Paulding.com

*****Missing Person******

Without drawing any conclusions about this case, but after making a quick law enforcement call I'll say this....

If the news put every report of a missing adult on the air, it would set a dangerous precedent. They typically wait for a law enforcement request because most "missing" adults turn out to be missing on purpose. There is no law enforcement request in this case.

AND this is apparently not the first incident of this individual going missing, which gives LEO reason for pause.

Still this is a good venue to seek information for the family.

I agree....if LE wanted this on the news it would be there. Something is making them hold back....perhaps they are uncovering much different info than what is seen from the outside.

I really do not think very many people know how many people are reported "missing" to LE each day. It is not all that uncommon for people to disappear for a few days or weeks just because they want to get away from everything.

Story is in today's MDJ:

http://mdjonline.com/content/index/showcon...tem/136313.html

EAST COBB - An east Cobb woman has not been heard from for 10 days, and her family is concerned for her well-being.

Justine Martin, 20, was last seen June 29 when she left her receptionist job at Vector Marketing in Marietta to go to her home near Sewell Mill Road and get ready for a date, said her aunt, Kim Thomas, who lives in Douglasville. Martin lives with her father, Gary.

Martin spoke with her father shortly before she left for her date and said she was going out with a man named "Sam," but did not know his last name, Thomas said. Martin told her father she had met Sam at "the mall" the week before, but the family is unsure of which mall. Martin's father last spoke with his daughter around 10:30 p.m. on June 29, when she called to ask a few questions about a dinner she was cooking for Sam at his place. The family is not sure where Sam lives, Thomas said.

She has not been heard from or seen since, she said.

"We just want her back and want to know that she is safe," Thomas said. "I don't think she chose to do this. I've spoken with her best friends, who she talks to every day, and they are beside themselves because they haven't heard from her."

Thomas said that a few years ago, Martin left for a couple of days with some of her belongings, but stayed in contact with friends during her absence. Martin is a 2006 graduate of Colonial Hills Christian School, in Lithia Springs.

"This time we haven't heard anything, neither have her friends, and she didn't take any of her belongings," she said.

Officer Joe Hernandez, a spokesman for Cobb Police, said Martin's family reported her missing July 1. The police department has contacted Sam and is making arrangements to speak with him, Hernandez said. They're also following up on any available leads about Martin's whereabouts, he said.

"Based on information given to officers by the parents, and based on her prior history and the circumstances of this incident, there is no indication of foul play or that she was abducted," Hernandez said.

Calls to Martin's cell phone go straight to voicemail, Thomas said.

"If she ran away, we don't care. We just want to hear her voice and make sure she's not hurt," she said.

Thomas said Martin may be upset over the death of her boyfriend in May.

Martin is a white female with brown hair and brown eyes. She is about 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 130 pounds. She drives a 2000 silver Isuzu Trooper with license plate number AUC712.

Anyone with information about Martin's whereabouts is asked to call Cobb Police at (770)-499-3900.

Does anyone know if they found her yet, Im trying to get in touch with her cousin right now by phone and i have no answer, so im worried about weather they found her or not, this is the first i have heard about this. I met Justine a few years back, When she was staying at her aunt Kims. I hope and pray she is ok, and that they find her, I do think it is weird that she hasnt called and isnt answering her phone. Please If anyone knows anything or can help with this call the police.

Just found this. Don't know if it is accurate, but I think it is.

Update: Justine Martin Found

Update: July 11, 2009: Julie posted the following via Facebook, Friday, July 10th at 9:35 PM:

We have learned through a very reliable source that Justine Martin is safe. We cannot provide any details but our family would like to extend our sincere gratitude to everyone for your support, prayers and kind words. We love each and everyone of you.

And she updated her status an hour later with “Julie Martin is finally going to get some sleep and I also want to thank everyone again for there love, support and prayers.”

No other details were provided, but it’s fully confirmed that Justine is safe.

My personal thanks to the several hundred people who linked to this blog and posted the alert via a variety of websites, social networks, e-mail, and forums (such as The Southern Casting Call) to help get the word out. I love that the internet can be such a helpful, useful tool in rallying support in instances such as this, where people come together quickly to help those in need. I wish many blessings to you all for your help and concern.

http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2009/07/0...martin-missing/

If she just disappeared to party, I hope someone kicks her booty. But, like I said, this is from another site. Not sure if it is true yet.

It's here too.

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?sid=031d7bbd...id=105530992201

Per David Rams - JUSTINE MARTIN - WE HAVE LEARNED THROUGH A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE THAT JUSTINE MARTIN IS SAFE. WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY DETAILS BUT OUR FAMILY WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND OUR SINCERE GRATITUDE TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT, PRAYERS AND KIND WORDS. WE LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!! PLEASE POST AND SPREAD THE WORD. (this was just posted on Justines mothers page... Cannot possibly think of better news right now)
Just found this. Don't know if it is accurate, but I think it is.

http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2009/07/0...martin-missing/

If she just disappeared to party, I hope someone kicks her booty. But, like I said, this is from another site. Not sure if it is true yet.

I hope she is indeed safe. That said, if indeed she just decided to "disappear" for a time, I hope she'll come to realize that very few of us inhabit our lives alone ... no matter how isolated and friendless one may feel, there almost always ARE people who care about us and worry when all is not well.