Paulding.com

Wreck on 278 (Dallas)

Just heard that there is a bad wreck on Hwy 278 @ the new red light (@ Paulding Bowling center) ... Does anyone know anything about it ?

Dont have any Info. on the wreck at that location, but I'm so fearful that once that light is working(it wasnt working this morning)it will cause problems cause when the sun is in your eyes you cant even see the lite so I hope everyone is very careful when approaching that lite. :blush:

We really need to toughen our standards for issuing driving licenses. It is amazing how many people have no clue what the rules of the road are even though it is all in the drivers manual. Idiot drivers are the problem....not the roads, signs or signals.

That light is flashing yellow to let traffic on 278 know they are clear to continue as the light is not operational. If people stop at that they should have their driving license revoked....no tickets just plain revoked. It should not be too much to ask that those who drive understand the responsibility they are undertaking especially when mistakes can cost lives.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

I think everyoe who actually received their driver's license the old fashioned way know that you stop for a red flashing light and proceed with caution through a yellow flashing light. Yellow flashing lights don't mean yield, folks.

I think a lot of people get confused when WSB and Captain Herb tell eveyone on the radio to treat those intersections as a four way stop. To clarify what Captain Herb is saying, if a formerly operational traffic light at an intersection is not working at all (not flashing any lights) then it should be treated as a four way stop. However, some people might recognize that condition as simply a new light that hasn't yet been put into operation. So you need to be really careful if you approach that intersection with a non-working traffic light. A side road would not have right of way over a state highway (like the one at 278 we're talking about) and you take you life in your own hands if you're relying on oncoming traffic on 278 to stop for you just because the traffic light is not working at all.

But if it is flashing, DO NOT STOP for the yellow flashing light, or you may be the next person that gets rear ended. Courtesy is one thing, driving according to the laws of Georgia is another. Don't become a statistic!