Paulding.com

Let me say this once more....

Folks, I go so far outa my way in making people happy with their mowers that I service...BUT....

I have to still throw this out there- If something goes wrong on my end, I charge you $0.00 to make it right.....but certain rules must be adhered to-

- empty your gas can if the gas is over 60 days old (yes....I WILL know if you put crappy gas in there)

-and for God's sake...always check your oil level EVERY time BEFORE you fire her up and hit the yard.

I do GREAT work, and I stand by it like no other repairman EVER would, but these are TWO rules that must be adhered to, or you void your warranty. If an auto mechanic fixed your car and either sprayed water into the gas tank or even took a whiz in it, no one in their right mind would fix that again for FREE.

I'm an overly fair person, but I have had some folks (not many) not follow these rules, and either gunk up the carb again from bad gas, on up to not checking the oil and running the mower DRY, thus burning up the engine. That's not covered....and believe me, I honor my guarantees to a fault of losing money in some cases. But I had to throw this out here.

Voiding the warranty comes down to this-

-not covering the mower or keeping inside and DRY.

-using old gas. It's just gas....shake the hell out of the gas can, and use fresh gas at ALL times.

And change your oil once a year....I can't tell you how many mowers I had to drain MOLASSES out of.....never changed the oil EVER. Not good at all.

Folks, I go so far outa my way in making people happy with their mowers that I service...BUT....

I have to still throw this out there- If something goes wrong on my end, I charge you $0.00 to make it right.....but certain rules must be adhered to-

- empty your gas can if the gas is over 60 days old (yes....I WILL know if you put crappy gas in there)

-and for God's sake...always check your oil level EVERY time BEFORE you fire her up and hit the yard.

I do GREAT work, and I stand by it like no other repairman EVER would, but these are TWO rules that must be adhered to, or you void your warranty. If an auto mechanic fixed your car and either sprayed water into the gas tank or even took a whiz in it, no one in their right mind would fix that again for FREE.

I'm an overly fair person, but I have had some folks (not many) not follow these rules, and either gunk up the carb again from bad gas, on up to not checking the oil and running the mower DRY, thus burning up the engine. That's not covered....and believe me, I honor my guarantees to a fault of losing money in some cases. But I had to throw this out here.

Voiding the warranty comes down to this-

-not covering the mower or keeping inside and DRY.

-using old gas. It's just gas....shake the hell out of the gas can, and use fresh gas at ALL times.

And change your oil once a year....I can't tell you how many mowers I has to drain MOLASSES out of.....never changed the oil EVER. Not good at all.

Sounds like commen sense to me. There is one in ever crowd!!

Keep the good work up and Hope you have many blessings!!

Hey Subby I have a new business idea for you.

You could offer these services at the end and beginning of mowing season each year. There are a lot of people who just never think about doing this stuff. For instance, think about a single mom who has her head full of taking care of her children and struggling with life's everyday obstacles. The last thing that would come to her mind is changing the oil in the lawn mower. If you advertised in some of the neighborhood newsletters I bet you would get plenty of work. The only thing is you would need to be willing to make housecalls. You could offer discounts if the customer was able to help you line up a neighbor so you could help two customers with one service call.

You could offer these services at the end and beginning of mowing season each year. There are a lot of people who just never think about doing this stuff. For instance, think about a single mom who has her head full of taking care of her children and struggling with life's everyday obstacles. The last thing that would come to her mind is changing the oil in the lawn mower. If you advertised in some of the neighborhood newsletters I bet you would get plenty of work. The only thing is you would need to be willing to make housecalls. You could offer discounts if the customer was able to help you line up a neighbor so you could help two customers with one service call.

Not a bad idea. And I do make house calls a lot, they just cost more because of driving time, and gas.

"I do GREAT work, and I stand by it like no other repairman EVER would..."

And he's not blowing smoke...he really does stand by his work.

Thank you for saying that. I hope all my prior customers feel the same way. Truth be told, I have had to "eat" quite a bit of money on labor from time to time. But, sometimes I think it's worth just sticking to your guns and getting things done right, even if it runs over budget, just to make my customers happy with my business.

That's a great idea. I also give discounts to folks who send other people my way. ;) Of course, that's on their second visit, but repeat business & regular customers are bread and butter. :D