Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mom2dachs

Tim Tebow enroute to hospital

Florida QB Tim Tebow is enroute to the hospital via ambulance after a hitting his head twice on the football field after being tackled. Hope this is just precautionary and this fine young man is okay.

Edited by Aunt Bea

Florida QB Tim Tebow is enroute to the hospital via ambulance after a hitting his head twice on the football field after being tackled. Hope this is just precautionary and this fine young man is okay.

I hope he is okay too - the hit I saw looked very, very bad and I pray he is okay.

Not a big Florida Fan not a Huge SEC fan but I will root for Ga. besides the point Tim Tebow is probably the best role modle in any College or Professional sport. He get's so much heck for being so open about having God in his life and because of that he'll probably walk out with a bump when the next guy might not even beable to walk out!

Not a big Florida Fan not a Huge SEC fan but I will root for Ga. besides the point Tim Tebow is probably the best role modle in any College or Professional sport. He get's so much heck for being so open about having God in his life and because of that he'll probably walk out with a bump when the next guy might not even beable to walk out!

I pray the Tebow is okay and I love him, he is a wonderful role model. If he just wasn't a Gator...... :p

"Tim is doing fine this morning," Meyer said. "His CT scans came back and indicated that Tim suffered a concussion. Our medical and athletic training staff will continue to monitor him to determine how much rest and recovery he needs. We will have additional information and updates this week."

Tebow was expected back in Florida later Sunday.

Per http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4508494

"Tim is doing fine this morning," Meyer said. "His CT scans came back and indicated that Tim suffered a concussion. Our medical and athletic training staff will continue to monitor him to determine how much rest and recovery he needs. We will have additional information and updates this week."

Tebow was expected back in Florida later Sunday.

Per http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4508494

THANK YOU!! With Florida having a bye week next week he will hopefully get plenty of rest and have a good recovery.

I am sorry that Tim Tebow got hurt and I wish him a speedy recovery. But I would just love to watch a game and not have to hear Tim Tebow name mentioned in every sentence. I mean if the other team makes a touch down or makes a great play, they will find a way to insert Tim Tebow in to it. It is just about sickening, I had to watch the game last night with the mute button on, just so I didnt have to hear the announcers hooping it up about Tim Tebow. There are other players playing in the game, he cant win those games by himself give somebody else on the team some recognition. Without his defense, he would be on the ground a lot, give them a shout out once in a while. When other players get hurt, they are carted off the field and thats it. But no, not with Tim Tebow, they had to follow him into the locker room, show the ambulance picking him up, showing the ambulance driving off. And even when he was on the sideline, there was a game going on and all they kept showing was Tim Tebow. I am so glad this is his last year, so the announcers can quit drooling over him. This is the same thing they did with David Green, and where is he now? Tim Tebow is not the only football player in this world.

I am sorry that Tim Tebow got hurt and I wish him a speedy recovery. But I would just love to watch a game and not have to hear Tim Tebow name mentioned in every sentence. I mean if the other team makes a touch down or makes a great play, they will find a way to insert Tim Tebow in to it. It is just about sickening, I had to watch the game last night with the mute button on, just so I didnt have to hear the announcers hooping it up about Tim Tebow. There are other players playing in the game, he cant win those games by himself give somebody else on the team some recognition. Without his defense, he would be on the ground a lot, give them a shout out once in a while. When other players get hurt, they are carted off the field and thats it. But no, not with Tim Tebow, they had to follow him into the locker room, show the ambulance picking him up, showing the ambulance driving off. And even when he was on the sideline, there was a game going on and all they kept showing was Tim Tebow. I am so glad this is his last year, so the announcers can quit drooling over him. This is the same thing they did with David Green, and where is he now? Tim Tebow is not the only football player in this world.

WELL SAID. (except it is his Offensive Line that helps keep his butt off the ground) In all honesty, Florida is NOT a well rounded football team and Tebow does carry the team. Period. Just look at the stats following a game. You are right, there are other players on the field but without Tebow, they wouldn't have the record they have. Period. With that said, David Green was only the player Tebow is in his dreams!!! But, I agree, the media is IN LOVE with Tebow and the coverage of him is over kill. Probably one of the reasons ppl who are not FL fans dislike them even more!! But, I do hope he has a full recovery.

WELL SAID. (except it is his Offensive Line that helps keep his butt off the ground) In all honesty, Florida is NOT a well rounded football team and Tebow does carry the team. Period. Just look at the stats following a game. You are right, there are other players on the field but without Tebow, they wouldn't have the record they have. Period. With that said, David Green was only the player Tebow is in his dreams!!! But, I agree, the media is IN LOVE with Tebow and the coverage of him is over kill. Probably one of the reasons ppl who are not FL fans dislike them even more!! But, I do hope he has a full recovery.

My bad, meant the offensive line. With David Green he wasnt talented but the analyst sure talked him up, I got sick of hearing his name, and the didnt do anything once he got to the NFL. What is this talk that Tebow want go high in the draft? I dont get it, if he's THAT good, why wouldnt he be drafted early?

Not a FL fan at all- but watched the game last night after the Bama game because we play Kentucky next week. I have to say after watching FL's second string QB- I don't think they will do bad if they have to use him for a while.

This is the same thing they did with David Green, and where is he now? Tim Tebow is not the only football player in this world.

David Greene did not get ANYWHERE NEAR the kind of love that Tebow gets, especially from ESPN. Had this happened to David Greene, ESPN would have mentioned it for maybe a few seconds while showing a brief clip of our game. They would not have shown Richt talking about his condition afterwards or shown numerous shows of our fans covering their mouths. Tim Tebow gets hurt, and you would think the dang president had been shot. It's football! This kind of stuff is going to happen. As long as no permanent damage is gone, you know soooo many defenders would love to say that they delivered the blow that knocked that media clown out of a game.

It is not the players fault that sports announcers fall in love with em. I agree about the amount of times they mention certain players but you can't blame a player for it. Tebow is a great "college" player but recently I have become a fan of his only because of his upbringing and his determination as a young man. What a role model for students today and a standout Christian at that. My only fault I can find in his life: What in the world was he thinking going to Florida? LOL

With David Green he wasnt talented but the analyst sure talked him up, I got sick of hearing his name, and the didnt do anything once he got to the NFL.

So the guy that finished his career as the SEC offensive player of the year in '01, SEC offensive player of the year in '02, winningest QB in NCAA history, conference leader for career yardage, and SEC leader for number of completions without an interception wasn't talented? Man, what ridiculously high standards you must have.

Since when does what a player does in the NFL have anything to do with what they accomplished in college? Unless the NFL adopts the spread option, Tim Tebow will most likely not have near the same impact at QB, but that will not take away from what he has accomplished in college. Heck, even Herschel Walker was not as dominant in the pros as he was in college. The NFL is an entirely different level of play, and how a player performs at that level has nothing to do with what they did in college.

It is not the players fault that sports announcers fall in love with em. I agree about the amount of times they mention certain players but you can't blame a player for it. Tebow is a great "college" player but recently I have become a fan of his only because of his upbringing and his determination as a young man. What a role model for students today and a standout Christian at that. My only fault I can find in his life: What in the world was he thinking going to Florida? LOL

I have to agree with EVERYTHING you said - especially the LAST statement. :lol:

It's not his fault at all, but I can see why any defender would try to tag him extra hard. As annoying as it gets to the non-gator fans out there, you know it has to be ten time more annoying to their upcoming opponents.

Tebow actually came very close to signing with Alabama, but Urban's offense was much more suited for what he could do.

Edited by Jonger

Thank you for posting this. I've been busy this weekend with my own football player. Even though he is a Ga fan he does look up to Tebow and now a days it's so hard to find postive role models for our young athleates.

Tim Get Well Soon.

Besides being an outstanding player and person I think the announcers just enjoy saying his name because it's a fun name to say

Tim Tebow, Tim Tebow, Time Tebow. They should make a children's song with his name.

Tim Tebow went out to play,

Tim Tebow could play all day,

but he got hit,

announcers had a fit

now all Florida fans can do is Pray.

Never wish anyone injury but Tebows was a standard football concussion and like everything about the guy has been made a bigger deal then it was. Anyone that has played the game at a high level has suffered one like it. The trip to the hospital would not have been made if it was another player. Urban Cryer sure as hell wouldn't have stayed in Kentucky for some scrub on special teams.

He isn't the perfect guy he is portrayed to be, and frankly I'm sick on not being able to watch a game (not a Florida game ANY game) without hearing about his over rated behind. I'm personally surprised that this is his first concussion. The way he treats and talks to his offensive line I'm surprised they didn't knock him out before.

I love how no one gets on him about only taking a one hour class during this football season so he has more time to spend with the coaching staff. Well actually they talk about it like it is a great thing. If it was a player from Miami or VT that did this they would be all over their case for not being a student athlete. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you wanna know that he isn't the perfect angel everyone makes him out to be google the phrase "tim tebows girlfriend" when your kids aren't in the room. :lol:

This guy is the next president. I wasnt even watching the game and every sports channel had a breaking news etc etc. hope he is well but i mean kids get hurt every weekend and they dont get the hype he does.