Paulding.com

Looks like Fire Station #11 is bidding again

It will be interesting to see the cost difference from the first bid that was about to get the rubber stamped approval by the (mostly) former BOC.

Is it still Hogan?? Just be sure you read the contract carefully if you get it. Make sure you get your payments on time. You can't file a lien on a government job. Find out who in the county will be handling the construction and be prepared to call if necessary. ;)

Is it still Hogan?? Just be sure you read the contract carefully if you get it. Make sure you get your payments on time. You can't file a lien on a government job. Find out who in the county will be handling the construction and be prepared to call if necessary. ;)

I don't work for them. They are right up down there with The Facilities Group and Choate Construction in my opinion.

Can you say cold day in hell?

I don't work for them. They are right up down there with The Facilities Group and Choate Construction in my opinion.

Can you say cold day in hell?

Amen brother!

LOL, that's where I was going but I was trying to be nice. We won't even accept invitations from them. We asked to be removed from their bidders list. GC's can't stand it when subs do that. :) Yep, Choate is in that category too. I could tell you some stories about Choate changing names of jobs and blacking out architects names for jobs. <_<

Feelip, I hope you can explain to Tommie Graham that a two bay station can house a rescue, engine and ladder truck. He couldn't seem to get that one last year.

I am betting Mr. Graham didn't just make a knee jerk decision on this fire station (like the former chairman and the commissioner for that district were hoping for). I am also confident that there will be a huge savings compared to the first proposal.

Seems to me an expandable facility would make sense in this county.

• 2 weeks later...
I am betting Mr. Graham didn't just make a knee jerk decision on this fire station (like the former chairman and the commissioner for that district were hoping for). I am also confident that there will be a huge savings compared to the first proposal.

Seems to me an expandable facility would make sense in this county.

:good: I don't know why folks can't understand that. The county is getting a new station that will be a VALUE, not a repayment of a political contribution at the expense of the taxpayer. Now if we just had the money to actually man the stations.........

Smart man, learned that lesson a long time ago, too. Sad thing is about 10 years ago they were a good company, not sure what happened. :unsure:

I personally have never had the pleasure, but one of the project managers I work with did a job with them a couple of years ago. Now we put their invitations to bid in each others mail baskets as a joke. A pain to work with and even harder to collect your money from.

Feelip, I hope you can explain to Tommie Graham that a two bay station can house a rescue, engine and ladder truck. He couldn't seem to get that one last year.

Cobb's station #1 houses that same equipment. Truck 1, Engine 1 and Rescue 1. ;)

The guy doesn't seem to be too bright. He was trying to make a case that the FD and DPS didn't know anything about the station and what it was being built to handle. It was old to Graham that there would be a ladder truck and he tried to make a case that there was an issue since it was a two bay station. Paulding station 1 is dual bay and has a rescue, ladder, engine and battalion commander vehicle.

The guy doesn't seem to be too bright. He was trying to make a case that the FD and DPS didn't know anything about the station and what it was being built to handle. It was old to Graham that there would be a ladder truck and he tried to make a case that there was an issue since it was a two bay station. Paulding station 1 is dual bay and has a rescue, ladder, engine and battalion commander vehicle.

You would be amazed at what they cram int Cobb station # 8! I think it is 5 bays. It has Engine 8, Truck 8, Haz mat 8 and the Hazmat trailer, 900 command unit, PDs bomb squad and boat, PDs armored car. Man I do not even know what I've missed. I do not get out there all that often.

Come on now freebird, you're just pissed because you didn't get your way. :lol:

Maybe you prefer having a crook running the show, I don't.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I went back to the BoC meeting minutes. Back in 10/2008 station #11 was tabled again after Hogan submitted a $1,394,819 bid. I remember the Hogan representative telling the commissioners that that price tag included everything - including concrete required by the heavy equipment.

The BoC awarded a contract to Hogan in 1/09 for $1,275,000. Additional contracts are in the BoC working agenda for 7/14/09. They include $77,572 for grading & drainage, $99,447 for paving, and $75,352 for concrete work. Assuming these contracts were awarded (I have not viewed the BoC meeting yet) the price tag for the former $1,394,819 bid now totals $1,527,371. Sweet!!

I went back to the BoC meeting minutes. Back in 10/2008 station #11 was tabled again after Hogan submitted a $1,394,819 bid. I remember the Hogan representative telling the commissioners that that price tag included everything - including concrete required by the heavy equipment.

The BoC awarded a contract to Hogan in 1/09 for $1,275,000. Additional contracts are in the BoC working agenda for 7/14/09. They include $77,572 for grading & drainage, $99,447 for paving, and $75,352 for concrete work. Assuming these contracts were awarded (I have not viewed the BoC meeting yet) the price tag for the former $1,394,819 bid now totals $1,527,371. Sweet!!

That must be the extra cost for the ladder parking Freebird :lol: By the time it's over the price will be even higher. But I'm sure Tommie and company can work with the figures and save us even more money!

Hopefully the current administration will learn to get away from design/build and go back to design/BID, Build.

They were played like a fiddle!

I agree.

You get what you pay for and sometimes not even that. ;)

• 4 months later...

as an updated, station 11 began taking calls 12/1/09.

A needed service for the NE end of the county for many years, my home area now has service of two stations that are less than 6 miles drive time, which is very good news.

I'm excited that it's open! Do you know anything about the library that is supposed to be there? TIA

I have not watched the BOC meetings much this year, so I don't know if it is in the works or not. I doubt it at this point since its construction would most likely be from SPLOST funds.

Also, the grand opening of PCFD Station 11 is 12/8 at 4:00.

I have not watched the BOC meetings much this year, so I don't know if it is in the works or not. I doubt it at this point since its construction would most likely be from SPLOST funds.

Also, the grand opening of PCFD Station 11 is 12/8 at 4:00.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking our fire station will be the one on 61. We live on that end. I'm guessing that one is still open!??