3 replies to this topic

#1 Construction Teacher

Construction Teacher

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

My hat is off to jdabbs65 for the coordination of last nights meeting at the Dallas Theater. Great job!
Thank you for a job well done to the Boy Scout Troop 2009 for the presentation of the colors.
Thank you to all the panel members who gave of their time to answer our questions and provide additional information.
I hope I didn't step on too many toes last night and hope that everyone will get the word out so that we can get the louder voice for our family members. Everyone needs to bring at least one more new person to the next meeting.
Ms. Dabbs and Ms. Cindy with Taylor's P.A.L.S. have become tremendous advocates for all with special needs and we need to use the resources they have made available to us.
In doing this we also need to come together as a group because we will have a greater, more powerful voice together than we can ever hope to have individually.
To those of you reading this who have not been affected by someone with special needs...you may very well be missing out.
Most of us are not too sensitive when asked, to tell you a bit about our child's unique ability. On the contrary I would rather have you ask me than to give us that odd sideways glance from 2 registers away at the grocery store.
As some are quickly finding out, especially after last night, I don't mind speaking up for what I believe in.
If you have any questions, comments or even criticisms and don't want to air it out then please PM me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. :D
Once again thank you to jdabbs and Taylors P.A.L.S. for all you are doing for us.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.
Thomas Paine

#2 Reubens

Reubens

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

It was a very good meeting. Thank you to everyone who put it all together. All the questions were good ones and the answers were very informative. You did fine with your comments. We do need to have some kind of social group for these people so they can get together with their friends.

#3 lumak

lumak

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

I found it very informative. Kudos to all who worked so hard to put this together.

#4 Taylor's P.A.L.S.

Taylor's P.A.L.S.

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

My hat is off to jdabbs65 for the coordination of last nights meeting at the Dallas Theater. Great job!
Thank you for a job well done to the Boy Scout Troop 2009 for the presentation of the colors.
Thank you to all the panel members who gave of their time to answer our questions and provide additional information.
I hope I didn't step on too many toes last night and hope that everyone will get the word out so that we can get the louder voice for our family members. Everyone needs to bring at least one more new person to the next meeting.
Ms. Dabbs and Ms. Cindy with Taylor's P.A.L.S. have become tremendous advocates for all with special needs and we need to use the resources they have made available to us.
In doing this we also need to come together as a group because we will have a greater, more powerful voice together than we can ever hope to have individually.
To those of you reading this who have not been affected by someone with special needs...you may very well be missing out.
Most of us are not too sensitive when asked, to tell you a bit about our child's unique ability. On the contrary I would rather have you ask me than to give us that odd sideways glance from 2 registers away at the grocery store.
As some are quickly finding out, especially after last night, I don't mind speaking up for what I believe in.
If you have any questions, comments or even criticisms and don't want to air it out then please PM me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. :D
Once again thank you to jdabbs and Taylors P.A.L.S. for all you are doing for us.

THANK YOU for understanding why we're here and what we're attempting to do... it's all about children and their families, as well as, adults with special needs. I appreciate the time you've taken to become involved and know what's going on!!! :)
Taylor's P.A.L.S., Inc.
770-861-5704

Promoting Acceptance, Lending Support for Special Needs Children

For more information check out our website at www.taylorspals.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics