• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jw445ozzy

jw445ozzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:39 PM

Anybody know why the SO was doing traffic checks Tuesday night on Dallas-Marietta Hwy. Traffic was backed up from 92 to almost in-front of the complex where Higher Grounds is located. I was pulled over and they told me they were "just checking for impairments and doing license checks". I told him I didn't believe that was their only motive.

#2 QTee

QTee

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:43 PM

hiya Ozzy;
Just left the P.com Meet and Greet Night @HG c/o House of Lu....*giggle'n* I was stuck in dat too. Fished out all me cards and Id's....and they passed me through w/o even look'n at dem dry.gif They had lots O cars on the flatbeds to be taken away.

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think ~QTee 2/12/2008

#3 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:44 PM

jw445ozzy!!

This is exactly what I was asking in my post! I saw it too, and if turn in any of the subdivisions along there, they are going to stop you and check you out. I'm only saying that because I live in the middle of whatever they are doing..

There has to be more to it than that..Why do they have those big lights on the pole? Why are so many different counties involved?

#4 Rita

Rita

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

I heard on channel 11 about an attempted kidnapping in Paulding. I turned the tv on at the very end of the report and all I heard was a breif discription and to contact Paulding SO if you had any information.
Jesus is my BEST Friend!

#5 Loves2Crop

Loves2Crop

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:55 PM

I just got a call from my husband, asking me if I knew what was going on. I see this block has been going on for quite a while now. I definitely think it's more than just a license check.

He did say he noticed that when SUVs were going by, they flashed their flashlights over the license plates.

#6 Frolicks16

Frolicks16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:57 PM

I saw it too, my only question was they not only had other sheriff departments but police agencies involved. I understand the sheriff depts have some jurisdiction all over GA. but are the police not virtually powerless outside thier jurisdiction to begin a pursuit or pull someone over without a person from that jurisdiction physically with them? I counted 32 police and SO vehichles, and where is grantville?

#7 PCnative

PCnative

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:05 PM

I asked my husband about it. He said he wondered if it was about a kidnapping. He was at work this morning off Burnt Hickory (close to Greystone's main office) and a Douglas Co. S.O was asking everyone if they had seen a little girl. He said they had a picture of a white female.

#8 Rita

Rita

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:15 PM

I went to channel 11's web site and the atempted kidnapping was Monday at Sweetwater Daycare.
Jesus is my BEST Friend!

#9 jw445ozzy

jw445ozzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (PCnative @ Apr 27 2004, 08:05 PM)
I asked my husband about it. He said he wondered if it was about a kidnapping. He was at work this morning off Burnt Hickory (close to Greystone's main office) and a Douglas Co. S.O was asking everyone if they had seen a little girl. He said they had a picture of a white female.

There was an 8 year old girl abducted in Carroll County and they found her body today (God bless her soul). She was strangled by a 12 year old boy. That may have been what the D.C. SO was talking about.

#10 jw445ozzy

jw445ozzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (QTee71 @ Apr 27 2004, 07:43 PM)
hiya Ozzy;
  Just left the P.com Meet and Greet Night @HG c/o House of Lu....*giggle'n*  I was stuck in dat too.  Fished out all me cards and Id's....and they passed me through w/o even look'n at dem dry.gif  They had lots O cars on the flatbeds to be taken away.

I had planned on going to the Meet and Greet but ended up taking my 16yr old son to the ER instead. Would have much rather gone to the coffee shop and met all the paulding.commers.

#11 jw445ozzy

jw445ozzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (mach4 @ Apr 27 2004, 07:44 PM)
jw445ozzy!!

This is exactly what I was asking in my post! I saw it too, and if turn in any of the subdivisions along there,  they are going to stop you and check you out. I'm only saying that because I live in the middle of whatever they are doing..

There has to be more to it than that..Why do they have those big  lights on the pole? Why are so many different counties involved?

Sorry Mach, I didn't even see your post. I wasn't trying to overstep your bound.

#12 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:35 PM

jw445ozzy,

My P-com friend no problem at all!! smile.gif

#13 momof3daughters

momof3daughters

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:36 PM

A 12yr old boy killed that little 8yr old girl? I've been watching the news to see what had happened and I haven't heard yet. My heart goes out to her family. I have three girls myself.

#14 Dixie Princess

Dixie Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:39 PM

The road block was PCSD looking for a man that tried to kidnap a child from a local daycare. I copied the story from 11 Alive's website and made a new topic. This is very scarry!!!

#15 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:47 PM

Okay, call me stupid, (and you probably will after this!)

Why are they doing this tonight if that kidnapping happend yesterday? I still think something more is going on.. unsure.gif

I guess we will find out in time!! cool.gif

#16 mrsbhavn

mrsbhavn

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

On some station we were watching, they were calling it a "Levi Alert". I thought it was a Megan alert or some other name? And I thought they called it off shortly after it started b/c they found the kid shortly thereafter...?

#17 Malia110

Malia110

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:26 PM

That was yesterday that they had the Levi alert and they did come on right after and cancel it because they said they had found her and she was fine. Then this morning they say that they had found her dead. What a let down. Why did they say that she was fine when she wasn't? Yes, it was a 12 year old boy and they say he strangled her with his bare hands. They interviewed a neighbor who said that he was a respectful boy, but he had issues.

Then tonight they are looking for a man who ATTEMPTED to kidnap a child from Sweetwater Daycare off of 92. They said that he went and asked for the child, but was not on the list and luckily the daycare manager did the right thing and called the parents. I guess he then was able to leave and he is still missing. That is why they are doing a road block when the man tried to kidnap her TODAY.

Ya'll hug your children real tight tonight and keep them close to you when you go out to stores. Don't let them run all over the store. Someone could be lurking, just waiting to take your precious cute little one.

Last night I was at Wal-mart with all three of my children, ages 5, 2 and 5 months, all by myself and was a little frazzled. This lady, who I am sure meant nothing but to be kind and to help me, as little Emma had slumped over in the buggy seat and was leaning against her buggy buddy sucking her thumb, Jackson, the 2 year old, was standing up in the buggy and my oldest, Dylan, had his fingers stuck in the basket, all while the cashier was talking to me and becoming impatient because she had a long line, came to me and asked, "Would you like me to hold your baby for you while you finish up? I will hold her for you." Emma had just at that moment began to cry, but for like five seconds. It did not register at first what she was asking me and I told her, "No, I'm fine." I wasn't by the way. Then on the way home I was thinking, "Is she crazy? Does she really think that I am going to hand my baby over to a complete stranger?" Then it turned to, "She is going to call Defacs on me because I can't handle my three little ones all by myself ALL THE TIME!" Then it turned to, "She probably thought I was a young, unwed(which I am, just did not have my ring on at the time) floozy with three children by three different fathers and I am a bad mother!!!" Later after talking to my mother, she made me realize that the woman was probably thinking, "Oh that poor girl, I have been there before. I will see if I can help her out." The woman was quick to leave me once I told her No and seemed like a very nice woman and she probably was.

My point to this short post that turned really long is that they come in all shapes, genders, ages and sweet personalities. Ya'll, watch out for your children. Don't let your eight year old ride her bicycle to her friend's house if it is out of your sight range. Hold your baby's tight and love them longer. This is not the same world that some grew up in back in the day. I used to be able to ride my bicycle to my friend's house right down the street and not worry about. People don't know their neighbor's anymore like they used to either. I used to know the name of everyone on my street when I was growing up and we watched out for each other. Right now, I THINK, my neighbor's name is Dave? Take the time to get to know your neighbors and maybe set up a Neighborhood watch. I know I will get to know mine now.

Thanks for letting me rant,
Malia
The Malia/Paula Project
Princessunaware.typepad.com
Twitter@MaliaandPaula

#18 Malia110

Malia110

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:28 PM

By the way, I forgot, if you are the lady that offered to help me, Thanks...

Malia
The Malia/Paula Project
Princessunaware.typepad.com
Twitter@MaliaandPaula

#19 ridge rd retiree

ridge rd retiree

Pcom Innovator

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,699 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:30 PM

hitchcock rd and nebo ,marietta hwy sr120,various intersections across the county ,buchanan hwy ,all i can say is people you better be behavin behind that wheel and have all your insurance and license in order. our officers are busy tonight.
rrr

Edited by ridge rd retiree, 27 April 2004 - 10:30 PM.

#20 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

Called to preach on p.com

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:42 PM

jw445ozzy: No one has asked, but I will. Is your son OK?
"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 PCnative

PCnative

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:05 AM

Is this whole world going crazy?
Thank God I know where I am going in the end!

Malia 110> Loved your post. I have felt the same.

I pray for my children when they are with friends or at school. You never know when you may not see them again. I have a 11 year old and 13 year old and they still get mad at me because I won't let them run wild in wal-mart.

But hey we only have one chance to raise our kids. If we mess up THAT'S IT!
no secound chance. My husband and I just don't know what to say about the little girl, but may God be with her. And to the boy that killed her my God have mercy on his soul.

With more and more things going on in this world how will I ever let my children grow up?

PCNative

#22 jw445ozzy

jw445ozzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (thatboyaintright @ Apr 27 2004, 09:42 PM)
jw445ozzy:  No one has asked, but I will. Is your son OK?

Yes he is ok. He had a freak accident at a friends house and had to get some stitches in his head ,but he is doing fine. Thanks for being concerned.

#23 Honkin

Honkin

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:21 AM

And then some people wanna call us paranoid. NOTTT! My 3 year old is in the buggy at the store from the time we hit the sidewalk, til the time we get back to the front door and strapped in at that. I just had a verbal assault round with a what I call a sorry mother(you know the ones)this girl let her 1 yr old boy run wild the entire time shes in the same store we both frequent every Monday. The 3rd time this went on, we had words, the kid is a nuisance to all the customers, he runs out the front door in the parking lot and she will not keep him under control. Her lame line was hes all boy. Its not the kids fault, its the parent, she was more interested in doing her thing shopping and said well the front door should be closed, they know we got kids in here. First of all, a public establishment is NOT a Daycare Center now is it people. I got cussed out from this idiot because her 1 yr old walked up and pushed my 3 yr old while I was standing there waiting on a buggy, the 3rd time he rew back and hit her in the face, I blocked the little brat and she went nuts on me. Yes people, hold your children tight, telle em you love em 20 more times today than yesterday. That poor little girl in Carrollton will be in our minds for a very long time. Back to the same old question. WHERE was that 12 yr olds parents when this was all going on? My oldest was 20 yesterday and I have known where she was and who with and doing what everytime she has left the house. She came in at 2am this morning and woke me up, said mom theres a man in our driveway, he wants to use our phone. Again, NOTTT. I'll call someone but NOBDOY is comin' in my house at that time of night. SOrry. We called the PCSO and let them handle it. The man had a broke down truck between us and the driveway next door, still sitting there. This driveway seems to be the haven when a vehicle breaks down on this road lol. Anyway, after an hour and a half, never saw a car stop to see what the deal was. I mean the guy was probably not doing any wrong but the fact that he came out of the pitch black darkness and asked to use the phone, shouldda said will you call this number for me, Id been glad to help. Yall have a great day, and no your surroundings at all times wherever you are. Yes, do some snooping, get to know WHO your neighbors really are. The pc can tell you ALOT about who the person at the address next door is! biggrin.gif
No signature needed, I know who I am already!

#24 nanapudding

nanapudding

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:33 AM

It is so ironic that my 16 year old Grandson told me Monday to be careful riding around the county Tues. & Wed. ( like I had to hide anything anyway) because there was going to be some of those big road blockades going down as they say somewhere in Paulding County. Now just how did he know that? He told be that some of his friends at school had heard about this and they were just passing the word around. Strange how we adults don't find things out until it begins or is overwith. I thought it was just teenage gossip. Live & Learn.

#25 Trixie

Trixie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

I just have to say one thing about the "roadblocks", we need more on Paulding County highways! Several years ago, I was rear-ended while sitting at a redlight by a driver on alcohol and drugs. Of course, he had no insurance and he skipped the state! I was severely injured by a drunk driver at no fault of my own! Thank goodness I was not killed! Drunk driving should not be tolerated and something should be done at all costs to prevent "idiots' driving on the roads while "high" on alcohol and/or drugs. We need stiffer penalties for these stupid people. I am all for people drinking if this is what they want to do but, If you want to drink, stay at home or get a designated driver. Yes, a roadblock may make a lot of people angry, but it does save lives. PCSD and State Troopers, please keep it up and a big thank you goes out to you! Next issue is teen driving! Teen drivers are losing their lives everyday because of lack of respect for other drivers, lack of experience, excessive speeding, showing off, tailgating and not wearing seatbelts. Please do something to stop the teenagers before they are killed or they kill someone else with their vehicles! Their lives and our lives depend on it! If citizens see teens or older drivers speeding in their subdivision, please contact PCSD and get them to patrol your area. A child playing is at risk!

#26 Ferg55

Ferg55

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:22 AM

honkinonbobo I saw that truck there was it last night when I was coming home from work at around 11 pm. was still sitting there tonight when I passed by on my way home from work at around 1 am. They gonna get it out of there or just leave it there for deceration.
Live every day is if it were your last. Tell those close to you that you love them. You never know what tommorow will bring.

You will not be forgotten SPC. Joshua Dingler 08/15/2005 "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Posted Image
Thats my baby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics