23 replies to this topic

#1 redneckgirrrlll

redneckgirrrlll

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

Just wanted to send out a congrats to the HHS Band of Gold for scoring overall 1's at the competition in Armuchee GA on Saturday. Also congrats to our Drum Major, Color Guard and Percussion for getting 1st place and Band getting 2nd place. You all did an outstanding job and you played us proud! Kudos to Dr. Davis & Mr. Gibson and all other instructor's for guiding our kids and being outstanding band directors! You guys are awesome!

Congrats to all the band's who played on Saturday. It was a great event to be a part of!
Let's go Hiram Hornets and HHS Band of Gold!!! Lets have a great season!!

#2 luvtennis5

luvtennis5

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

Congrats to the band of gold....

#3 dance/soccer/CKD mom

dance/soccer/CKD mom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

Congrats!
Dance is the hidden language of the soul.

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.

#4 Stuck In Traffic

Stuck In Traffic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Congrats to the Band of Gold..........you blew us away with your show on Saturday........Also, congrats to Paulding County High School and North Paulding on your outstanding performances and multiple awards. All three bands did Paulding County very proud!!

#5 mermaidmom

mermaidmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

Congrats to HHS BOG!!! And yes, all our county high schools have great band programs. Band and music keeps life in rhythm!! Love me some band kids for sure!!! wub.gif
While focused on life's destination....enjoy the journey!!!

#6 Stuck In Traffic

Stuck In Traffic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (mermaidmom @ Oct 5 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats to HHS BOG!!! And yes, all our county high schools have great band programs. Band and music keeps life in rhythm!! Love me some band kids for sure!!! wub.gif

Mermaidmom are you done or do you still have one in the program? I haven't seen you around but I thought maybe you got redistricted. Miss you!

#7 redneckgirrrlll

redneckgirrrlll

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

Yes mermaidmom, we do miss you!!!!! I agree also that all the bands from PC did outstanding. Was a great day all around

#8 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

I am good friends with the Drum Major and her family, I was so thrilled to hear how well you guys did!! Good Job clapping.gif
Posted Image

#9 mermaidmom

mermaidmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

After 8 wonderful years....sadly...I am done! :-(
However, I will NEVER be truly done...I love band kids and I think Dr. Davis is wonderful! My heart and many of my friends are still at HHS BOG and even though I didn't get to go to the competition last weekend as I was out of town, I called several parents to get "play by play" updates! biggrin.gif
I can't wait to see the show this weekend at the South Paulding game. Both bands' shows!!! biggrin.gif

While focused on life's destination....enjoy the journey!!!

#10 Stuck In Traffic

Stuck In Traffic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (mermaidmom @ Oct 5 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After 8 wonderful years....sadly...I am done! :-(
However, I will NEVER be truly done...I love band kids and I think Dr. Davis is wonderful! My heart and many of my friends are still at HHS BOG and even though I didn't get to go to the competition last weekend as I was out of town, I called several parents to get "play by play" updates! biggrin.gif
I can't wait to see the show this weekend at the South Paulding game. Both bands' shows!!! biggrin.gif

See you there!

#11 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

I think the color guard director is amazing. wub.gif

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#12 redneckgirrrlll

redneckgirrrlll

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Guard dad @ Oct 5 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the color guard director is amazing. wub.gif

lol and I would have no idea why you would think that hence the name "Guard Dad" but I agree, she is great with those girls and they love her!

#13 I'm Floored

I'm Floored

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

Congrats to Hiram's Band!

I love to hear about our schools and their programs excelling!

Whoo Hooo!!!

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

#14 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (redneckgirrrlll @ Oct 5 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol and I would have no idea why you would think that hence the name "Guard Dad" but I agree, she is great with those girls and they love her!

She gets it from her daddy. tongue.gif

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

#15 redneckgirrrlll

redneckgirrrlll

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Guard dad @ Oct 5 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She gets it from her daddy. tongue.gif

Don't you mean ddddeeeeeaaaaaadddddeeeeeee laugh.gif

#16 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (redneckgirrrlll @ Oct 5 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you mean ddddeeeeeaaaaaadddddeeeeeee laugh.gif

Yep...she my girl. wub.gif

But congrats to them all. Dr. Davis is the best there is, and as fine a person as God ever created. The kids that have spent time under his wing have learned valuable lessons that will stick with them for the rest of their lives. And I don't mean just music.

#17 ilovefootball51

ilovefootball51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

Congratulations Band of Gold. I'm a football mom and just wanted to thank you guys for keeping the music going at the games! Nothing can get a crowd going more than some music we can all clap to/holler with. Thanks for all you do!

#18 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

I am a PCHS band parent, just wanted to say congratulations to HHS for the great scores on Saturday! Also a shout out to NPHS, what a great show and great scores. We really have some talented students in our county!!
God is Good - All the Time

#19 redneckgirrrlll

redneckgirrrlll

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (moejoefoe @ Oct 8 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a PCHS band parent, just wanted to say congratulations to HHS for the great scores on Saturday! Also a shout out to NPHS, what a great show and great scores. We really have some talented students in our county!!

you are so right..I had such a good time listening to all the bands on Saturday. There are some wonderfully talented kids from Paulding!!

Looking forward to our next competition a week from Sat at NPHS and then GIBC at our school on the 24th. Love to hear all the band's play. Each one has it's own uniqueness and that makes for a great day of competition smile.gif

#20 cobbobig

cobbobig

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Congrats to all!! There is so much work involved in the marching program and you can be proud of every effort you've put into it. We are going to the Western Carolina University Tournament of Champions this Saturday with my son's school (Harrison in Cobb) and I am excited not only about their performance but of the many other bands attending.

Here's a portion of a great opinion piece from the Marietta Daily Journal that many of you will appreciate and understand:

"I advised him that beyond his good grades, the fact that he was a leader in his school's marching band could be a plus. With all else being equal, that would indicate to admissions officials that he is not only smart, but a leader as well."

"I wish you would tell that to our football team," he said, "They think we are a bunch of nerds." I am sure that isn't the attitude of all the players, but I am equally sure he didn't make that up and that he has heard that from some jocks."

Click below for the rest of the article:
Article by Dick Yarbrough, Columnist, October 05, 2009 MDJ

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.” Ronald Reagan

#21 Stuck In Traffic

Stuck In Traffic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (cobbobig @ Oct 8 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats to all!! There is so much work involved in the marching program and you can be proud of every effort you've put into it. We are going to the Western Carolina University Tournament of Champions this Saturday with my son's school (Harrison in Cobb) and I am excited not only about their performance but of the many other bands attending.

Here's a portion of a great opinion piece from the Marietta Daily Journal that many of you will appreciate and understand:

"I advised him that beyond his good grades, the fact that he was a leader in his school's marching band could be a plus. With all else being equal, that would indicate to admissions officials that he is not only smart, but a leader as well."

"I wish you would tell that to our football team," he said, "They think we are a bunch of nerds." I am sure that isn't the attitude of all the players, but I am equally sure he didn't make that up and that he has heard that from some jocks."

Click below for the rest of the article:
Article by Dick Yarbrough, Columnist, October 05, 2009 MDJ

What a great article. Thanks for the link!!! I sent it to my daughter, a band nerd, to enjoy! Good luck this weekend!!

#22 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (redneckgirrrlll @ Oct 8 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are so right..I had such a good time listening to all the bands on Saturday. There are some wonderfully talented kids from Paulding!!

Looking forward to our next competition a week from Sat at NPHS and then GIBC at our school on the 24th. Love to hear all the band's play. Each one has it's own uniqueness and that makes for a great day of competition smile.gif

PCHS is also going to NPHS for their competition. Good Luck!
God is Good - All the Time

#23 raclay

raclay

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

I have a very good friend whose son is in the HHS band and he absolutely loves it. The band works so hard and I too am very proud of them for their accomplishments. Way to go A.H. and your fellow Band of Gold members!!! I am so very proud of you all. Now I need to get to one of the games to see them play before the season is over.

So you're not from the South, that's okay, you got here as fast as you could.

#24 redneckgirrrlll

redneckgirrrlll

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (moejoefoe @ Oct 8 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PCHS is also going to NPHS for their competition. Good Luck!

Thanks and to you guys also!

QUOTE (raclay @ Oct 8 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a very good friend whose son is in the HHS band and he absolutely loves it. The band works so hard and I too am very proud of them for their accomplishments. Way to go A.H. and your fellow Band of Gold members!!! I am so very proud of you all. Now I need to get to one of the games to see them play before the season is over.

Yes you do...they are awesome as is the football team smile.gif Next home game is Oct. 16th against Osborne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics