Paulding.com

PCSO seeks information on Saturday night shooting

When I was growing up, there was a "gang" called La Famiglia. The sister of the "leader" of this gang was one of my closest friends. They caused mischief, went around the carnivals (much like they do at the county fairs here) and caused trouble. In retrospect, this group of boys wasn't really what you'd expect to see on Gangland. Until (I can't believe that I'm admitting this :lol: ), one of the boy's knifed another boy at a car club meeting I was at. I saw it, knew who did it, and by the grace of God, I only had to hold this information for less than 24 hours before someone ELSE did give him up. I was 16, and terrified.

I was afraid to tell my mom, since she had no idea I was even at the event - and she would have had my ASS (and my car) if she ever found out. I was afraid because the guy who did it knew who saw. Thankfully the wound wasn't serious and the victim was able to identify his own assailant (thus the person that gave him up).

Have you guys forgotten what it's like to be young? Pubby, you're asking someone to rat on another kid and come to YOU so you can make them a STAR? Are you kidding?

Why doesn't PCSO give an EMAIL address for kids to email what they know? This will give them the perceived anonymity that they want and a medium to report the information that they're comfortable with.

PS...RAM (I think it's you that's from my home town) -- do you remember these guys?

Edited by GEAgirl
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was growing up, there was a "gang" called La Famiglia. The sister of the "leader" of this gang was one of my closest friends. They caused mischief, went around the carnivals (much like they do at the county fairs here) and caused trouble. In retrospect, this group of boys wasn't really what you'd expect to see on Gangland. Until (I can't believe that I'm admitting this :lol: ), one of the boy's knifed another boy at a car club meeting I was at. I saw it, knew who did it, and by the grace of God, I only had to hold this information for less than 24 hours before someone ELSE did give him up. I was 16, and terrified.

I was afraid to tell my mom, since she had no idea I was even at the event - and she would have had my ASS (and my car) if she ever found out. I was afraid because the guy who did it knew who saw. Thankfully the wound wasn't serious and the victim was able to identify his own assailant.

Have you guys forgotten what it's like to be young? Pubby, you're asking someone to rat on another kid and come to YOU so you can make them a STAR? Are you kidding?

Why doesn't PCSO give an EMAIL address for kids to email what they know? This will give them the perceived anonymity that they want and a medium to report the information that they're comfortable with.

The tip line phone number was published.

The tip line phone number was published.

I understand that - however it's easier for kids to write what they know than to phone it in. Plus, the perception with youth is that all phone can be traced whereas email cannot (yes, I'm aware that it can be). I'm just saying, give kids another way to get in touch that they will perceive as "safer".

I understand that - however it's easier for kids to write what they know than to phone it in. Plus, the perception with youth is that all phone can be traced whereas email cannot (yes, I'm aware that it can be). I'm just saying, give kids another way to get in touch that they will perceive as "safer".

Our "anonymous tip" email address has been published on several other occasions. However, it was not published in this particular case. The only way for a "tip" to be eligible for the reward is if the tip is submitted to Crime Stoppers Atlanta. The tip can be sent directly to the Paulding County Sheriff's Office via the email address. That tip would NOT be eligable for the reward if sent by email.

Our tip email address is tips@paulding.gov.

I was afraid to tell my mom, since she had no idea I was even at the event - and she would have had my ASS (and my car) if she ever found out. I was afraid because the guy who did it knew who saw. Thankfully the wound wasn't serious and the victim was able to identify his own assailant (thus the person that gave him up).

PS...RAM (I think it's you that's from my home town) -- do you remember these guys?

Yep, sure am. The problem is that they're acting like little kids afraid to be beaten up or hurt by an older kid for ratting them out when it isn't ratting them out at all... it is doing the right thing. Only by intimidation are these cretins able to do what they do. Stand up to the bullies and they scurry away like the subhuman roaches they are.

Scream and jump on a stool and refuse to be a pigeon and when they're given that kind of deference, they will try to take over.

The key thing to know is that you are much more vulnerable to the criminal if you KNOW and don't talk than if you KNOW and talk. If you KNOW and don't talk then they can eliminate you from ever talking and therefore escape justice. If you know and talk they've obviously lost that round and what is the benefit of killing you... that they make another mistake and get a murder charge on top of whatever other charges ... 'cause you know that if you implicate someone in a crime and you end up dead, the authorities look at the criminal they ratted out as the prime suspect.

Beyond that, life is too short to live it in fear.

pubby

PS: as far as being a star ... I would disguise the informant and change their voice and then provide access to LEO.

Ok, she says that everyone is afraid to talk because they are afraid that the person or persons that committed this crime will be filled with anger and retaliate against them. She also says that we as a community should not be afraid to stand up and say "NO" to gang violence and take back our city. And then she says something about extra jalapeños will be added to your bill....or something.

This all just made my day!!!