15 replies to this topic

#1 Quality Service Tire

Quality Service Tire

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

The HORNETS had a great victory over South Paulding last night and was chosen as the Game of the Week!!!!!!! They are STILL UNDEFEATED!!!!!

FOR THE LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICES AROUND. CALL ABOUT OUR OTHER AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES AND COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SERVICES AVAILABLE AND MORE.....CALL US FIRST!!!!!!
WANT CASH FOR THOSE WRECKED OR JUNK VEHICLES? Give us a call and we will pick up for FREE!!

29B Wolf Pen Path
Dallas, GA 30157
770/505-6778

CALL AND ASK FOR JEFF

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
---Arnold Schwarzenegger

#2 luvtennis5

luvtennis5

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

Congratulations......

#3 mermaidmom

mermaidmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

Yes, and Channel 2 featured that game and the East game and it even showed the Hiram BOG playing in the stands at 11! Way to go HIRAM!!!
While focused on life's destination....enjoy the journey!!!

#4 dance/soccer/CKD mom

dance/soccer/CKD mom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

Way to go Hornets!
Dance is the hidden language of the soul.

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.

#5 momnteacher

momnteacher

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (mermaidmom @ Oct 10 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and Channel 2 featured that game and the East game and it even showed the Hiram BOG playing in the stands at 11! Way to go HIRAM!!!

Here is the link to where Channel 2 featured the Band of Gold

http://www.wsbtv.com...7598/index.html

Way To Go Hiram!!!!! You kids are making us Proud clapping.gif yahoo.gif

Remembering my mom

2/2/47-9/27/08

I'm a Very Proud Navy Mom

#6 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

You have every right to be proud WTG Hornets!!! 0
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

Those people were called "slaves".

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#7 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,751 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

congrats Hornets..
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#8 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

Way to go Hornets, I knew you could do it. You had me scared for a minute, but I knew you would come back strong. But I have one question, which team was supposed to be team of the week? I thought it was Hiram, but this morning on channel 2, they only showed highlights of Ayers and the Spartans, I mean Hiram did win, why wouldnt they show any highlights of their touchdowns, they did have four. They made sure they showed the interception by Ayers and his touchdown, but they didnt show Ayers fumble that led to the Hornets second touchdown within 30 seconds. Not surprising, Hiram still not getting the respect they deserve. Keep it going Hornets, and remember to make your haters your motivators.

#9 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

wink.gif Good Lord quit whinning! The film crews show BIG plays regardless of who makes them. They showed highlights of games such as South Cobb scoring (they lost), Brookwood scoring twice (Grayson won), and Milton scoring several times and losing. They simply look for big plays from big names and this kid is going to Tech in the fall. They dont stay at the games more than 20-30 minutes and work with what they have. They showed the Hiram cheerleaders and band and did a good job at telling how Hiram was ranked and rolled to their 6th straight win. No one around here is a Hiram hater. Most people on here including us Raider fans root for the Hornets to win. However, like East faced 4 years ago when this tremendous run began, winning in the first year of success is slow to get respect. Heck East was 6 or 7 and 1 that year and people still jumped on them as flukes. Last year in moving to 5a I bet I heard East is gonna get a wake up call this year a dozen times.
Hiram will have to earn respect the hard way, a week at a time. Hiram has had a weak schedule. They can't help that. The first year East won they did too. Like East you are doing all you can do-win every week and chipping away at the critics. Until you beat the Sprayberrys and Hillgroves respect will be hard to get. it took winning against a good Cherokee and winning in the play-offs that year for people to realize East was for real. I think Hiram is for real, and respect will come. Just dont jump on people for not annointing Hiram with it. Go out and continue to kick butt and you will get peoples attention! I hope you guys go 10-0 and wear out 4aaaa in state. I am not knocking Hiram at all, in fact my heart is with you Hornets. Just take a big breath and enjoy making people give you that respect. It makes it so much sweeter when you get it and it is fun being that "Hiram team that hasnt played anyone". Heck East is 30something and 7 over the last 4 years and the Cobb countians still pray for and predict our demise weekly... laugh.gif Just like the same people in Cobb (Sprayberry and Hillgrove) say about you guys...South is a good team and that quality win will continue to get you attention. Heck you are ranked in the state top 10!!! Wow that is awesome!

GO HORNETS AND GO RAIDERS!!!
QUOTE (2witty4u @ Oct 10 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way to go Hornets, I knew you could do it. You had me scared for a minute, but I knew you would come back strong. But I have one question, which team was supposed to be team of the week? I thought it was Hiram, but this morning on channel 2, they only showed highlights of Ayers and the Spartans, I mean Hiram did win, why wouldnt they show any highlights of their touchdowns, they did have four. They made sure they showed the interception by Ayers and his touchdown, but they didnt show Ayers fumble that led to the Hornets second touchdown within 30 seconds. Not surprising, Hiram still not getting the respect they deserve. Keep it going Hornets, and remember to make your haters your motivators.

#10 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (2witty4u @ Oct 10 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ayers was voted athelete of the week. that's why they showed all of the good footage of him

Edited by justagirl, 10 October 2009 - 10:48 AM.

#11 antnice

antnice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Way to go Hornets, good win. The defense did a great job and the offense showed they can move the ball in the air when the run game is stalling.

#12 ilovefootball51

ilovefootball51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

Way to go HIRAM! And I agree the coverage of Hiram was a little light on the news as compared to South. But I love that they were out here covering these ole' Paulding County teams in the first place! Keep it up Hornets!! I really think the Hillgrove game is going to be AWESOME and can't wait for it!!

#13 Barbed wire

Barbed wire

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (2witty4u @ Oct 10 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the voting was for GAME of the week, not team of the week.
Love never ends; it just changes shape.

#14 spaz

spaz

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

Ryan Ayers was voted Player of the week for 11Alive.The Game of the Week was WSB.

#15 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

Congratulations Hornets - keep up the good work!

#16 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Barbed wire @ Oct 10 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the voting was for GAME of the week, not team of the week.

Well if it was for GAME of the week, they should have covered BOTH teams and highlighted the WINNING team. This was all about south paulding, and they lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics