Paulding.com

Aiden lost his battle with cancer at 1:45 a.m. this morning. Please keep Melanie, Jason and family in your prayers. :(

:( :( :( I'm so sorry to hear this. I have been praying for this little boy daily. I'll keep his family in my prayers.

It is very sad indeed. Melanie, Jason and Diane are very strong people by nature, but they are all going to need as many prayers as they can get to try to make it through this. On the one hand they are relieved that Aiden is no longer suffering, but then of course they hate to let him go. It is just sooo sooooo sooooo sad.

I have been keeping up with him through the child care from the beginning. I am so so sorry to here this. I read her last post and cried. I just can't imgine what this family is going through. He was a fighter all the way to the end.

May God be with them and see them through this.

God has another angel, RIP Aiden you won't have to fight and suffer any more.

NO, no, no, no!!! I have been keeping up with this sweet baby since I found out about him on Pcom. I can't imagine losing a child and my heart is broken for this family. This is terrible.

Prayers sent to this family that they may find peace.

NO, no, no, no!!! I have been keeping up with this sweet baby since I found out about him on Pcom. I can't imagine losing a child and my heart is broken for this family. This is terrible.

Prayers sent to this family that they may find peace.

Thanks D - I swear I think I have cried til there are no more tears and then more tears come. The thing is, we all know about Aiden, but he is just one of many many precious babies that are battling this evil disease. It makes you wonder what society is exposing these babies to for this to be "running rampant" amongst our youth. There has to be some sort of common denominator. I just hate for anyone to have to suffer through this loss. I'm angry and sad and confused all at the same time.

I know Melanie & Jason pretty well and have tried to help out as they have gone through this ordeal. It just breaks my heart that any parent would have to go through what they have.

You will not find two stronger people anywhere!!!

Aiden was a fighter and I am sure he got that from his parents.

What I was wondering....

Is there anyway we could put something up on the community chest to help them out with their expenses?

I am not sure what needs to be done to make this happen, but they could use all the help they can get right now, Jason was laid off before Christmas so there is no income coming in for this family. I am willing to do whatever needs to be done to help them out.

Anyone that could help make this happen, I would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

I am so sorry to hear this. Her last update just broke my heart, and I don't even know them. When Aiden's mom spoke of courage and grace, I was thinking that lady sure has plenty of both. My prayers are with the family.

She sure does. They all do. I admire their strength.

Praying for this family! Heaven has gained a strong beautiful blue eyed angel!!! I have follow his story since I read the post about him on PCom... My heart is breaking for his mom and dad! Rest in peace little guy!

Oh No, I am so sorry to hear this. It just breaks my heart. I have been following his care pages also. I was so hoping he would pull thru this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I can NOT imagine losing a child. So sorry.......

I have been following his story on carepages also, what a fighter he has been, now his battle is over, praying for mom and dad

for strength during this difficult time. Everytime I would read a post I would cry for her I can't imagine what she has been through.

RIP Baby Aiden your suffering is over now. Dear God wrap your Loving arms around Mom and Dad and keep them close to you.

Dana Driver

Like many others I started following Aiden's carepage from a post made here. I have been so scared to open my email or log on here. I don't know his family but please know I have been praying for this sweet baby and his family. I will continue to pray for his parents now. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks D - I swear I think I have cried til there are no more tears and then more tears come. The thing is, we all know about Aiden, but he is just one of many many precious babies that are battling this evil disease. It makes you wonder what society is exposing these babies to for this to be "running rampant" amongst our youth. There has to be some sort of common denominator. I just hate for anyone to have to suffer through this loss. I'm angry and sad and confused all at the same time.

I am so sorry Call me if you need to talk. :wub:

Posted by Melanie on the carepage for Aiden...

We Have Lost Our Battle

Posted 9 hours ago

As some of you know my soldier lost his battle against AT/RT today 01.05.10 @ 1:25am. I have to say I have and will never meet a man with the strength this little man showed. We are crushed, our hearts ache and mommy is slowly crumbling into several tiny pieces inch by inch. Aiden, as always, fought this battle with strength, courage, and the utmost integrity. I am honored to have mothered such a brave little soldier that will always and forever remain my HERO. Before my little man left our sides I promised him that the pain was over and he was forever free. No more needles, doctors, chemo, and most of all no more pain. Anyone who knows Aiden deeply knows that he NEVER cried or complained and he handled his disease with so much grace. Mommy and daddy will miss you son and now I know for sure that, "Every little thing, gonna be alright"!

The services for our soldier will be held 01.09.10 @ Bellamy Funeral Home on 3551 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway(also known as Thornton Rd. or 278). There will be open visitation from 12pm-2pm and then the memorial service will be held at 2:00pm. After the service family and friend will gather and directions for this will be available at the Chapel.

Bellamy Funeral Home

3551 Jimmy Lee Smith Pkwy.

Hiram, GA 30141

770-943-8050

12pm-2pm visitation and 2pm-3pm memorial

You are welcome to send flowers, but we are asking that if you would really like to do something for the family our wishes are for you to make a donation to Scottish Rite in Aiden's name or you can deposit money into his Assistance Fund to help with costs.

I love you Woogie Bear mommy has you in her heart.

OK PCOM I need your help.

I have been asked to help put together some food and drink and a place to meet for the family and friends after the services.(4pm - til)

This Saturday 1-9-10.

I have checked the Hiram Community Ctr - BOOKED

White Oak park (enclosed) - BOOKED

Anyone have any suggestions? If you know anyone that goes to one of the churches near Bellemy Funeral home can you have them check for meeting space?

50 - 70 people, Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You,

Mike D

POPULAR SPRINGS CHURCH HAS A NEW VERY NICE HALL ..ON HWY 92....

THERE ARE SEVERAL CHURCHES NEAR THE FUNERAL HOME TOO

COMMUNITY TRUST BANK USE TO HAVE A ROOM ALSO ...SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER

THE PARK ON CARTERSVILLE HWY[PAULDING MEADOWS] HAS AN ENCLOSED AREA

MIGHT CALL THE OWNERS OF DOGWOODS IT CLOSED MIGHT RENT

THE AMBERLY SENIOR LIVING HAS A CLUB HOUSE THEY RENT IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE THERE[MACLAND]

I THINK THEY HAVE ONE AT THE ONE ON GREENFIELD ALSO

Memorial services for Aiden are going to begin this Saturday with an open visitation at 12:00 and the service starting at 2:00 at the Bellamy Funeral Home.

3551 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway (Hwy 278)

Hiram, GA 30141

Phone: 770--943-8050

Casual attire preferred.

Melanie and Jason have requested and that in lieu of flowers donations can be made directly to the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite. http://www.choa.org/ The hospital staff at Scottish Rite continually went above and beyond to help Aiden during his fight over the last 9 months.

The invitation for the memorial service is extended to anyone who wishes to come to show support to the Hughes Family.

More details to come

After the services, Melanie and Jason are having people gather at the Tabernacle Baptist Church in Hiram.

(this is the church right across the church from the funeral home)

Starting around 4pm the doors will open for all who would like to come by.

I know Melanie and Jason would appreciate any fellow PCOMMERS who would like to show up.

Hopefully I will see some of you guys there.

Later,

Mike D