Paulding.com

Love the 2010 Camaro? Want to be a star?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, the 65 and 66 blue was called Nassau Blue and it was a different shade of blue. The 67 blue was Marina Blue. You have to see the two blues side by side to tell the difference.

Yep, his was a '66.

I do not want to be the first to drive the 2010 Camaro,

but this guy I married 25 years ago certainly would! Don't get me wrong, I think for myself it would be awesome, but for him it would be a dream come true. See when I meet this young man many moons ago he was the proud owner of a 1972 Camaro. We drove that beauty all over the place. Good times!! We took it on our first date, Prom, Wrigley Field, camping, drive in movies, everywhere. Which was fine with me because I owned a pretty sad GMC Hornet. He kept that car in perfect shape. We spent hours washing, waxing and polishing his baby. But we grew older and had to settle down a bit. Along with the drive ins and fast food hang outs went the Camaro. I constantly hear about how upset he is that he didn't keep that car. There have been several cars since then, even another Camaro, but nothing like that first one. When he heard they were going to stop making them he was saddened. I won't say he actually cried but it was by no doubt the end of a an era for him. When he heard about the 2010 he was very excited. The chance for him to get to see one is without a doubt a opportunity he will not miss. For me to win him the opportunity to drive one, would be, well, just the greatest. Circumstances being what they are, we weren't able to splurge on our 25th Anniversary, this would be something I could give to him that would hands down beat any thing I could purchase, well except perhaps a 2010 Camaro.

If I was going to suggest one person to do this it would be PSD, my reasons being he has prolly driven or been around most muscle cars from the time of there origin to now, ( no offense ) but He would be the one that has the expierience to compare the new to the old and would be very informative on his comparisons.

JMO..

If I was going to suggest one person to do this it would be PSD, my reasons being he has prolly driven or been around most muscle cars from the time of there origin to now, ( no offense ) but He would be the one that has the expierience to compare the new to the old and would be very informative on his comparisons.

JMO..

I like your thinking. There is an article in the latest Hemmings Muscle Machines regarding a test drive of the new Camaro. I'll be reading it this weekend.

If you have or know someone with a classic car please bring it by the Dealership on Saturday May 9th.

Will do - as long as it's not raining.

I suppose Hardy's will be a party-pooper and put a time and mileage limit on the test drive? And provide a chaperone, too?

The last Camaro I drove was my 69 SS that I bought new off the showroom floor at Gene Cable Chevrolet in Independence, MO. My mother paid for it, because she was absolutely sure I was going to kill myself in the C2 Vette I was driving. The Camaro would blow the doors off that 283 Corvette, but I didn't tell her. :p

This is my dream car since I was 13 years old I am now 39.I would love to drive this car soooo much I would have to buy it ,know doubt! my uncle had a 69 camaro, I dated a guy just because he had one.You don't understand how much this means to me!

Pubby, I have to be in Waleska by 5:30PM so I will miss the drawing. If I am fortunate enough to be drawn, I hope I can drive it another day. Thanks for the fun.

I would love to feel the rumble and drive the new Camaro. It looks to be an awesome car.. I have been watching the videos for this model and the convertible. I'm hoping it's a true manual transmission... that would be the cherry on the sundea. The new Camaro is a rolling piece of sexy art!!!
You Swipped my Kiss. Edited by Deltadawn