Paulding.com

2,334 Marijuana Plants Seized In Paulding, Haralson

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/21607252/detail.html

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- Officials with the Tallapoosa Police Department, the Drug Enforcement Administration, Paulding County Sheriff’s Office and the Haralson-Paulding Drug Task Force said Friday that they discovered a major indoor marijuana grow operation that resulted in the arrests of three people.

Over 2,000 marijuana plants were seized in the bust at four locations in Haralson and Paulding counties.

Officials said they executed a search warrant at a commercial building on Golf Course Road in Haralson County. Once inside the warehouse, officers and agents discovered the remains of a major indoor grow operation, police said. Agents seized several ounces of marijuana, along with other items used in the production of hydroponic marijuana.

SLIDESHOW: Marijuana Plants Seized

Police said the indoor grow operation utilized eight 500-gallon water containers, which cycled water to various rooms where marijuana was being grown. The entire operation was done hydroponically with no soil being involved, agents said.

During the execution of the search warrant on Golf Course Road, officials also conducted surveillance on a home on Lake Tanisha Drive in Dallas, Ga. Police arrested Loreen Marie Hobdy, 37, as she left the home. Agents also arrested Judd Alexander Hobdy, 34, and Richard Carl Fata, 41, when they left the house.

Officials said they found 10 pounds of hydroponic marijuana in the suspects’ truck.

A search warrant was executed on the home on Lake Tanisha Drive and 10 pounds of marijuana and nine plants were seized, police said.

Information found at the Lake Tanisha Drive house led officials to execute a search warrant at a home on Maggie’s Point in Dallas, Ga. Police said the home was also equipped as a hydroponic grow operation.

At the home on Maggie’s Point, which was located in a subdivision but had no furniture, officers seized 20 pounds of marijuana and 385 marijuana plants.

Agents then executed another search warrant at a home in Temple and seized another 1,940 marijuana plants.

Judd Hobdy, Loreen Hobdy and Richard Fata were all charged with trafficking marijuana and other drug charges.

A warrant was issued for Jason Henry Pimentel, 31, who agents believe fled to Florida.

Law enforcement believes that the marijuana produced in the operation was being shipped to south Florida for resale.

If anyone has additional information concerning the activities of the Hobdys, Fata and Pimentel, or if anyone has other additional drug information, they are encouraged to call the Haralson-Paulding Drug Task Force at 770-646-9175

Gotcha!! I didn't see the others. :pardon:

Why would the others go poof if it was a news story today? Odd.

It's been posted over and over by some that take pleasure in "outing" some folks, kinda like a personal vendetta.

And it is old news.

I don't know either ... other than folks probably got snarky.

I personally was doing the news which included the official report from the Paulding-Haralson Drug Task Force including photos of the operation.

I think one of the purposes in making the release was because the earlier story that ran in Talapoosa's newspaper and came from the Tallapoosa City chief contained inaccuracies that the DTF wanted to correct. For instance, I saw it referenced that there was little or no dope found in the raids where as the report released today referenced over 2300 growing plants and over 40 pounds of dope grown and cured in the facilities.

The DTF is also asking for information regarding a suspect called Pimentel who has absconded.

pubby

I know that there were many details left out of the first story that was linked on the site.

Many wondered how people could be arrested with no actual drugs found according to that story.

This link is legitimate with more details.

We know that well known members of our community have been arrested and the authorities are taking action.

If they are found guilty they will be punished.

Our judicial system says innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, we all need to remember that.

A message board can provide the opportunity for public persecution if it chooses to play that role in the community.

I would hope that our community does not choose to play judge, jury and persecutor based on news stories and personal bias.

It says so much about us when we do.

Let him with out sin cast the first stone.

• Like 2

The story from the Tallapoosa-journal.com page dated Oct 14, 09 showed a picture of an elaborate growing system. Not sure where/why you all thought there was nothing found at that location. see this article ...........

Police bust large pot growing operation

Tallapoosa Police spearheaded a major investigation Wednesday, Oct. 14, that led to the discovery of a “very sophisticated” marijuana-growing operation concealed in a building on 330 Golf Course Road in Tallapoosa.

But, like everyone has said it's OLD NEWS!!!!

This isn't "old" news. It's relevant and it's current and more up to date info. It's also VERY relevant to this community in general! <_< Adults have EVERY right to discuss matters that could potentially effect their children.

• Like 1

This is still an on going thing , old or new. I am sitting here with the news on and they just told of this and showed their pictures . It's 7:40 am , Sat. morning.

I think it should be talked about ,because you never know who is doing this type of thing and maybe we can keep it away from our kids and family. jmo

This isn't "old" news. It's relevant and it's current and more up to date info. It's also VERY relevant to this community in general! <_< Adults have EVERY right to discuss matters that could potentially effect their children.

This is still an on going thing , old or new. I am sitting here with the news on and they just told of this and showed their pictures . It's 7:40 am , Sat. morning.

I think it should be talked about ,because you never know who is doing this type of thing and maybe we can keep it away from our kids and family. jmo

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know that this has been discussed over and over again---but not at this level.

This news story is so much more than what was ever discussed on here. This was a MAJOR drug operation and the fact that it was stopped should certainly be discussed. We are talking 20 pounds of pot folks---are you not interested in the fact that it was taken off the streets??? I sure am. Don't care who it was that was busted---they knew what they were doing was illegal and now they have to pay the price. This was not someone that was growing a few plants for their own enjoyment---this was a production line.

And the fact that our officers in Paulding/Haralson found it makes it even better.

Edited by tbird

You are absolutely right Tona, I am glad they were caught.

We have had 2 meth labs busted in our subdivision.

I don't feel sorry for anyone that gets busted for drugs.

Drugs are destroying families in our county at an alarming rate.

It effects all of us, people are stealing and robbing to feed their habits, just read the incidents reports that Pubby publishes.

I know many are soft on the Marijuana issue, personally I am not.

I did find it interesting that they were shipping it to Florida.

Must not be much of a market for it here.

From what I hear Paulding residents prefer meth.

You are absolutely right Tona, I am glad they were caught.

We have had 2 meth labs busted in our subdivision.

I don't feel sorry for anyone that gets busted for drugs.

Drugs are destroying families in our county at an alarming rate.

It effects all of us, people are stealing and robbing to feed their habits, just read the incidents reports that Pubby publishes.

I know many are soft on the Marijuana issue, personally I am not.

I did find it interesting that they were shipping it to Florida.

Must not be much of a market for it here.

From what I hear Paulding residents prefer meth.

clapping.gif

I am always happy to hear when drugs have been taken off the streets. I feel bad for the children involved.

I don't know either ... other than folks probably got snarky.

I personally was doing the news which included the official report from the Paulding-Haralson Drug Task Force including photos of the operation.

I think one of the purposes in making the release was because the earlier story that ran in Talapoosa's newspaper and came from the Tallapoosa City chief contained inaccuracies that the DTF wanted to correct. For instance, I saw it referenced that there was little or no dope found in the raids where as the report released today referenced over 2300 growing plants and over 40 pounds of dope grown and cured in the facilities.

The DTF is also asking for information regarding a suspect called Pimentel who has absconded.

pubby

Pubby just said 'dope'.

~chuckles~

I think the story itself is relevant, now that the actual story is out. I think all of the hearsay, people bashing and gossip was the part that was not needed.

I think the story itself is relevant, now that the actual story is out. I think all of the hearsay, people bashing and gossip was the part that was not needed.

I agree with this 1000% percent!

The way I see it -- if the people arrested are found guilty by a jury of peers, then they should serve time. With that said, I also understand there are children involved. That is incredibly sad. However, it is because of the children, not only the children of the people arrested, but for the children of Paulding county, that I am very glad that our law enforcement has removed illegal drugs off our streets.

I believe that the gossip does hurt -- especially since the child is a member of this board.

I agree, but I would hope her appointed guardians would not allow her access to this site.

If only they could tackle the METH problem, sigh. And for the record I don't smoke pot...

Prayers for the kids.

No kidding MWE.

I know that this has been discussed over and over again---but not at this level.

This news story is so much more than what was ever discussed on here. This was a MAJOR drug operation and the fact that it was stopped should certainly be discussed. We are talking 20 ponds of pot folks---are you not interested in the fact that it was taken off the streets??? I sure am. Don't care who it was that was busted---they knew what they were doing was illegal and now they have to pay the price. This was not someone that was growing a few plants for their own enjoyment---this was a production line.

And the fact that our officers in Paulding/Haralson found it makes it even better.

Good post tbird, right on the point!

This was a MAJOR operation that didn't just start last month. To get to this level of production it had to be going on for years. People start off small and build up to this level over a fairly long period of time. For how long, only those involved know! This is a multi-MILLION dollar operation can only been matched by drug gangs and organized crime.

What amazes me is that people here are not upset that these already convicted criminals had access to the children in this community? Why is no one upset about this? I don't understand. All most people want to do is take up for him. Geesh!

Pubby just said 'dope'.

~chuckles~

Thank you. You said it better than I could.

Of course the story is revlevant to our community, just not the never ending gossip and what seems to be the sheer pleasure of just "outing" someone.

Good post tbird, right on the point!

This was a MAJOR operation that didn't just start last month. To get to this level of production it had to be going on for years. People start off small and build up to this level over a fairly long period of time. For how long, only those involved know! This is a multi-MILLION dollar operation can only been matched by drug gangs and organized crime.

What amazes me is that people here are not upset that these already convicted criminals had access to the children in this community? Why is no one upset about this? I don't understand. All most people want to do is take up for him. Geesh!

They want to take up for them because she was one of them. Yep. I said it.

I believe that the gossip does hurt -- especially since the child is a member of this board.

I don't post much but I do have to say this ... I think the parents of these children are the ones that have really hurt their children. No matter what these kids hear or read, their parents are the ones who have put these children in this situation. I pray for these kids every day! It just breaks my heart for them.

I don't post much but I do have to say this ... I think the parents of these children are the ones that have really hurt their children. No matter what these kids hear or read, their parents are the ones who have put these children in this situation. I pray for these kids every day! It just breaks my heart for them.

I agree with everything you said. I am shocked at the amount that was found. Amazing what goes on just under our noses on a daily basis.