes and the way that he has conducted himself as a member of the Paulding County school Board has everything to do with my comments.

I do not agree that we should of had a school tax increase most years that he has served on the School Board, DO YOU????

FYI I believe the record will reflect that last tax year was the first year in several years that the School BOARD DID NOT PROPOSE A TAX INCREASE!!!, Furthermore the School District received MILLIONS of dollars of stimulus money from the Federal Government to off set the need for a tax increase last year.

I will take this opportunity right now to praise Roy Barnes, You really have a short memory, Roy and the Democratic controlled Legislature passed the HTR act which saved most homeowners over $200 per year in property taxes REMEMBER??????????????? Having said that do you remember who took that away????? THE REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED LEGILATURE AND GOOD OLE SONNY BOY.

And you want me to vote for Curl with his track record of tax increases? Wow you have been listening to Rush and Beck to much,And not doing the research on your local candidates, Amazing that some people will agree with you that also campaigned to raise your taxes

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has said otherwise. Zell Miller, Roy Barnes and Bill Clinton are also "great men" BUT that doesn't mean that I agree with them politically or that I would vote for them to represent me in any political magnitude.

If your definition of Bill Clinton is a "great man" you dont have to say anymore!

• Like 1

Being involved in more than one youth organization in Paulding County over the years I have to say Kim Curl has always been very supportive of those programs. Sometimes you can't make decisions that please everyone but someone that cares about the youth in Paulding would have my vote. :)

I do not agree that we should of had a school tax increase most years that he has served on the School Board, DO YOU????

Really?

From the US Census:

Population, percent change, April 1, 2000 to July 1, 200863.2%

How do you propose we make necessary improvements?

If your definition of Bill Clinton is a "great man" you dont have to say anymore!

I'll say this. When Clinton was in office I prospered. When your buddy was in office it cost me $6,000 a year.

I think that says it all. ;)

Paulding County hired Kim Curl to look after the needs of it's children. Look at it any way you want to but in my opinion he did just that. He put what he felt was in the best interest of our kids ahead of anything else.

Heart warming. But what is truly touching is all the county vendors that cared so much for our kids. Oh, and the developers? Amazing at just how soft hearted those developers got.

:blink:

Heart warming. But what is truly touching is all the county vendors that cared so much for our kids. Oh, and the developers? Amazing at just how soft hearted those developers got.

blink.gif

You don't think he was a party to any of that do you? Don't get me wrong, I fought that bond issue and would again. I just know a BOE's main focus has to be on providing for the kids education. I also know we lost the vote on the bond. More people in this County were for it than were against it when the votes were counted.

I'll say this. When Clinton was in office I prospered. When your buddy was in office it cost me $6,000 a year.

I think that says it all. wink.gif

They were still propping up that house of cards called Fannie May and Freddie Mac. Amazing how that fell just before the last election.

I think that says it all. ;)

No, it doesn't say it all. Some of the policies put into place and amended during Clinton's administration might have helped in the "short term" and could be construed as "short term fixes", but as you can see, we are now paying for it in the "long term".

Obviously it is not limited to Clinton or the Democrats; however, I do have to say they caused a great deal of our current problems.

No, it doesn't say it all. Some of the policies put into place and amended during Clinton's administration might have helped in the "short term" and could be construed as "short term fixes", but as you can see, we are now paying for it in the "long term".

Obviously it is not limited to Clinton or the Democrats; however, I do have to say they caused a great deal of our current problems.

Don't forget that there was eight years of Bush too.

I don't like being in a position of having to defend Clinton, I never voted for him, never cared for him. As far as someone to drink a couple of beers with and shoot the bull, I do think he would be a lot of fun.

As for effect on my bottom line......

I have the results and what Clinton did had a much more positive effect on my bank account than what your buddy did. I'll not be voting for him (nice guy or not) and I will be sure to remind everyone I know. Not that it will have any effect on the election outcome but I think it is important to know who played a part in making our tax bill increase.

If you ran for office I would do the same for you. :D

:blink:

You seem to have all the answers, have you considered running for office.I'd like to see that! Then you could stand on the board & change everything... although it has to be a majority so they might not like your idea & then technically you would be supporting it since you are on the board. I am not saying that happened but you act like everything you say is right so I am playing my way now... Support whoever you believe is honest & I will do the same but dont come here trying to convince everyone you are right everytime something like this comes up! Just because you and the other guy say it dont make it so.

• Like 1

You don't think he was a party to any of that do you? Don't get me wrong, I fought that bond issue and would again. I just know a BOE's main focus has to be on providing for the kids education. I also know we lost the vote on the bond. More people in this County were for it than were against it when the votes were counted.

Honestly, I don't know.

What I do know is that he was for raising my taxes and I know I don't want anyone in office that has no problem with nearly doubling my tax.

Actions speak louder than words.

You seem to have all the answers, have you considered running for office.I'd like to see that! Then you could stand on the board & change everything... although it has to be a majority so they might not like your idea & then technically you would be supporting it since you are on the board. I am not saying that happened but you act like everything you say is right so I am playing my way now... Support whoever you believe is honest & I will do the same but dont come here trying to convince everyone you are right everytime something like this comes up! Just because you and the other guy say it dont make it so.

Here's what IS so:

My property tax went from $7,000 a year to over $12,000 a year due mostly to the school bond.

I don't care if Jesus was running for office, if he raised my taxes that much I wouldn't vote for Him either.

So now it was the other BOE members that were responsible for the bond and your guy just had to go along with the majority? Which is it?

Here's what IS so:

My property tax went from $7,000 a year to over $12,000 a year due mostly to the school bond.

I don't care if Jesus was running for office, if he raised my taxes that much I wouldn't vote for Him either.

So now it was the other BOE members that were responsible for the bond and your guy just had to go along with the majority? Which is it?

That is way out of line. Doing a quick search of the "public" tax records, I don't see anyone's property taxes that have increased that much - maybe I am missing something?

I have just gotten word that Kim most likely will withdraw. I cannot say for sure.

I just heard this also. Kim would have made an excellent choice for our Representative.

Come on feelip, Whitey, etc. - here's your chance to show us what "you" can do if you live in that District! :lol:

I have just gotten word that Kim most likely will withdraw. I cannot say for sure.

Wow, that leaves us with 2 with very little or no public record for people to base their decision on.

I hope they get out and campaign to the people so they can make decisions on the issues rather than name recognition based on signs and what others are saying about them.

Does anyone have any knowledge about anything planned in the future so people can learn more?

So if you criticize a politician it means that you can do a better job?

I better see a whole bunch of presidential candidates this next go 'round.

I just heard this also. Kim would have made an excellent choice for our Representative.

Come on feelip, Whitey, etc. - here's your chance to show us what "you" can do if you live in that District! :lol:

Careful what you wish for. What I need to know is if you will support every lame brained mistake I make all the way to the end like you have for all your other friends. :D

There has actually been a third person qualified but do know that qualifying continues through close of business today.

The three qualified so far are:

Daniel Stout

102 Cypress Dr

Dallas, GA 30157

Party Affiliation: Republican Date Qualified: January 25, 2010

Ronny Sibley

231 Indian Lake Court

Hiram, GA 30141

Jody Cash

37 Harlin Dr

Dallas, GA 30157 Party Affiliation: Republican Date Qualified: January 26, 2010

It is obvious that Kim Curl is not among those actually qualifying which does mean that none of those listed have ever been elected to anything before.

Does anyone know anything about Jody Cash?

pubby

I'm just curious, why do you think this is a wise decision?

The voters remember the issues with the BOE and he was a part of that.

Don't take me wrong. I have known Kim for many years and I like him on a personal level.

There has actually been a third person qualified but do know that qualifying continues through close of business today.

The three qualified so far are:

Daniel Stout

102 Cypress Dr

Dallas, GA 30157

Ronny Sibley

231 Indian Lake Court

Hiram, GA 30141

Jody Cash

37 Harlin Dr

Dallas, GA 30157 Party Affiliation: Republican Date Qualified: January 26, 2010

It is obvious that Kim Curl is not among those actually qualifying which does mean that none of those listed have ever been elected to anything before.

Does anyone know anything about Jody Cash?

pubby

I may actually know Jody Cash, I will make some inquiries.

The voters remember the issues with the BOE and he was a part of that.

Don't take me wrong. I have known Kim for many years and I like him on a personal level.

Okay then....the majority of the voters voted in favor of the school bond last time so I guess that could have been a good thing for Kim, right?

Maybe Kim did like I did myself - voted in favor of the school bond for the well-being and educations of the children of this county. Yes, I do believe it was a "necessary evil".

By the way, I am quite sure that the school bond had nothing to do with Kim's decision.

Careful what you wish for. What I need to know is if you will support every lame brained mistake I make all the way to the end like you have for all your other friends. :D

Wouldn't approve of every lame brained mistake but would still be your friend.

There was a last minute filing in this race confirmed by the Secy. of State's office.

It is Joe Brownlee, the GA Power exec and former Chamber Chairman for Paulding.

Joe Brownlee

214 Oak Grove Path

Dallas, GA 30157

Qualifying will end in about 20 minutes so there is a possibility of yet another candidate ... But Joe Brownlee is in the running.

pubby

There was a last minute filing in this race confirmed by the Secy. of State's office.

Joe Brownlee

214 Oak Grove Path

Dallas, GA 30157

Qualifying will end in about 20 minutes so there is a possibility of yet another candidate ... But Joe Brownlee is in the running.

pubby

Great guy and I am excited that he is running!

Joe Brownlee

214 Oak Grove Path

Dallas, GA 30157

pubby

Thanks for checking and keeping us updated Pubby!