Paulding.com

Hey the good news is they are selling Hummer to a Company in China so soon we will be able to buy the H3 at the local Wal-Mart.

Wasn't the Hummer originally a military vehicle? Chinese got a bargain and we got the bill!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't the Hummer originally a military vehicle? Chinese got a bargain and we got the bill!!

The first one was, I don't think they make it for civilian use anymore and the gov't still owns the rights to the military one. The h2 and h3 are hummer's in name only - they are based on a the full size SUVs but have beefier suspensions. The rumor is it is a Chinese weapons company that is buying them - oh, and no bill, GM will be making a profit on the sale from what I have read.

The first one was, I don't think they make it for civilian use anymore and the gov't still owns the rights to the military one. The h2 and h3 are hummer's in name only - they are based on a the full size SUVs but have beefier suspensions. The rumor is it is a Chinese weapons company that is buying them - oh, and no bill, GM will be making a profit on the sale from what I have read.

You mean we aren't letting them keep the actual money to pay down on our debt? :unsure:

Yup - its why I drive an AMERICAN car. This isn't the 80s anymore - that excuse doesn't hold water.

Bunk. I have documented this here many times before. I've owned nothing but American vehicles since the mid-90s... Nine total... Chevrolet, Pontiac, Dodge, and Ford. ALL of them were incredibly unreliable, required constant expensive repair on top of normal maintenance, and stranded me dozens of times.

I have since switched to Japanese-engineered vehicles... One built in Japan, the other built in Ontario, both engineered in Japan.

They both have been flawless vehicles with zero problems well into their mileage, where the American cars had already been to the shop at least a few times by now.

Deny it all you want, but the American automobile engineering is centered on gadgets and gimmicks instead of true reliability. Sure, the Bose stereo system in our Corvette sounded GREAT. It kept us entertained everytime we waited for a tow truck to arrive.

I seriously doubt I will ever buy another American-engineered car in my lifetime. I have wasted too much money, time, and effort on them. They're not worth it.

And if they completely disappear because of it, good riddance to a crappy product.

Guest amazed
Bunk. I have documented this here many times before. I've owned nothing but American vehicles since the mid-90s... Nine total... Chevrolet, Pontiac, Dodge, and Ford. ALL of them were incredibly unreliable, required constant expensive repair on top of normal maintenance, and stranded me dozens of times.

I have since switched to Japanese-engineered vehicles... One built in Japan, the other built in Ontario, both engineered in Japan.

They both have been flawless vehicles with zero problems well into their mileage, where the American cars had already been to the shop at least a few times by now.

Deny it all you want, but the American automobile engineering is centered on gadgets and gimmicks instead of true reliability. Sure, the Bose stereo system in our Corvette sounded GREAT. It kept us entertained everytime we waited for a tow truck to arrive.

I seriously doubt I will ever buy another American-engineered car in my lifetime. I have wasted too much money, time, and effort on them. They're not worth it.

And if they completely disappear because of it, good riddance to a crappy product.

Very well said VoicesInMyHead.

If Obama gets his programs though we won't have any choice but to buy from Government Motors!!

I doubt the Chinese Hummer will make it to the states - too much lead paint.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt the Chinese Hummer will make it to the states - too much lead paint.

As long as they don't change anything and they make it here, it has a chance. Otherwise, the Chinese can't build a vehicle. The Japanese or Koreans, they ain't. I like driving a Hummer H3, it's like a bunker on wheels.

The Chinese were supposed to have a vehicle here now. It has been delayed over quality and safety issues. Them and the Russians with their Trabant. A diesel Trabant, now there's great ride :-P

The Indians were supposed to have the Mahindra here...a pick up SUV and regular SUV. Haven't heard anything recently.

The new GM ad campaign is right on target. They'll come out of this thing a stronger and more efficient company.

GM became a bloated and over-run company. They paid dearly for some poor product and labor decisions. One example was bringing the Saturn Astra to market. Unforseen market conditions blew this one out of the water. Nothing wrong with the car. In fact, it's one of the best made in the world. It's hugely popular in Europe as an Opel Astra. Problem was, it was built in Antwerp, Belgium. About the time they brought it to market here, the US dollar dropped in value and there was a severe trade difficiency, making it too expensive here. It's kind of hard to sell a $17,000 compact here. The dealers dumped the price late last year to move them off the lot and took a big loss in the process. There was talk of building the Astra here, but it's too late now. So, if you have a Saturn Astra, it may become a collector car.

There was too much duplication in the product line. They were essentially competing with themselves at times. For example, there are 4 nameplates for the GMC Acadia. Buick, Saturn and Chevy have one.

It costs a ton of money in marketing costs alone to run a division. So, I guess Pontiac is the odd man out. I shed a tear. I've had 7 Pontiacs in my lifetime. I was in a Pontiac showroom recently and saw a $41,000 G-8. I just can't see people paying that much for a Pontiac. Maybe a monster retro Trans Am or GTO. But not a G-8.

The upside is that GM has made great strides in technology in recent years. OnStar, advanced bluetooth and electric vehicles are some of the things that GM excels in. The Volt is coming and it will put the fear in OPEC. It's about time. They have a 6 cylinder hybrid that will blow the doors off anything else and still get phenominal mileage. This will make their SUVs more appealing. The Buick line will see some new models that will capture the public's fancy. Buick Scottish heritage will swell with pride.

GM will be back. It's an American company. Americans don't lay down and die.

:clapping:

I call BS. No one would buy car after car after 9 cars if this really happened.