Paulding.com

Love the 2010 Camaro? Want to be a star?

camaroinvite1.jpg
PCommers! You're invited to the most exciting new car unveiling in Paulding history on Saturday, May 9th at Hardy Chevrolet

I was talking with Jason Benson at Hardy Chevrolet Wednesday and he is giving Pcom the opportunity to do the contest for the first three test drives of the new 2010 Camaro when they unveil this All-New All American classic on May 9th. To get a chance to win, you'll need to post your desire here.

And let me say, you really want to win this opportunity to drive the 2010 Camaro.

Prototypes of this car have already won major magazine comparisons with other pony cars hands down. The SS model - they'll have one display - features over 420 horsepower in a DOHC V-8 that gets 24 MPG on the highway. The V-6, which gets 29MPG on the highway, has over 300 HP and, according to Automobile Magazine, that is only about 10 HP shy of the 2002 Camaro Z28. Add in fully independent suspension, dramatic styling, six-speed automatic or manual transmission, side-airbags, 4-wheel disc brakes, those cat-eye headlights and you have one of the most technologically advanced cars on the market.

The way the contest works is that you need to post in this topic that you want to be the first to test drive the 2010 Camaro. The opportunity to test drive the new Camaro will be decided by raffle drawing.

To add to the excitement, there will be some classic Camaro's from the past on display as well as music and refreshments (See the invite.)

To win you will have to be at least 18 and you'll obviously have to have a drivers license. You will also have to be present to win so plan on being there

We'll be posting more pictures and video as we come up on the unveiling. The 2010 Camaro unveiling really is something special. We're excited about it. Win and you'll have have a story you can tell your grandkids. and if you win you'll be among the first folks to drive this exciting new car. Find out more about the car here.

pubby
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm first to say I want to drive it!!!

..... and was also one of the first to drive the new Mustang when they were delivered to Ford dealers. Was working as a car salesman there at the time... got pulled over for doing about 120 on a test drive.

Edited by ihave2dogs
...snip...

The SS model - they'll have one [on] display - features over 420 horsepower in a DOHC V-8 that gets 24 MPG on the highway.

...snip...

The LS3 is an OHV engine, not a DOHC engine. Research, PUBBY, research.

If the Camaro is sold at sticker price (ha-ha), it will be the bargain of the Century:

2009 Challenger SRT = 425 hp and MSRP = $40975

2009 Challenger RT = 375 hp(?) and MSRP = $30945

Both are about 4200 pounds

2010 Mustang Shelby = 525 hp 3900 pounds (2009) and MSRP = $48175

2010 Mustang GT = 315 hp 3483 pounds (2009 probably heavier in 2010) and MSRP = $31845

2010 Camaro SS = 426 hp 3860 pounds and MSRP = $31040

2010 Camaro LT = 304 hp 3741 pounds and MSRP = $24675

Source: kbb.com.

The SS Camaro's performance compares with the Challenger SRT/8 and is better than the RT, while being about 300 pounds lighter then either. It also stickers about $9000 less than the SRT/8 and about the same as the weaker RT. Note that the Camaro LT's performance compares with the GT's, but it stickers ~$7000 less than the GT.

The Shelby Mustang blows them all out of the water performance wise, but its cost is about 55% greater than the SS. $17000 will buy a lot of hp with gas and tire money left over.

Me and my family are very interested in the SS Camaro--we're suckers for fresh and obnoxious styling...and horsepower.

I would really love to test drive this car. Since I decided to get married as a baby and drive a clunker, I never got a cool car.... well, I'm having these second childhood desires and this car certainly brings them out!

Way to go with the contest!! :D

Although, I'd love the opportunity to drive a car that looks like a total knock off of Lightning McQueen. I can't imagine having to behave myself for 5 straight hours on a Saturday afternoon. Therefore, I'll be absent from the drawing. Should you all come to your senses, and pull my name out of the hat, I'll be visiting Henry at the tanning salon.

Ya'll have fun though.

I would love to feel the rumble and drive the new Camaro. It looks to be an awesome car.. I have been watching the videos for this model and the convertible. I'm hoping it's a true manual transmission... that would be the cherry on the sundea. The new Camaro is a rolling piece of sexy art!!!

I would love the opportunity to drive this BEAUTIFUL car. This car takes my breath away every time I see it. I could only imagine what it would be like to feel the power of the car. My brother had a 68 camaro and this is a throw back to that style only MUCH!!!!!! better!!!!!.

I would love to feel the rumble and drive the new Camaro. It looks to be an awesome car.. I have been watching the videos for this model and the convertible. I'm hoping it's a true manual transmission... that would be the cherry on the sundea. The new Camaro is a rolling piece of sexy art!!!

It is truly beautiful. I have driven a couple of the older ones and would enjoy this. I find it very interesting that the American automakers are designing the new sporty cars based on the styling of the 60s. I do know that there have never been cars as appealing as those that we had when I was a young guy.

I'm stuck in the 60s car wise and have yet to see anything built today that matches the styling, the raw power and the sheer pleasure of the 60s pony and muscle cars.

If I could make a list I would as my family is full of gear heads and serious car fanatics!! Iam letting my husband take my screenname for this one as it would be a dream come true! He has a 79 that he has worked on a restored, and it is beyond his "baby"!! I would love to see the look on his face sitting in this car!!!

OOOO Pick me! Reason being--- my hubby and I bought an 08 Pontiac G8 GT last July when it came out. HE got to test drive it and feel the rumble and the power, while I sat in the backseat. HE also gets to drive it to work everyday while I drive the same car I've had since high school! And guess who bought the car, yes youu are right, ME! But, he drives much farther than I do, so I can't complain!

WE have been considering this car for a while; but just to drive it would be a rush for me!

This car is incrediable. Even the v6 version will out perform many older v8 muscle cars. This car may be the one that saves GM. Mustangs beware the Panther is back! (Lets see how many real car people are out there and understand this reference)

This car is incrediable. Even the v6 version will out perform many older v8 muscle cars. This car may be the one that saves GM. Mustangs beware the Panther is back! (Lets see how many real car people are out there and understand this reference)

OK, the most recent use of "panther" was by Ford for the CV/GM platform. I remember the Camaro being called "the hugger" in late 60s advertising. I'll have to see if my old brain can remember "panther" in a Camaro use though.

OK, do you mean "Gorries Black Panther Camaros"?

67_Black_Panther.jpg

Hahaha! You made me google!

Please add me on this contest...I owned a 1994 and still wish i had the car. My family has always owned and drove chevys and I broke that commitment a while back when i bought my Jeep. I would love to brag to my dad by saying I got to drive one. Besides I have a new baby on the way and with having 3 kids I will never get to own one until they leave the house ^_^