Paulding.com

~ Rest In Peace Maw Maw~~

I can't begin to convey to each and every one of you what your thoughts and prayers have meant to us in the last couple of weeks. I send my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to each of you on behalf of myself and my family. My family and friends are always important to me and have been especially invaluable to me during this difficult time.

I think Lady Raider knows how much she means to my family - she has been a pillar of strength during this time. I truly believe God sends angels into your life during difficult times and I believe with all my heart that Lady Raider was our angel. From the first time my grandmother met her a few weeks ago she loved and trusted her. Lady Raider was with our family every step of the way and I will be forever grateful.

I will miss my grandmother terribly but she left me with so many valuable life lessons. She left this world with the grace and dignity that she always displayed throughout her life. She continued to find ways to be of comfort to us even during the last days of her life even while not being able to talk after her stroke last Wednesday - including pulling me to her to kiss me on the cheek, patting my shoulder in a reassuring manner, the smiles, the hand squeezes, etc.

I truly hope that we fulfilled my grandmother's wishes for the last days of her life. She did not want to pass away in a hospital, she wanted to be in a comfortable environment surrounded by family and friends and thankfully, we were able to provide that.

Thank you all again - your thoughts and prayers are so very much appreciated!