• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 expatriate

expatriate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

The Company by Robert Littell. It is a history of the CIA told throuch fictional characters. The events are real. It adds context and perspective to the major international events in the last half of the twentieth century. Plus it has shooting and sex.

#42 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (expatriate @ Jul 2 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Company by Robert Littell. It is a history of the CIA told throuch fictional characters. The events are real. It adds context and perspective to the major international events in the last half of the twentieth century. Plus it has shooting and sex.

well geee...that always makes for a good read! tongue.gif
You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
More life lessons from Anita:
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

#43 shan06

shan06

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (SlugPug @ Jun 30 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read the House of Night series.... 5 books (Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, and Hunted) written by a mother/daughter team. They are very good. I actually just finished the 5th one last night, and sitting on pins and needles waiting for the 6th to be released in October!!!

Me too!! I couldn't believe how it ended!!!

QUOTE (1novella @ Jul 2 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yall should try Anita Blake Series by Laurel K Hamilton
very much like a grown up twilight or an Anne Rice.

I'm adding that to my must read list. biggrin.gif Thanks for the recommendation. That is IF I ever get through this massive book of Anne Rice that I'm reading...LOL I'm normally a fast reader but my gosh, it's taking me forever. LOL Tiny print and a REALLY heavy book. LOL
I'm married to my best friend and have 4 children that are my world. Life couldn't be much more perfect!

#44 1Novella

1Novella

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (shan06 @ Jul 2 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too!! I couldn't believe how it ended!!!

I'm adding that to my must read list. biggrin.gif Thanks for the recommendation. That is IF I ever get through this massive book of Anne Rice that I'm reading...LOL I'm normally a fast reader but my gosh, it's taking me forever. LOL Tiny print and a REALLY heavy book. LOL

You'd probably like the Black Dagger Brotherhood -someone said that earlier
You have to be nice first. When that doesn't work, you can be mean. Once you've been mean, noone will believe the nice anymore. So be nice, even if it hurts.
More life lessons from Anita:
There are some things more important than physical survival. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror.
Guns aren't designed for comfort. It's one of the few things that are worn by men, that are as uncomfortable as a pair of high heels.
Change is inevitable and leading change makes it positive. Availability is not a qualification. Hope is not a strategy. Potato chips are not a vegetable, and hot dogs are not a meat. Feedback is a gift, and anyone who "unfriends" you on Facebook because of a disagreement wasn't truly your friend at all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics