Paulding.com

Attention Nintendo Wii Owners!

I am so relieved that Nintendo found a way to relieve their storage problem with the Wii...you can now launch Channels off of an SD Memory card!!!

You just need to open the small access panel on the front of your Wii and put an SD memory card in the allotted slot, and then go to your systems settings for data and choose the "move" option off of the channel save data.

Of course you need to update your Wii first...which only requires getting onto the internet and is totally free.

:yahoo:

Well now you don't have to worry about bogging down your system memory!

And I recommend world of goo, defend your castle (cartoon violence), tetris party, dr mario online RX (all wiware originals), and definitely check out the virtual console games as well for many of the old classics from regular, super, and nintendo 64 as well as sega, master system, neogeo, and more...they even added a "virtual arcade" section with some stuff from back in the day!

I love Nintendo :).

Well now you don't have to worry about bogging down your system memory!

And I recommend world of goo, defend your castle (cartoon violence), tetris party, dr mario online RX (all wiware originals), and definitely check out the virtual console games as well for many of the old classics from regular, super, and nintendo 64 as well as sega, master system, neogeo, and more...they even added a "virtual arcade" section with some stuff from back in the day!

I love Nintendo :).

We're just learning about our Wii, all this is available on line?

How do you pay for it? Do you have to open an account using the PC somewhere?

Thanks

SG

We're just learning about our Wii, all this is available on line?

How do you pay for it? Do you have to open an account using the PC somewhere?

Thanks

SG

The Nintendo Wii, by default, has the ability to access a wi-fi network, technically known as 802.11. You can buy an adapter here from the big "N" if you need to use a wired connection.

There are Nintendo Channels available for free through the Wii Shop Channel.

For other content like Virtual Console games (N64, SNES, NES, SEGA, etc.) and Wii Ware originals it is a pay-per-download service.

The channels for these games can then be moved to an SD card to launch from making the system capable of having a rather large library of retro and all original titles for the Wii.

For help connecting to the internet I would refer you to Nintendo's Support section of their site: Nintendo.com Support

...if you need any clarification on anything feel free to ask in this thread or PM me!

Thanks for the info. I will check this out later tonight.

The Nintendo Wii, by default, has the ability to access a wi-fi network, technically known as 802.11. You can buy an adapter here from the big "N" if you need to use a wired connection.

There are Nintendo Channels available for free through the Wii Shop Channel.

For other content like Virtual Console games (N64, SNES, NES, SEGA, etc.) and Wii Ware originals it is a pay-per-download service.

The channels for these games can then be moved to an SD card to launch from making the system capable of having a rather large library of retro and all original titles for the Wii.

For help connecting to the internet I would refer you to Nintendo's Support section of their site: Nintendo.com Support

...if you need any clarification on anything feel free to ask in this thread or PM me!

Cool.

I have it hooked up to our wi fi - I just haven't learned about the channels yet. Only game we have so far is the WII sports. We have a lot of fun with it, but haven't had the time to figure out what else we want.

I'll have to look at the Nintendo channel. I just select it while connected to my wifi right?

Cheers!

SG

Thats all it takes!

And the Nintendo channel is a great place to start looking at the different games out there...lots of videos of gameplay to see if its for you, and if you have a Nintendo DS you can actually download some Demo's to your DS from your Wii to try them out!!!