Paulding.com

"Wishing Well For Paulding"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(ok, continued brief hijack)...was that Bluefield????????????????????????????????????? I went to college there for a while..oh and Marshall (yes we are Marshall), and WV State. (finished now) Please feel free to throw your money at MAR. ;) :D

Can't remember now if it was off of 55 west of Strasburg or 50 west of Winchester. It was one of those two.

I will also be glad to put my jar out at the Choi Kwang Do school on May 30th. We are having a kick-a-thon for St. Jude Children's Hospital that day and if people are already donating, they may as well make donations for the "wishing well" as well!

Can't remember now if it was off of 55 west of Strasburg or 50 west of Winchester. It was one of those two.

Can't remember either to be honest....but that is so cool!!

I will also be glad to put my jar out at the Choi Kwang Do school on May 30th. We are having a kick-a-thon for St. Jude Children's Hospital that day and if people are already donating, they may as well make donations for the "wishing well" as well!

Always donate to St. Jude's.....that's totally awesome! Thank you!

Dallas Dance will be glad to put one in the school. Details

I am thrilled to have you on board. A container that reads Wishing Well for Paulding and let them know all proceeds go to help those in the community. I will start a new thread with a list of locations that are participating at some point. thanks Frann

Woohoo! MAR, now we need a list, I mean one besides my kiddy pool in the driveway!!! :D

Keep going IB you are my new wing man/woman. I don't know which. thanks for all the help Frann

I like the new name. And as I already said ... I'll do everything that I can to help out. In fact, if you want to get me a large jar (or how cool if you could get a small wishing well) I'll put it out at the West Georgia Crafts event coming up.

That would be fabulous. If you want to stop by my business on Wednesday I can get some containers for u to use. thanks Frann

Thanks Beverly!!

Throw those cans at me ... I need them for a new project.

I can do that.....seriously if you need cans.

I am thrilled to have you on board. A container that reads Wishing Well for Paulding and let them know all proceeds go to help those in the community. I will start a new thread with a list of locations that are participating at some point. thanks Frann

Keep going IB you are my new wing man/woman. I don't know which. thanks for all the help Frann

Thank you!!! *bowing*...do anything for a good cause!!!

I don't have a bisiness but I will be glad to donate all the pennies I have here. Who is the closest to Burnt Hickory with a jar?

Don't know where that is...but I'd try to find it???

Shall we leave a trail of crumbs for you next time, IB? :lol:

You know me and directions!!!! LOL So...yes please?

Please give an acceptance speech!!!! :p :p

TADA!!! That is all...now get your change out there and make a difference. :D

I don't have a bisiness but I will be glad to donate all the pennies I have here. Who is the closest to Burnt Hickory with a jar?

Hey CamoChick are you at Burnt Hickory Road?? Anyway, I am right by East Paulding High School at pretty much the intersection of East Paulding and Mt. Tabor Church Road. So if you know where that is then that is where my jar is. Frann

Ok, so I'm thinking here...when CO comes by...she can throw money and I'll throw beer cans at her? :ph34r: :p

:o

If you throw cans, I guess I'll just need to collect them & turn them in for some additional $$.

:lol:

:ninja:

Ok...sorry, I coughed and here this is again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :ph34r: :D Now remember, I will seriously go and get a kiddy pool and let everyone throw coins in it. And then donate it. Both the pool and the coins.

& can I request the pool goes to the shelter while the money goes for the food? :p

Doggies are gonna get warm :(

MAR - Maybe this has been already posted, but you should come up with some sort of "banding / labeling" for all of these jars being put up around the area. Would help to have individuals see the connection between the jars and what is being collected and the connection to all of the business participating .... Just a thought.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok so where in Dallas can I drop them off Wed?

If you know where East Paulding High School is past it going toward New Hope and you will come to Mt Tabor Church Road. Make a Right on Mt. Tabor and then your very first right on Mae Drive. We are 103 Mae Drive Last driveway on the Left. Thanks Frann

If you know where East Paulding High School is past it going toward New Hope and you will come to Mt Tabor Church Road. Make a Right on Mt. Tabor and then your very first right on Mae Drive. We are 103 Mae Drive Last driveway on the Left. Thanks Frann

OK thanks I will try to get by there tomorrow.

:o

If you throw cans, I guess I'll just need to collect them & turn them in for some additional $$.

:lol:

:ninja:

& can I request the pool goes to the shelter while the money goes for the food? :p

Doggies are gonna get warm :(

MAR - Maybe this has been already posted, but you should come up with some sort of "banding / labeling" for all of these jars being put up around the area. Would help to have individuals see the connection between the jars and what is being collected and the connection to all of the business participating .... Just a thought.

Yes. I originally did attach one to the top of my post but that read pennies for paulding which we cant use but I tryed to delete it and wasn't successful doing it. I will tomorrow start another thread with the people participating and a label that they can download. Thanks for the input. Frann

WHOA!! WHOA!! I got a $7.00 donation. The largest one so far. Yea for me!!

Yes. I originally did attach one to the top of my post but that read pennies for paulding which we cant use but I tryed to delete it and wasn't successful doing it. I will tomorrow start another thread with the people participating and a label that they can download. Thanks for the input. Frann

Now that is awesome!!! :wub: :D

I'm so glad that other CM's are joining us in doing this Wishing Well for the Community Chest to help people who are truly in need. :wub:

There are several causes that I have been actively involved with and one still needs a lot of help ... Jeannie who is a Mother of 4 and is dying of Cancer that has spread throughout her body. She is home with hospice now as there is nothing else the doctors can do for her except keep her comfortable in her last days with her children. They still do not have enough money for the funeral and do not have the means to pay for it without having to somehow make payments. It is a very sad situation and they have just told the children that their Mother is dying a couple of days ago. The Grandfather (who is not in good health) is currently taking care of the 4 children, but is struggling to do that and it is very stressful for him.

Any money that is collected here at my Shop will be donated to the account to help pay for the funeral for Jeannie. I will continue to help this family in any way that I can. :wub:

Scarlet

I'm so glad that other CM's are joining us in doing this Wishing Well for the Community Chest to help people who are truly in need. :wub:

There are several causes that I have been actively involved with and one still needs a lot of help ... Jeannie who is a Mother of 4 and is dying of Cancer that has spread throughout her body. She is home with hospice now as there is nothing else the doctors can do for her except keep her comfortable in her last days with her children. They still do not have enough money for the funeral and do not have the means to pay for it without having to somehow make payments. It is a very sad situation and they have just told the children that their Mother is dying a couple of days ago. The Grandfather (who is not in good health) is currently taking care of the 4 children, but is struggling to do that and it is very stressful for him.

Any money that is collected here at my Shop will be donated to the account to help pay for the funeral for Jeannie. I will continue to help this family in any way that I can. :wub:

Scarlet

Scarlet, you are such a beautiful woman and a beautiful person. You just brought tears to my eyes.

:yahoo:

that is a great start on "pennies"!

I'm definitely looking out and will empty the change when I see the jars, saving up for when I don't :)

:ninja: looking for the IB spotlight for the pool throwing :ninja:

Scarlet, you are such a beautiful woman and a beautiful person. You just brought tears to my eyes.

Hey Scarlet, I agree for all of us to band together to help this family. I think all money raised right now should go to this cause. I think as we do raise money we all could get together and as the need arises to help those in need at that time. I will now right up a little note to put by my jar so those who want to donate will know what this cause is for at this time.

Hey Scarlet, I agree for all of us to band together to help this family. I think all money raised right now should go to this cause. I think as we do raise money we all could get together and as the need arises to help those in need at that time. I will now right up a little note to put by my jar so those who want to donate will know what this cause is for at this time.

So many causes. :(

Hi Everyone. We are fairly new to Paulding.com but have very much enjoyed reading what many have posted as well as watching and sometimes participating in the fund raising that goes in the Community Chest. I felt that I wanted to do more to help out those in need and decided to do collect change. What I have done is set up a container in our office that reads "Wishing Well for Paulding" and all proceeds will help those in need particularly those on Paulding.com Community Chest. Some may put only pennies but others have done larger coins as well as bills. I am hoping that other business will do the same and collectively we can make a difference. I already have Scarlet @ Scarlet Indulgence, Mickey from Oreilly Auto Parts said I can set a container at his Auto Parts store and also Peggy @ Allon Salon on board to help. As jars fill I would be happy to either collect them or if you bring them to me I will roll and keep track of all funds. I would like all businesses willing to participate to let me know that we can then tell all the people on P.com where locations would be if they would like to donate. Not only can we get the support of the folks on P.Com but the community as a whole. I believe pennies do add up and will make a difference for those in need. I will always keep you updated where funds go. I have seen so many generous hearts on here that I am sure those outside of Paulding.Com would be generous as well. This has been approved by Pubby for me to advise on the business forum. If you have any input or ideas please share them with me. There are a lot of people having hard times and I feel little by little we all can make the lives of others better.

If anyone has containers they could donate I would really appreciate that. Thanks

Thank You & God Bless YOu

Frann Marotti

(678)363-5004 :D

It has been brought to my attention that the south paulding school systems do a fundraiser pennies for paulding therefore I will come up with another name. It will be called Wishing Well for Paulding!! thanks IB

Any name ideas are welcomed.

I want to thank you for your efforts and wish you great success in this endeavor. I live (literally) right around the corner from you. If I can help in any way (picking up contributions, rolling coins, going to the bank or some basic bookkeeping),

let me know.

God bless,

Jim

Right back at cha'! :wub:

There are so many causes and if we take on one at a time, we can make a difference and then move on to the next one...this is just one that is very personal to me. I have been able to meet the family and I know how hard this is for them...not only preparing to lose Jeannie, but worrying about the financial part of her burial...it is too much for anyone to have to go through.

I will continue to do basket auctions to help other causes and help in any way that I can. God has been very good to Bruce and I through some very difficult times and I know that Frann and her DH have been through some of the same experiences and we all feel when we can give back to help, we do what we can.

I so appreciate all the support that we always get from everyone when we rally to help people...not just causes that I try to do, but all of the many causes on the Community Chest. It is because of all the support that we are all able to reach so many people and help so many causes. I is certainly a collective effort by all of us. :wub:

Thanks so much Frann for coming up with such a wonderful idea that will help so many people. You and Vinnie are both very kind hearted people and I am so thankful to have met you and call you friends. :wub:

Well, it is past closing time and I am closing for the evening. We won't have internet at home for another day or two, so good night everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful evening! (I'm actually enjoying no internet at home...or phone, just our cell phones...it is so quiet and peaceful...a nice break! :lol: )

Chat with you all tomorrow! ^_^

Scarlet