Paulding.com

PCSO seeks information on Saturday night shooting

Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Investigates Shooting

(Paulding County, GA) The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating

a shooting incident that occurred Saturday, June 6 at 29 Hillcrest Court Hiram, GA 30141

involving an 18 year old victim. The victim was identified as Gregory Frasier of Powder

Springs, Georgia.

Deputies were dispatched to the scene in reference to a fight and shooting. The scene

was described by deputies as extremely chaotic. There were over 150 people on the

scene when deputies began arriving. The victim was taken by helicopter to an Atlanta

area hospital.

The people on the scene were uncooperative with law enforcement. The suspect’s

description and vehicle description are not available to be released at this time. The

Paulding County Sheriff’s Office believes someone at the party has more information

about the incident that may help confirm other information that is already under

investigation. They are urged to contact Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS (8477)

to file an ANONYMOUS tip. A tip leading to an arrest and indictment is eligible for a

reward up to $2,000.00 through Crime Stoppers Atlanta.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such a sad thing to happen on a happy evening..

The suspect’s

description and vehicle description are not available to be released at this time

why won;t they release the info? maybe someone will see the car or the guys and can call it in...

such a sad thing to happen on a happy evening..

The suspect’s

description and vehicle description are not available to be released at this time

why won;t they release the info? maybe someone will see the car or the guys and can call it in...

The way I read it, no one at the party provided that information...amazing...

description and vehicle description are not available to be released at this time.

Absolutely NO excuse for this! :angry2:

The way I read it, no one at the party provided that information...amazing...

your right I did read that wrong...

:rolleyes:

Absolutely NO excuse for this! :angry2:

**unbelievable** that with that many kids there, no one is willing to brave enough and speak up..

and I assume that most of them there were friends of the one that was shot..

wow some friends they are..

The sad part is it has nothing to do with "right and wrong" -it's more of fear of retaliation that keeps most from speaking out.

The sad part is it has nothing to do with "right and wrong" -it's more of fear of retaliation that keeps most from speaking out.

You mean that kind of thinking has come to Paulding County! I think they should trust our PCSO enough to turn in a shooter (because they can)! Sometimes with kids it can be some mistaken idea that they should not tell on another kid! Whatever the reason it is a scary thing! What happened to caring about justice for the victim and protecting the next victim?

"Stop snitching".

Todays thug youth think it is better to allow violent criminals to go unpunished so they can continue to victimize people than it is to be a law abiding citizen who will stand up for what is right.

First, out of the 150 kids there, probably no more than a handful actually saw the altercation. Let's say five to six.

These folks are the likely witnesses as the other folks - probably one or two or at least the mom - gave the officers the information.

There probably is some fear amongst that handful that the perps will act out against them. They obviously are not the nicest, most congenial of people.

There will likely be additional physical evidence that will tie the perps to the crime, as well.

And hey, and eye witness might get $2,000 for spilling the beans. Heck, they want some help, they can call me and I'll help them do the right thing and make them a star with a personal interview on the incident myself. Our number is 770-505-8544.

pubby

PS: For those who might have information that could put someone in jail and is afraid to divulge it for fear of retribution. Know this. If you don't spill the beans and they kill you, they may get away with the crime you know about and your murder. If you spill the beans, what's the benefit of killing you as everyone already knows what you know. Learned that in Journalism school on why you publish what you know. Came from a guy who was finding out the mob was doing dirty deals in Oklahoma and the DA and sheriff were on the take.

pubby

First, out of the 150 kids there, probably no more than a handful actually saw the altercation. Let's say five to six.

These folks are the likely witnesses as the other folks - probably one or two or at least the mom - gave the officers the information.

There probably is some fear amongst that handful that the perps will act out against them. They obviously are not the nicest, most congenial of people.

There will likely be additional physical evidence that will tie the perps to the crime, as well.

And hey, and eye witness might get $2,000 for spilling the beans. Heck, they want some help, they can call me and I'll help them do the right thing and make them a star with a personal interview on the incident myself. Our number is 770-505-8544.

pubby

An awful lot of "assuming" going on there.

On a lot of accounts.

Real easy to say do the right thing when you weren't there. Witness a murder, and know that the person who commited the crime saw you and then see how much you will talk. They know who you are, you know who they are. They have killed or attempted to kill someone already...get where I'm going with this? But hey, the local understaffed PoPo will save you right?

You mean that kind of thinking has come to Paulding County! I think they should trust our PCSO enough to turn in a shooter (because they can)! Sometimes with kids it can be some mistaken idea that they should not tell on another kid! Whatever the reason it is a scary thing! What happened to caring about justice for the victim and protecting the next victim?

You guy's really got to travel outside of Paulding every once and a while. Real life is happening out there. I dont like the idea anymore than anyone else does - but it's the truth!

You guy's really got to travel outside of Paulding every once and a while. Real life is happening out there. I dont like the idea anymore than anyone else does - but it's the truth!

My thoughts also.

They are URGED to contact Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS (8477) to file an "ANNONYMOUS" tip. A tip leading to an arrest AND indictment is eligible for a reward up to $2,000.00 through Crime Stoppers Atlanta.

WHAT PART OF THIS, DO THESE PEOPLE ""NOT"" UNDERSTAND???? ANONYMOUS MEANS THEY DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEIR NAMES.............WHAT ARE THEY WAITING ON?? THERE IS "NO" EXCUSE FOR THEM NOT TO GIVE THE INFORMATION "ANONYMOUSLY", NONE WHATSOEVER!!

Oh, you mean kids only read about heroes in books and they never think about being one!! I guess it's too late to stop this crap at our County Line, huh! I know real life is happening out there and I also know our kids should have a different mind set! The shooter needs to be in jail and the witnesses need to stand up!! It pains me to think that my Grandchildren may be rubbing shoulders every day that they are in school with someone who may be capable of this kind of behavior! What you are saying is a sad commentary on how our society is raising and disciplining it's children! :(

Oh, you mean kids only read about heroes in books and they never think about being one!! I guess it's too late to stop this crap at our County Line, huh! I know real life is happening out there and I also know our kids should have a different mind set! The shooter needs to be in jail and the witnesses need to stand up!! It pains me to think that my Grandchildren may be rubbing shoulders every day that they are in school with someone who may be capable of this kind of behavior! What you are saying is a sad commentary on how our society is raising and disciplining it's children! :(

Well said!

Anyone who will not stand up for what is right should not expect anyone to ever stand up for them. Cowards

Bravo!! Why on earth wouldn't you be cooperative when there was a shooting? Thank the Lord that my girls were never involved in ANYTHING like this, but if they had have been, you could bet your behind they would have been as cooperative as they could have been with the police.

Hmm, I wish there was some sort of reward offered to find the piece of trash that shot me :angry:

I still find it so surreal that you were shot. Only people you don't know or have no contact are the ones shot, not people just doing laundry in their house. It's unbelievable...I guess no one is really safe and that sucks!

your right I did read that wrong...

:rolleyes:

**unbelievable** that with that many kids there, no one is willing to brave enough and speak up..

and I assume that most of them there were friends of the one that was shot..

wow some friends they are..

I'll bet when and if they find out about the reward they will step forward.

I was talking to my 16 year old about this, and he said he thinks they don't want to label "snitches". I told him that this was something that went beyond that, but he said that once someone is considered a "snitch" in High School, all social life is over! I can't believe that they feel this way but he said it is like a high school code.

BTW Even though my son is a student at Hiram he wasn't at the party and doesn't know the victim This was just his preception of why some people might not talk.

You know I was a single Mother when my oldest child graduated and could not afford any kind of Graduation Party for her but, I was soo proud of her and was ecstatic over her Graduating but, that Party(the party w/the shooting) was just, rediculous. WHY would anyone throw a party for that many people in a "home"???? Where would one expect all the people to park?? Where would one expect all these people to sit/stand or eat/drink??? Ridiculous, just ridiculous!!!!! Having a Party of that magnitude, in a residential setting is just STUPID!!!!! Sorry, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!! You are jut asking for trouble, having a party that big, letting it be known to sooo many people, brings the gangs and the thugs out. :wacko: :wacko:

They are URGED to contact Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS (8477) to file an "ANNONYMOUS" tip. A tip leading to an arrest AND indictment is eligible for a reward up to $2,000.00 through Crime Stoppers Atlanta.

WHAT PART OF THIS, DO THESE PEOPLE ""NOT"" UNDERSTAND???? ANONYMOUS MEANS THEY DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEIR NAMES.............WHAT ARE THEY WAITING ON?? THERE IS "NO" EXCUSE FOR THEM NOT TO GIVE THE INFORMATION "ANONYMOUSLY", NONE WHATSOEVER!!

Yeah, because no one would ever find out who they are. :lol: It annonymous. No way the kid could find out who ratted on him. :lol:

You people amaze me with how easy it would all be for you to "do the right thing". I suggest watching the movie of that same title - it may teach you that what seems black and white rarely is. ;)

Yeah, because no one would ever find out who they are. :lol: It annonymous. No way the kid could find out who ratted on him. :lol:

You people amaze me with how easy it would all be for you to "do the right thing". I suggest watching the movie of that same title - it may teach you that what seems black and white rarely is. ;)

If they are ever called before a Grand Jury it will become more than a question of doing the right thing! It will be "tell the truth or join the bad guy in jail"! They should just step on up and make things easier on everybody involved! What kind of world are we making for ourselves and our children when they are afraid to DO THE RIGHT THING??

Since you have moved, I suppose you are no longer one of us people... :lol:

Actually you are right Madea, there is a lot of assuming going on. This incident took place 3 houses down from where I live. There was a graduation party and there were a lot of people (friends and family) that were invited. The Hillcrest sub division is a small one and it was full of cars!! The party was quiet and orderly for the most part, until some uninvited people who were identified as and dressed like gang members showed up to "crash" the party. They were asked to leave, they refused, and that is when the fight erupted in the front yard, There were many high school kids at the house and lots of them were in the yard at the time of the incident. I didn't personally count them but my guess would be at least a couple of hundred people as there were a minimum of 100 extra cars in the sub-division lining the streets that isn't normally here.

It is my understanding from what my neighbors on either side of the party say, that there were a lot of people involved in the fight. When all the neighbors heard all the screaming and commotion of the fight, of course we all went outside to see what was going on. It was then the shots were fired.

The neighbor next to the house (2 down from ours) had his property taped off by the police as there were 9 shell casings in his front yard. After the shooting occurred the kids were scrambling all through out the sub division. The Police searched the wooded area all around the area but I personally am unaware of their findings. Then life flight was called in and landed in the lot across the street from our house to air lift the boy that was shot. I do know they questioned lots and lots of people and they weren't allowed to leave the area until everyone had been questioned. The police themselfs didnt leave until well after midnight.

Keep in mind folks.....any time you mix hundreds of kids at a high school graduation party, You can usually plan for some kind of trouble. Although this family are usually quiet and reserved not all of their friends may have been. And certainly not a bunch uninvited gang members deliberately there to crash a private graduation party. Mix that scenario with a touch of drugs and or alcohol (very possible, especially where gang members are involved) along with a full moon (which it was), then take into consideration of how some gang members are accepted and initiated into the gang, (you gotta pop a cap in someone to belong), and presto you got a recipe for disaster.

Did the young man die?

NO, he is expected to recover.

pubby

this from the SO:

Adults were present at the party when deputies arrived.

We did respond to a "loud party" call prior to the fight/shooting call. The call was prior to the county noise ordinance going into affect. No other criminal activity was suspected so no legal action was taken by deputies at that time.

The fight/shooting was dispatched at approx. 10:30 pm.

Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Investigates Shooting

(Paulding County, GA) The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating

a shooting incident that occurred Saturday, June 6 at 29 Hillcrest Court Hiram, GA 30141

involving an 18 year old victim. The victim was identified as Gregory Frasier of Powder

Springs, Georgia.

Deputies were dispatched to the scene in reference to a fight and shooting. The scene

was described by deputies as extremely chaotic. There were over 150 people on the

scene when deputies began arriving. The victim was taken by helicopter to an Atlanta

area hospital.

description and vehicle description are not available to be released at this time. The

Paulding County Sheriff’s Office believes someone at the party has more information

about the incident that may help confirm other information that is already under

investigation. They are urged to contact Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS (8477)

to file an ANONYMOUS tip. A tip leading to an arrest and indictment is eligible for a

reward up to $2,000.00 through Crime Stoppers Atlanta.

I am really baffled by this since I was told as well as all the other parents I talked to was told who these people were. This information has been given to the police.

I am really baffled by this since I was told as well as all the other parents I talked to was told who these people were. This information has been given to the police.

maybe you should call the Police to confirm they got the same information.

Edited by Grayce
How bad are "Gangs" in Paulding?!?!!?

The word on the street And behind the scenes is, there are the makings of atleast three!!!

oh don`t worry, the PCSO don`t want to alarm people,so you won`t hear much about them.

All of the crimes and attempted crimes on the Silver comet trail is not made public either,they don`t want you to become alarmed or stop using it!!!

Just listen to a scanner as much as i do,Or have as many friends and relatives in the right places.

HB.

The word on the street And behind the scenes is, there are the makings of atleast three!!!

oh don`t worry, the PCSO don`t want to alarm people,so you won`t hear much about them.

All of the crimes and attempted crimes on the Silver comet trail is not made public either,they don`t want you to become alarmed or stop using it!!!

Just listen to a scanner as much as i do,Or have as many friends and relatives in the right places.

HB.

It is scary what goes on that most people don't know about.