78 replies to this topic

#1 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

Does anybody know the history on this house?
I showed the house yesterday to some buyers and they were wondering about the architectural style and
if somebody had actually lived there.
It would be a great place for weddings or formal parties!
Very neat house!

#2 *Georgiagirl*

*Georgiagirl*

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

Do you have any photos? My kids have always wanted to see it.

#3 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (*Georgiagirl* @ Oct 25 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will post some, it might take a few minutes because I'm not good at this!

#4 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

There have been plenty of posts about it. It has probably been two years or so since it was mentioned. Are they really going to have an auction? I can never see a date on the sign. I thought they did try it as an event location last year unsure.gif

http://www.movoto.co...421_2686973.htm

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom, 25 October 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#5 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Happy Wife And Mom @ Oct 25 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There have been plenty of posts about it. It has probably been two years or so since it was mentioned. Are they really going to have an auction? I can never see a date on the sign. I thought they did try it as an event location last year unsure.gif

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I also heard someone say it would be a great fraternity house, especially since a lot of the colleges are having classes in the old court house now.

My husband thought it kind of looked like what a playboy mansion would look like!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I also heard someone say it would be a great fraternity house, especially since a lot of the colleges are having classes in the old court house now.

My husband thought it kind of looked like what a playboy mansion would look like!

#6 *Georgiagirl*

*Georgiagirl*

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (*Georgiagirl* @ Oct 25 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found some photos and showed the kids. My 3 year ols said oh mama, mama, I want to go there. wub.gif

All I found on the history was this....It was built in 1900 by the owner of the property Hans von Treskov.

#7 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (*Georgiagirl* @ Oct 25 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found some photos and showed the kids. My 3 year ols said oh mama, mama, I want to go there. wub.gif

All I found on the history was this....It was built in 1900 by the owner of the property Hans von Treskov.

I don't know if that is the right info. My info shows it was built in 1988. Where did you find your info?

#8 *Georgiagirl*

*Georgiagirl*

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Nevermind....

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Oct 25 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if that is the right info. My info shows it was built in 1988. Where did you find your info?

Yes, mine in incorrect. Just figured that out. Sorry about that!

Edited by *Georgiagirl*, 25 October 2009 - 11:38 AM.

#9 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (*Georgiagirl* @ Oct 25 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nevermind....

Yes, the one I showed yesterday is the one near Crossroads on Dallas Acworth Highway.
I know the one you are talking about.
I think it was for sale not too long ago.
I'll see if I can find that listing and try to get pictures.

#10 Winchester

Winchester

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

There's lot of history about this house. From one professional to another..... RUN!

There has been a lot of un-permitted work done on this property and may not be up to code. Not to mention it all started as an add-on to a moble home!
2 + 2 = 4

#11 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Winchester @ Oct 25 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's lot of history about this house. From one professional to another..... RUN!

There has been a lot of un-permitted work done on this property and may not be up to code. Not to mention it all started as an add-on to a moble home!

That may be true, but if it were brought up to code I think it would make a great wedding venue or party place.
It doesn't have to be lived in if it could be zoned for commercial or business use.

#12 Winchester

Winchester

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Oct 25 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That may be true, but if it were brought up to code I think it would make a great wedding venue or party place.
It doesn't have to be lived in if it could be zoned for commercial or business use.

He tried that but was denied by the County. All the neighbors behind him came out in numbers, I was at the P&Z meeting when this happened. The County even issued a stop work order as he had already started the work without any permits. You will need to do extensive Due diligence before closing. Not going to be easy.

There are reasons why this property has not sold during the 4 years it's been on the market, many reasons!

Edited by Winchester, 25 October 2009 - 11:55 AM.

2 + 2 = 4

#13 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Winchester @ Oct 25 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He tried that but was denied by the County. All the neighbors behind him came out in numbers, I was at the P&Z meeting when this happened. The County even issued a stop work order as he had already started the work without any permits. You will need to do extensive Due diligence before closing. Not going to be easy.

There are reasons why this property has not sold during the 4 years it's been on the market, many reasons!

Can you expand on the history of the house? I was there one time for an estate sale, it has a weird vibe.

Edited by TNlamb, 25 October 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#14 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

that's an amazing price for that house. does kinda make you wonder what's wrong.
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#15 TheLeCroyGang

TheLeCroyGang

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

The only history that has been repeated to me about this house:

The man who built it, did so for his wife. She was coming home one night and got hit and killed by an 18 wheeler as she was pulling in the driveway. He sold it after that.

ETA: WE have known of it as White Stone Estates for several years now. That's what the last resident called it.

Edited by TheLeCroyGang, 25 October 2009 - 01:56 PM.

Don't tell God about your storms, Tell the storms about Your God!

#16 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,217 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

This is Beachbums daughter. I have heard that when the house was first built the woman who lived there got hit pulling out of the driveway and died. That was in the 80's I think. Everytime I look at that place I get a creepy feeling. It just has a weird vibe.

#17 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,442 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Am I the only one who noticed the discrepancies in the listing?

At the top, it says 3 bed/3 bath and at the bottom 2 bed/3 bath.
Again, top says 1 story and the bottom 2 story.

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#18 WTA

WTA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

I've shown that house. It is really, really weird. I haven't lived in Paulding County long enough to know the history of the house. All I do know for certain is that it really only has one bedroom. And the code violations are numerous. The best use for that property, in my opinion, would be to level the house and make use of the land it sits on.

The times that it has gone up for auction, no one has bid on it. I had a client who went to the last auction.

~BOOMER SOONER~

Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead

The artist formerly known as ~Shawna~

#19 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

I've always thought it was neat looking, my husband insists that if I had seen it back before they made it look the way it does now, that I'd be shocked and no longer interested. He swears it was just this rickety old thing.

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#20 WTA

WTA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Oh No Its Me @ Oct 25 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always thought it was neat looking, my husband insists that if I had seen it back before they made it look the way it does now, that I'd be shocked and no longer interested. He swears it was just this rickety old thing.

He would be right! I showed the house after a big rain. We had to literally wade through the water in the "living area". The bar is wrapped with 'linoleum'. The sky lights are just regular windows that someone thought would look neat on the ceiling. The bathroom has a drop ceiling. Just to name of few of the really weird things about the house.

I just looked at the tax records, JP Morgan loaned $600k + on that house. They now own it. Maybe they can have their CEO live there! LOL

~BOOMER SOONER~

#21 Mrs. Jack Russell

Mrs. Jack Russell

BUE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

I visited there once during a yard sale. All I can say is it was nasty inside.
I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there.

Rev. Billy Graham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (WordsThatApply @ Oct 25 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He would be right! I showed the house after a big rain. We had to literally wade through the water in the "living area". The bar is wrapped with 'linoleum'. The sky lights are just regular windows that someone thought would look neat on the ceiling. The bathroom has a drop ceiling. Just to name of few of the really weird things about the house.

I just looked at the tax records, JP Morgan loaned $600k + on that house. They now own it. Maybe they can have their CEO live there! LOL

I couldn't get it to come up on the tax web site. It shows.....no results found. I tried acworth dallas hwy, 8122 acworth dallas hwy and still nothing.
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#23 WTA

WTA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Mrs G @ Oct 25 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't get it to come up on the tax web site. It shows.....no results found. I tried acworth dallas hwy, 8122 acworth dallas hwy and still nothing.

http://realist2.firs...pertydetail.jsp

Let's see if this link to the tax record works.

~BOOMER SOONER~

#24 Guest_Oscar_*

Guest_Oscar_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

I do remember there are some old threads on pcom about this house. I remember reading that there was a member of a rock band that lived there. Who knows. Could be rumor for all I know. pardon.gif

#25 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (WordsThatApply @ Oct 25 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl.gif

The husband said it was an old brown barn looking thing back when he was in highschool....he graduated in 91 or 92.....

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#26 PsychoMom

PsychoMom

La La La . . . I can't hear you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,903 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Yeah. That is what I remember. They built the brown cedar thing. Then it morphed into this.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing."
(George Bernard Shaw)

#27 aw2008

aw2008

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Mrs. Jack Russell @ Oct 25 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I visited there once during a yard sale. All I can say is it was nasty inside.

I went to one there too... probably 3 or 4 years ago. It was the creepiest yardsale I have ever been to. The second I walked in I got a horrible unsettled feeling. It looked as if the family had just got up left and everything they owned (There was even food still in the cabinets, muddy kids shoes by the back door...) Something just seemed "not right" about the situation.

Nothing was priced, everything was make an offer. There was one guy (with a northern accent) there by himself selling off everything. Normally when there is an "estate sale" of this size there will be multiple people helping sell items... not at this sale.

I would love to hear more about this property... there has to be a reason it has been for sale for the last 4+ years without a buyer...

#28 aw2008

aw2008

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Here are a few more threads on the house, but non of them have any "real" info:

http://www.paulding....howtopic=128001

http://www.paulding....h...c=95443&hl=

http://www.paulding....h...c=30943&hl=

#29 HiPlainsDrifter

HiPlainsDrifter

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (aw2008 @ Oct 25 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to one there too... probably 3 or 4 years ago. It was the creepiest yardsale I have ever been to. The second I walked in I got a horrible unsettled feeling. It looked as if the family had just got up left and everything they owned (There was even food still in the cabinets, muddy kids shoes by the back door...) Something just seemed "not right" about the situation.

Nothing was priced, everything was make an offer. There was one guy (with a northern accent) there by himself selling off everything. Normally when there is an "estate sale" of this size there will be multiple people helping sell items... not at this sale.

I would love to hear more about this property... there has to be a reason it has been for sale for the last 4+ years without a buyer...

I would venture to guess it's the design and strangeness. Looks like it has a Clockwork Orange meets the Shining design.

#30 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

I still think it is really cool!I would love to see it rented out as some type of venue!

The things that are wrong with it can be fixed.

#31 aw2008

aw2008

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Oct 25 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think it is really cool!I would love to see it rented out as some type of venue!

The things that are wrong with it can be fixed.

It really would make an awesome wedding venue with a little fresh paint and some nice landscaping. I can't picture it being a cozy home to live in, but definitely a wedding venue!

#32 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (aw2008 @ Oct 25 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really would make an awesome wedding venue with a little fresh paint and some nice landscaping. I can't picture it being a cozy home to live in, but definitely a wedding venue!

My thoughts exactly!
In fact, the upstairs would make a great room to spend the night in after the wedding, before a real honeymoon!

#33 cat3

cat3

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Oct 25 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anybody know the history on this house?
I showed the house yesterday to some buyers and they were wondering about the architectural style and
if somebody had actually lived there.
It would be a great place for weddings or formal parties!
Very neat house!

If I remember correctly, this was an older cedar home that originally looked like something built in the 1970's. Then it just grew! Someone kept adding on to it and it just kept getting bigger and bigger. We used to ask ourselves what was going on and why someone would keep pumping so much money into that property. We assumed it was just someone taking on a project and never really finishing it or didn't know what they were doing just like the other house on up from that property, on Dallas Acworth Hwy., that has also never been completed - the cathedral looking one with the lake.

#34 TheLeCroyGang

TheLeCroyGang

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (aw2008 @ Oct 25 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was how he made his money. He bought out storage units and that what was being sold. They actually lived there, that's why the upstairs was usually blocked off.
Don't tell God about your storms, Tell the storms about Your God!

#35 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:14 AM

Interesting information. I had pulled it up in FMLS for an interested party, BEFORE I saw this thread. LOL. Still the land alone is worth the current list price of $204,500. I have never been inside the house so I can't speak to the condition or possible building code violations but Tuscany is correct. Things can be repaired/corrected. But again, I have never been in to see how extensive the problems might be.

QUOTE (C. Mark Willix @ Oct 26 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting information. I had pulled it up in FMLS for an interested party, BEFORE I saw this thread. LOL. Still the land alone is worth the current list price of $204,500. I have never been inside the house so I can't speak to the condition or possible building code violations but Tuscany is correct. Things can be repaired/corrected. But again, I have never been in to see how extensive the problems might be.

Oh and the FMLS shows it's been listed, I suppose again, since June. There has been a price reduction of over $120k since then and it's been under contract and returned to active status twice in that period of time. My guess is that's due to the repair issues that have been reported to be present. I don't imagine the bank that currently holds the title is willing to make any repairs.

#36 ApolloBeachRetiree

ApolloBeachRetiree

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (C. Mark Willix @ Oct 26 2009, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh and the FMLS shows it's been listed, I suppose again, since June. There has been a price reduction of over $120k since then and it's been under contract and returned to active status twice in that period of time. My guess is that's due to the repair issues that have been reported to be present. I don't imagine the bank that currently holds the title is willing to make any repairs.

That is what I thought. Even if you had to gut the house, the land is worth that price.

Hillary was a terrible candidate. Plain and simple.

The Hildabeast IS a despicable CESSPOOL of CORRUPTION.

#37 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,751 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

The owner of that house was a member here..
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#38 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

My husband, who is a licensed builder and contractor, went over to the house and checked it out.
Now the power and water is turned off, but from what he could tell just by looking at it, he said it shouldn't take too much to
bring it up to code.
He also thought the land was worth every bit of $200,000 or more.
It is a great location, and I still think if it could be rezoned it would be a great venue.

#39 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Oct 26 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My husband, who is a licensed builder and contractor, went over to the house and checked it out.
Now the power and water is turned off, but from what he could tell just by looking at it, he said it shouldn't take too much to
bring it up to code.
He also thought the land was worth every bit of $200,000 or more.
It is a great location, and I still think if it could be rezoned it would be a great venue.

It's hard to find just land sales in the area, but there is a listing near by that is listed as an income producing horse farm with a home and they are valuing the land for listing at $50k/acre. While I think that's high for raw land, it's not terrible for improved land. At just over 7.5 acres for the subject property, the current list price of $204,500 is $26,732/acre. That's a hell of a price. Spend a few thousand to raze the house and hold that land for a while.

Great investment if you ask me.

#40 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (C. Mark Willix @ Oct 26 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to find just land sales in the area, but there is a listing near by that is listed as an income producing horse farm with a home and they are valuing the land for listing at $50k/acre. While I think that's high for raw land, it's not terrible for improved land. At just over 7.5 acres for the subject property, the current list price of $204,500 is $26,732/acre. That's a hell of a price. Spend a few thousand to raze the house and hold that land for a while.

Great investment if you ask me.

I agree, and it's not too far from a lot of businesses going up, get it rezoned, but in the meantime, how many people are always looking for a place to rent to throw a party?
I would love to throw a party there!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics