Paulding.com

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20094616/de..._07240107172009

Legendary CBS broadcast journalist Walter Cronkite has died.

Cronkite was known as "the most trusted man in America" -- known for delivering the news of President John F. Kennedy's assassination in 1963 and the lunar landing in 1969.

Three weeks ago Cronkite's family revealed he had been suffering for years with cerebrovascular disease and was not expected to recuperate.

He was 92.

www.tmz.com

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom

Not that his passing from the scene as news anchor had anything to do with it but it is obvious that from about the time he retired in the late 1970's no one else has earned the respect he had 'as the most trusted man in America.' And that is what makes his passing that much more sad.

pubby

We have lost a legend. I just heard one of the newscasts mention that he had modesty and humility and I so agree with this statement. I am glad he was able to live a long, fulfilling life and I very much appreciate his contributions. RIP Mr. Cronkite.

New Year's Day in Vienna will never be the same.

He loved Austria, and he loved the Strauss family!

"And that's the way it is", will never be equalled by any other phrase from any other "wannabee".

You pilot that yacht in the sky for us, Mr. Cronkite, and "pave" the way to Mars!

See you there, Dude! :D