31 replies to this topic

#1 Callisto

Callisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

I'm looking for a pediatrician who is willing to follow an alternative vaccination schedule. The ones that have been recommended by friends all say that they REQUIRE their patients to follow the full course of vaccinations recommended. I believe in vaccinations and fully intend to have many of them, but not all and not all at once. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 S~M

S~M

The Nikon Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Dr Edward Spilker, located behind the Dairy Queen across from The Avenue.

He's a family practice doc., not a ped. doc., but he sees all ages. He has never once pushed me to vaccinate 'on time' or at all for that matter. smile.gif

#3 katt_138

katt_138

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

Dr. young.. hes with west atlanta ped. he is the only Dr. i will take my kids to...he is the only Dr i know that will listen to every thing you have to say and he truly cares about the kids.
hes located @ 92 & 120 across from stars and strikes

#4 Callisto

Callisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (katt_138 @ Oct 26 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr. young.. hes with west atlanta ped. he is the only Dr. i will take my kids to...he is the only Dr i know that will listen to every thing you have to say and he truly cares about the kids.
hes located @ 92 & 120 across from stars and strikes

And he doesn't enforce the vaccination schedule recommended by the APA? West Atlanta Ped. was one of the practices whose website says they require all patients to follow the schedule.

#5 Harlee71

Harlee71

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

We go to east cobb peds on giles and baker rd. They are good about listening to our concerns. Our kids get staggered vacs.

#6 Callisto

Callisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Harlee71 @ Oct 26 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We go to east cobb peds on giles and baker rd. They are good about listening to our concerns. Our kids get staggered vacs.

Is that the Marietta or the Kennesaw location?

#7 Greene Hornet

Greene Hornet

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (smoochiemom @ Oct 26 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr Edward Spilker, located behind the Dairy Queen across from The Avenue.

He's a family practice doc., not a ped. doc., but he sees all ages. He has never once pushed me to vaccinate 'on time' or at all for that matter. smile.gif

I'm not sure if this is the same practice, but Lori Corley in the same location is great. She pretty much tells us what shots are out there and lets us manage which one our child gets and when he gets them. She has never pushed us. There were a few shots that we didn't want him to get them because of our schedule to be sure we would be home due to possible side effects, etc and she was just like "Okay, just let us know." We have done that quite often actually without any big deal from her or the office.
My Brethern, count it all joy when you face various trials, for the testing of your faith produces patience... James 1:2-3

"It's not the will to win that matters -- everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
If you believe in yourself and have pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."-Bear Bryant

1995 Atlanta Braves... World Champions

Humbly yours...

#8 SoapMom

SoapMom

Changing the world, one soap bar at a time!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

What a great topic!! Sounds like there are more open minded docs around than there was in that area 13 years ago when my son was born.

I wish you much success in finding the right / new doctor for your children!
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#9 katt_138

katt_138

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Callisto @ Oct 26 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And he doesn't enforce the vaccination schedule recommended by the APA? West Atlanta Ped. was one of the practices whose website says they require all patients to follow the schedule.

as far as i know they do all vaccs. my kids are all UTD with theirs. only vacc. i wont do is the H1N1 and tht one is not a "must have"
forgot to add
i dont know if they make you get them in any order. you can always call them

#10 Gee~Tee

Gee~Tee

I'm not perfect, but parts of me are pretty AWESOME!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Callisto @ Oct 26 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes he does, we go there and I am also a vax mom, but not all at one time, and they require you to vax on their schedule. I rec. smoochiemoms DR.

#11 katt_138

katt_138

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Gee~Tee @ Oct 26 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes he does, we go there and I am also a vax mom, but not all at one time, and they require you to vax on their schedule. I rec. smoochiemoms DR.

i dont recall having to go by a schedule... i could be wrong but i dont think they do.

#12 Gee~Tee

Gee~Tee

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (katt_138 @ Oct 26 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont recall having to go by a schedule... i could be wrong but i dont think they do.

A schedule is basically when you go for well check appts, and they say "time for shots, you get this, this & this today" and your kid gets the shots, they do not "give" you a schedule persay, but you are required to follow their schedule and not delay any on your own call, or they will not treat your child. They will argue with you and tell you to go elsewhere if you choose to delay or omit shots.

#13 katt_138

katt_138

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Gee~Tee @ Oct 26 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A schedule is basically when you go for well check appts, and they say "time for shots, you get this, this & this today" and your kid gets the shots, they do not "give" you a schedule persay, but you are required to follow their schedule and not delay any on your own call, or they will not treat your child. They will argue with you and tell you to go elsewhere if you choose to delay or omit shots.

i have never had that happen to me there..

#14 Gee~Tee

Gee~Tee

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (katt_138 @ Oct 26 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have never had that happen to me there..

Have you ver delayed any shots, or told them that you refuse to give a certian shot? Just curious?

#15 katt_138

katt_138

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Gee~Tee @ Oct 26 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ver delayed any shots, or told them that you refuse to give a certian shot? Just curious?

yeah i have... i have delayed them. dont remember which ones it was tho

#16 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

I do selective vaccination and none of the peds at East Paulding Pediatrics have ever MADE me do any of the vaccinations,or even made me feel bad for NOT doing the vacs

Posted Image

#17 S~M

S~M

The Nikon Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

My doctor is in a practice by himself, West Cobb Family Practice I think its called. Just had middle-bits 6 yr check up and they asked me if I wanted her to have the varricella (chick pox) since that is one she is missing...I told them no, and they said ok smile.gif He never pushed for the guardasill for my oldest either...not once...and now its banned I think?

I delayed all vacs with my kids. I wouldn't let them touch Moo until she was several months old since she had such a rough birth. I am not even sure if she is UTD on her shots now or not, it doesn't matter.

Also, doc told me if he had kids that were my kids ages, there is NO WAY he would give them the live H1N1 MIST. He didn't even recommend the injection for my kiddos. I love Dr Spilker, our whole family has been with him for over 10years now.

People who go to the doctor with their kids and have them injected with 4 vacs at once...that just scares me. I did it in the beginning with my oldest since we were military, I was young, and I didn't think I had a choice. I know better now.

#18 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

So glad you posted this! I'm having problems with our current ped to the point that I have to make an appt just to cancel it and space the shots like I want. East Cobb is right down the road, I may have to switch. I love our peds but hate they won't listen to me about what I want for the vax.

#19 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:33 PM

My daughter uses Kennesaw Pediatrics (website is the name) for our 10 month old granddaughter and that was the reason she chose this practice. She's been very satisfied.
Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

#20 Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (smoochiemom @ Oct 26 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My doctor is in a practice by himself, West Cobb Family Practice I think its called. Just had middle-bits 6 yr check up and they asked me if I wanted her to have the varricella (chick pox) since that is one she is missing...I told them no, and they said ok smile.gif He never pushed for the guardasill for my oldest either...not once...and now its banned I think?

I delayed all vacs with my kids. I wouldn't let them touch Moo until she was several months old since she had such a rough birth. I am not even sure if she is UTD on her shots now or not, it doesn't matter.

Also, doc told me if he had kids that were my kids ages, there is NO WAY he would give them the live H1N1 MIST. He didn't even recommend the injection for my kiddos. I love Dr Spilker, our whole family has been with him for over 10years now.

People who go to the doctor with their kids and have them injected with 4 vacs at once...that just scares me. I did it in the beginning with my oldest since we were military, I was young, and I didn't think I had a choice. I know better now.

Where is the location? I have been wanting to change for a while now. This sounds awesome to me! Thank you for sharing. Thank you

#21 Harlee71

Harlee71

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Callisto @ Oct 26 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the Marietta or the Kennesaw location?

Kennesaw

#22 Gee~Tee

Gee~Tee

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,812 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Connor's Mom @ Oct 26 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is the location? I have been wanting to change for a while now. This sounds awesome to me! Thank you for sharing. Thank you

behind the dairy queen at the avenue at west cobb.

#23 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (MrsApple @ Oct 26 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do selective vaccination and none of the peds at East Paulding Pediatrics have ever MADE me do any of the vaccinations,or even made me feel bad for NOT doing the vacs

Amen to that. Regardless of the doctor that we've seen, they've always told us what the "recommended" vaccinations were for the princess and asked if I wanted her to have them. And, they've always been very good about explaining the purpose of the vaccination and the good/bad effects of it.
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#24 jess575

jess575

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (MrsApple @ Oct 26 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just do NOT see the new doc there. She is the first doc in that practice that has ever given me a hard time about any vaccinations.
Posted Image

#25 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (jess575 @ Oct 27 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just do NOT see the new doc there. She is the first doc in that practice that has ever given me a hard time about any vaccinations.

We've seen both Dr. Davillier and Dr. Murray in the past few months and haven't had an issue with either of them. Have they added someone else to the practice?

#26 jess575

jess575

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (LisaC @ Oct 27 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've seen both Dr. Davillier and Dr. Murray in the past few months and haven't had an issue with either of them. Have they added someone else to the practice?

Dr. Brown
Posted Image

#27 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (jess575 @ Oct 27 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr. Brown

Haven't heard of her, but I guess she and I will meet at some point.... I hope she's ready. biggrin.gif

#28 jess575

jess575

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (LisaC @ Oct 27 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't heard of her, but I guess she and I will meet at some point.... I hope she's ready. biggrin.gif

My son went home and told my hubby "mom just kept saying that it was not up for debate". lol
Posted Image

#29 ZManders

ZManders

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

I second East Paulding Pediatrics, when we are behind THEY are always the ones to caution too many vacs in one appointment. They are great.

#30 HiramGirl

HiramGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

I have used West Atlanta Pediatrics since they were just in Lithia Springs. My kids see Dr. Young and he has never, ever given me a hard time about delaying vaccinations. Just because there is a schedule does not mean you have to follow it.

#31 littlefriend

littlefriend

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

kennesawpediatrics.com
This place is AWESOME. Check out the website - they have seperate well and sick waiting rooms, they use different hallways for the sick and well kids, a lactation consultant and Dr. Long was just quoted in the AJC today.
PM me if you want more info.

#32 Dr Nicole

Dr Nicole

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Dr. Terry Langford on Lake Rd in Hiram. We do not vaccinate, and he respects our decision.

Dr. Nicole Benge
678-744-4619

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics