Paulding.com

2,334 Marijuana Plants Seized In Paulding, Haralson

I'm a bit confused, I haven't seen any gossip or rumor being discussed as far as this case goes. From what I've seen people were wondering the extent of the drug bust. I must say that I find the irony funny, people complaining about gossip yet they are the ones most guilty of doing it to others. Good job! :clapping:

I feel bad for the kids just as I would feel bad for the children of ANY person involved in drugs or other illegal activities. Kids should never have to suffer in life.

I'm a bit confused, I haven't seen any gossip or rumor being discussed as far as this case goes. From what I've seen people were wondering the extent of the drug bust. I must say that I find the irony funny, people complaining about gossip yet they are the ones most guilty of doing it to others. Good job! :clapping:

I feel bad for the kids just as I would feel bad for the children of ANY person involved in drugs or other illegal activities. Kids should never have to suffer in life.

And I find this ironic and hilarious coming from the Queen of gossip...:rofl:

And I find this ironic and hilarious coming from the Queen of gossip...:rofl:

says the one who sits safely behind a computer screen accusing me of things and gossiping about me to her group of old crows only to find out she wrongly believed some gossip she heard. nice!

Edited by Boss Hogg

I'm not sure. Maybe because it came from a major news source and had informatio about what all was found :unsure:

The topic is fine as long as it stays facts.

It's when the I heard starts, especially as it pertains to the children.

It is shocking to us all, some of us socialized and did business with these folks and they seemed nice enough.

I was not close to them but it is simply shocking to me to find out that I would even know somebody involved with something like this.

The topic is fine as long as it stays facts.

It's when the I heard starts, especially as it pertains to the children.

It is shocking to us all, some of us socialized and did business with these folks and they seemed nice enough.

I was not close to them but it is simply shocking to me to find out that I would even know somebody involved with something like this.

Hubby and I said the exact same thing last night! Blows my mind!

Pretty amazing when you think about all this family was involved in within the community. I know for a fact that Loreen and her daughter both donated items for a Cystic Fibrosis charity auction a few months ago. Not to lessen the severity of what they did wrong, but sometimes people should be reminded of the good as well. I'm not taking any sides, I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just saying that from what I know, this family isn't ALL bad.

I think the mods saw that I published information from the same release on the Pcom news.

I was actually surprised by the major market coverage. I know I had been asking for the release since shortly after the Oct. 14th arrests came out on the board. The DTF was still doing its investigation and the story that broke in Tallapoosa was neither confirmed or denied by the DTF. Since the Tallapoosa Police Chief is not considered a good source for happenings out side Tallapoosa ... I mean he is no authority about things happening in Paulding ... no one picked up the story other than those who linked to it from here.

I should say that I'm sure the mods have no issues with the posting of news. Where the issue arises is how the news is manipulated with both subtle and not so subtle comments designed to inflict the maximum harm on an individual.

In football, they call it piling on, in baseball, unsportsmanlike conduct and in war - an atrocity. It is simply the effort by some to do more than necessary.

For instance, most folks can read a list of charges, know that a person was arrested on an allegation and know, if they knew them personally, if the trouble was anticipated or the source of true disappointment.

In many cases, the best thing to do - the preferred thing - is to just state your disappointment or surprise and let it go at that.

pubby

Pretty amazing when you think about all this family was involved in within the community. I know for a fact that Loreen and her daughter both donated items for a Cystic Fibrosis charity auction a few months ago. Not to lessen the severity of what they did wrong, but sometimes people should be reminded of the good as well. I'm not taking any sides, I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just saying that from what I know, this family isn't ALL bad.

Maybe so, but life isn't about balancing good and bad. If you don't want all the "good" you do in life to be tarnished, then don't do the bad. It isn't that hard to figure out. I am of the frame of mind that doing good shouldn't be a choice. One should do that all the time. I look at this like I looked at Michael Vick's crime, it wasn't a one time thing, it was his lifestyle and not a mistake.

Maybe so, but life isn't about balancing good and bad. If you don't want all the "good" you do in life to be tarnished, then don't do the bad. It isn't that hard to figure out. I am of the frame of mind that doing good shouldn't be a choice. One should do that all the time. I look at this like I looked at Michael Vick's crime, it wasn't a one time thing, it was his lifestyle and not a mistake.

Nice post.

It's been posted over and over by some that take pleasure in "outing" some folks, kinda like a personal vendetta.

And it is old news.

Don't you know??? They need to save us all from the violent pot farmers!!!! :lol:

:rofl:

I can't believe they haven't made it legal and taxed the crap out of it yet. Our government could really use the money, ya know?? ;)

I agree with everything you said. I am shocked at the amount that was found. Amazing what goes on just under our noses on a daily basis.

When I worked at DFCS I would often make this statement. Because unless it is someone's birthday, a marriage or the birth of a baby, you don't find it in the "news" here in Paulding. The innocent bedroom community it is no more and unfortunately much of the crime and ugliness of the big city has reached west.

From what the daughter posted on FB, these children have returned to FL and are living with family.

I like the family. They are very nice people. I am just still in shock. Leave them alone.

I have met them before---yes, they were nice.

That has nothing to do with the fact that they are charged with some MAJOR FELONIES. Yes, innocent until proven guilty---but there seems to be a HUGE amount of evidence in this case. Speaking realistically from a legal aspect--they are pretty much screwed (especially the 2 guys). they might be able to make some kind of a deal and get just probation for her because of the child (or children) involved. They had there fun and probably made a huge amount of money for a while, but it was all illegal---what it all boils down too.

I like the family. They are very nice people. I am just still in shock. Leave them alone.

I understand your points about the family being nice and your feelings toward them too. But how can you expect people to leave this alone? Our community is slightly better now that this HUGE pot business this family was involved in is dissoloved. It is nothing personal toward these folks but "nice" isn't a defense toward drug traffiking.

For those that think marijuana is "harmless" . . .

My linkFrom the National Institute on Drug Abuse/url]

I don't care who was growing it, I'm glad it's gone. Our children are the largest consumers of marijuana, and it does have long terms effects.

Edited by Madea

For those that think marijuana is "harmless" . . .

My linkFrom the National Institute on Drug Abuse/url]

I don't care who was growing it, I'm glad it's gone. Our children are the largest consumers of marijuana, and it does have long terms effects.

It sure does. They all grow up and vote democrat. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I understand your points about the family being nice and your feelings toward them too. But how can you expect people to leave this alone? Our community is slightly better now that this HUGE pot business this family was involved in is dissoloved. It is nothing personal toward these folks but "nice" isn't a defense toward drug traffiking.

You know, Ted Bundy was said to be a nice guy too!

I know this family too. My daughter played softball with their daughter. Judd had wanted to start his own softball team at one time that my daughter had tried out for. I feel just so sad about all of this. Especially for the children. I will be praying for this family.

Edited by Kas

Yeah, you often hear people say that even if drug users/dealers aren't committing other crimes against people like assault, murder, theft, etc, their involvement with drugs prevents them from being productive, involved members of the community and is therefore a problem...then if it turns out they were actually working/volunteering or otherwise involved in some worthwhile cause or activity, those same people are outraged that they dared interact with other people - ever -especially children (!)

Marijuana is no more addictive or harmful and has no more or worse long term harmful effects than alcohol, nor does it cause the same degree or duration of impairment if consumed in comparable amounts.

Granted, these are serious charges and not simply a case of possession for personal use, but the demonization of pot is mostly propaganda put out there by people who have never tried it and only know what they've been told by other people (the government) who have no more first-hand knowledge of the substance than they themselves do.

but "nice" isn't a defense toward drug traffiking.

and this isn't court and they're not on trial here.

If the good in a person doesn't count once they've done something that's not so good, there goes the neighborhood...every last one of us.

Our children are the largest consumers of marijuana, and it does have long terms effects.

Marijuana isn't cheap. Hell, candy bars aren't cheap.

If your kid can afford to support such a habit, you might consider a less generous allowance.