19 replies to this topic

#1 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

If you got the Kraft catalog today, those potatoes with cheese and bacon were awesome! biggrin.gif

Edited by Boss Hogg, 17 March 2009 - 10:42 AM.

And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#2 lollipop

lollipop

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Madea @ Mar 16 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those potatoes with cheese and bacon were awesome! biggrin.gif

I saw it in there, but no bacon for this vegetarian. I guess the rest of the family would enjoy it! I could add the bacon to it after I get some potatoes out for myself. I really enjoy getting that magazine. Every season I try a couple of new recipes when I'm bored with food or when I'm hosting guests. It's fun!

I still like making the peppermint hot chocolate that was in there last year.

#3 Madea

Madea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

I used turkey bacon, that's all we use now. It was good. The kids liked it, and it was a different twist from the usual mashed potatoes with our meatloaf.

You add the bacon at the end, so you could get some for yourself.
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#4 doggies3

doggies3

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

I love that magazine! So many good recipes in it! Yum! Thanks for letting us know about the potatoes with cheese and bacon.
~doggies3~
1 "meanie" pin, 1 poodle and 1 Dorkie

Rest in Peace Sadie Mae 2/18/11 I will love you forever Bigun
Rest in Peace Walker 5/31/11 I will love you always Little Man

#5 Madea

Madea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (doggies3 @ Mar 16 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that magazine! So many good recipes in it! Yum! Thanks for letting us know about the potatoes with cheese and bacon.

I love that they are so easy. cool.gif And, kid friendly. biggrin.gif

#6 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:54 AM

Hey Madea when you make the cheesecake trifle on the front let me know and I'll help you eat it!!!!

#7 brandywine

brandywine

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Mar 17 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Madea when you make the cheesecake trifle on the front let me know and I'll help you eat it!!!!

That trifle looks soooooooooooooooo good!

I love how easy the recipes in that book are.

One of our favorites is the sweet and sour meatballs!

#8 blessedby2

blessedby2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

i made the lemon cake with the pudding in the middle and cool whip frosting last night. IT WAS GOOOOOOOOOOD

#9 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 17,002 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:29 AM

Guess I missed out. I didn't get one............but sounds like I should!

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#10 *Topic Closer*

*Topic Closer*

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Madea @ Mar 16 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those potatoes with cheese and bacon were awesome! biggrin.gif

I hardly ever get my kraft mag sad.gif What's the recipe? I want it!

#11 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,811 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

I love the Kraft magazine... I try receips all the time out of there..

Madea the one you mentioned is great.

and you had meatloaf? dang my invite must have gotten lost meat loaf is my favorite food LOL

with green beans, cole slaw yummy
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#12 Madea

Madea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

Here's the KRAFT site if you want the online recipes, you can also order the magazine to be delivered to your home. I've been getting it for years, and love it!

Digital version

Sorry I missed ya LR, we don't have meatloaf very often because my husband isn't a big fan, but me and my son really like it, so it was on last night. laugh.gif I try various meatloaf recipes to find one my husband will like. Funny you should mention cole slaw, that's the first thing he asked for that I didn't make last night.

Try the link, SS, you can get the recipes online or delivered at home.

#13 thewitch

thewitch

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (brandywine @ Mar 17 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That trifle looks soooooooooooooooo good!

I love how easy the recipes in that book are.

One of our favorites is the sweet and sour meatballs!

hey did you like any of the books I gave you biggrin.gif
Behind every *itch is the man who made her that way
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.

#14 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Madea @ Mar 17 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the KRAFT site if you want the online recipes, you can also order the magazine to be delivered to your home. I've been getting it for years, and love it!

Digital version

Sorry I missed ya LR, we don't have meatloaf very often because my husband isn't a big fan, but me and my son really like it, so it was on last night. laugh.gif I try various meatloaf recipes to find one my husband will like. Funny you should mention cole slaw, that's the first thing he asked for that I didn't make last night.

Try the link, SS, you can get the recipes online or delivered at home.

Did you try the meatloaf in the Kraft book with stove top stuffing and barbq sauce?

#15 Madea

Madea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Mar 17 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you try the meatloaf in the Kraft book with stove top stuffing and barbq sauce?

I did. It had a good flavor but was a wee bit dry. I'd try it again though. (Because it was quick and easy. laugh.gif ) I didn't put the BBQ on the top (because my husband can't stand the "cooked ketchup" on the top, so I was afraid to risk the BBQ sauce. Then, he asked why I didn't do that. dry.gif laugh.gif

#16 onlythelonely

onlythelonely

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

I love that magazine and have gotten it for a couple years now. I read on another msg board that they might not be sending them out anymore since they were now charging for them. (It says $3.95 on the front cover ohmy.gif ) So I was really happy to get one! No good coupons in this latest edition though. Normally there are great q's...like free salad dressing or whatever. That potato recipe DOES look good! And so does that dessert on the front cover. Mmmm. biggrin.gif

#17 *A*Scott

*A*Scott

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (tuscanytrailer @ Mar 17 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, TT but that does not EVEN sound good. blink.gif

Where can I sign up to have it delivered to my home??? TXS.

Edited by *A*Scott, 17 March 2009 - 11:36 AM.

#18 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (onlythelonely @ Mar 17 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that magazine and have gotten it for a couple years now. I read on another msg board that they might not be sending them out anymore since they were now charging for them. (It says $3.95 on the front cover ohmy.gif ) So I was really happy to get one! No good coupons in this latest edition though. Normally there are great q's...like free salad dressing or whatever. That potato recipe DOES look good! And so does that dessert on the front cover. Mmmm. biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's going to be by subscription only now. Mine came in a plastic wrapping with a letter attached explaining that. There was also a subscription form to fill out and mail back. It was something like $5.99 per year.

#19 rolltidesteph

rolltidesteph

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

I used to get the magazine but all of a sudden stopped getting it. I need to sign back up for it. Can you post the potato recipe?
"...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

#20 UpgradedToPlatinum!

UpgradedToPlatinum!

One Day At A Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,308 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

I used to get it for free, too, and when I looked at the website just now, they want $12 a year. I guess that's really not bad...if there's 12 issues. And you get a free cookbook. smile.gif
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics