Paulding.com

What info would you like to see on bakery website?

Hi! It is so exciting at the bakery. Things are coming together and it won't be long now until we are open! :) We are meeting with the webdesigner this week and were wondering what information would you (the awesome people of Paulding County) like to see on the website?

Of course we'll have our location, phone number, etc. But what kind of pictures and information would entice you the most? I have noticed when looking at other bakery websites that most don't have their contact info except on one page. I hope ours will be more visible.

Well, I am off to make a Backyardigan birthday cake and an Italian Cream cake. (yum!, I love Italian Cream cake. It is a good thing it is for someone else, or I would eat it all!)

Looking forward to seeing if anyone has any ideas. :D

Hi! It is so exciting at the bakery. Things are coming together and it won't be long now until we are open! :) We are meeting with the webdesigner this week and were wondering what information would you (the awesome people of Paulding County) like to see on the website?

Of course we'll have our location, phone number, etc. But what kind of pictures and information would entice you the most? I have noticed when looking at other bakery websites that most don't have their contact info except on one page. I hope ours will be more visible.

Well, I am off to make a Backyardigan birthday cake and an Italian Cream cake. (yum!, I love Italian Cream cake. It is a good thing it is for someone else, or I would eat it all!)

Where are you located exactly on ridge road? I see the address but would like a better description of the location.

Do you intend to allow people to place orders through your website?

WELCOME to p.com!

I have been meaning to ask you if there is really HONEY coming out

of those pumps! :p

(was going to take a picture and post) :rolleyes:

Oh, back to your question... how about video

(you can use ustream and then put on your website so we can watch it. either live or pre-recorded)

Updates/MENU/SPECIALS/HOURS/PHONE # need to be kept CURRENT! :good:

I visited a local website just Saturday and they were 2 WEEKS back on their specials for that week. :wacko:

(glad I called.... some people won't) ;)

Can you have a scratch and smell website?

J/K :lol:

again, wel2_anm.gif to p.com!

I will have to check into seeing if we can set it up so people can order thru the website. That would be great.

And wouldn't it be awesome if there were honey coming out of the pumps? haha!

We are working on the menu now. I am sure we will change and adapt to what people want, and have specials-especially for the holidays.

Would anyone be interested in having a casserole of the day?

btw-I posted a few pics you can see if you go to my album.

I will have to check into seeing if we can set it up so people can order thru the website. That would be great.

And wouldn't it be awesome if there were honey coming out of the pumps? haha!

We are working on the menu now. I am sure we will change and adapt to what people want, and have specials-especially for the holidays.

Would anyone be interested in having a casserole of the day?

btw-I posted a few pics you can see if you go to my album.

They look so good!!!

On your website.... some of what I would like to see has already been mentioned but I will mention them again for enforcement.

1. Pic of storefront

2. Enite Menu (everything available, that way I dont have to call and ask)

3. PRICES for each

4. LOVE TO BE ABLE TO ORDER ONLINE thru your website and get confirmation via email.

5. A gallery page with pics of special orders/special ckaes and such you have done.

thats about it for me.

mE TOO!

Are these really carrot cake cupcakes?

(that is my FAVORITE!) :good:

BTW - where do you get the lil' carrots! :p

gallery_39492_352_79274.jpg

Yes, they are moist, delicious carrot cake cupcakes with a cream cheese icing. Made with or without walnuts. And I grew the little carrots. ;) Actually, they are just icing. But I make them out of gumpaste, too.

I would love to not have to drive all the way to Rome for a fabulous creamed horn. Have you tried those yet?

A really nice photo of your stuff would be great. I also like the idea of ordering online and getting a reply email or even a phone call the next day would work for me.

Definetly a casserole of the day...awesome idea. Individual servings please.

Also, with your cookies and cupcakes, those will be individualy priced right....I do not like places that make you buy in quantity.

Back to the casserole...I haven't had dinner yet :D ....squash casserole is a must.

And think of all the dishes you could sell during Thanksgiving. B)

Definetly a casserole of the day...awesome idea. Individual servings please.

Also, with your cookies and cupcakes, those will be individualy priced right....I do not like places that make you buy in quantity.

Back to the casserole...I haven't had dinner yet :D ....squash casserole is a must.

And think of all the dishes you could sell during Thanksgiving. B)

We were thinking of selling cookies and cupcakes individually and by the dozen. I know when I visit a bakery I like to get a sampling of things. But the things I really like I get more of. But what better way to find out what you like than to try everything? ;)

I hadn't thought of individual servings of casseroles. That is a good idea.

Daily or weekly specials - do you plan on bagels? I know that those are hard to offer if they don't sell daily; but wonder if they are possible? I am so looking forward to the coconut cake - please open tomorrow.

I wish we could open tomorrow. I am not sure about the bagels. But that is a definate possibility.

On your website.... some of what I would like to see has already been mentioned but I will mention them again for enforcement.

1. Pic of storefront

2. Enite Menu (everything available, that way I dont have to call and ask)

3. PRICES for each

4. LOVE TO BE ABLE TO ORDER ONLINE thru your website and get confirmation via email.

5. A gallery page with pics of special orders/special ckaes and such you have done.

thats about it for me.

Thanks. I am keeping all these ideas to see if they will work for us at first.

I would love to not have to drive all the way to Rome for a fabulous creamed horn. Have you tried those yet?

A really nice photo of your stuff would be great. I also like the idea of ordering online and getting a reply email or even a phone call the next day would work for me.

I have been too busy to get to Rome. Can someone please go and bring me back a creamed horn? haha! I have been researching recipes for them. What kind of cream is in the one in Rome? The very light whipped type or the icing kind? Or maybe pastry cream? What is the name of the bakery? Maybe I can find it online.

I would love to be able to pre-order pies for the holiday. Will you have a post of available pies and prices on the web site? and not those skimpy grocery store pies. I'm thinking French Silk, Strawberry Pie, Mincemeat, real traditional stuff. If you do pre-order, make sure you get at least half the money up front and a pick up by or else policy.

Be sure to post Special of the day on the sign out front. I'm thinking you could probably pull in some drive by customers if they knew that you had casserole available on their way home from work. I'm thinking Lasagna, Chicken Pot Pie, and maybe free dessert if ordered 24 hours in advance.

Can't wait, I already feel 10 lbs. heavier.

Heard rumor that the empty space next to Pizza Hut on Ridge might be an Ice Cream/Bakery. Heads up!

I would love to be able to pre-order pies for the holiday. Will you have a post of available pies and prices on the web site? and not those skimpy grocery store pies. I'm thinking French Silk, Strawberry Pie, Mincemeat, real traditional stuff. If you do pre-order, make sure you get at least half the money up front and a pick up by or else policy.

Be sure to post Special of the day on the sign out front. I'm thinking you could probably pull in some drive by customers if they knew that you had casserole available on their way home from work. I'm thinking Lasagna, Chicken Pot Pie, and maybe free dessert if ordered 24 hours in advance.

Can't wait, I already feel 10 lbs. heavier.

Heard rumor that the empty space next to Pizza Hut on Ridge might be an Ice Cream/Bakery. Heads up!

Great points and suggestions. I LOVE making the real traditional stuff. And we will have a real butter pie crust which is, oh my, wonderful! I can't wait to start baking for everyone.

I hadn't heard about the Ice Cream/Bakery on Ridge. Some competition, I am not worried. Our stuff is gonna be good. :)

CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO PCOM!!! It's me Debra....I told you everyone in pcomville would love the idea! I am soooo excited for you guys! PM me when you have an opeing date and I'll help put together your grand opeining for you!

Thanks Debra! We are super excited, too. I will get with you soon on the opening date. We really appreciate your help.