Paulding.com

Pcom News interview with former Chairman Jerry Shearin

Discuss the live interview with Chairman Jerry Shearin here.

You can click on paulding news in the top left hand corner of the recent topics page to watch the live interview that is going on now!

If you have a question for Jerry the number to call is at the bottom of the screen!

I have a question.

why is it so hard to get the county to pave a dirt road? ir makes more sense to go ahead and pave the road instead of the county having to come out 10-12 times a year more if we have a lot of rain,

Because each time they come out, they have to scrape the road, then haul gravel in..

so wouldn;t it be cheaper to pave the road instead of the county coming out as many times as listed above, with their heavy equipment and loads of gravel?

I have a question.

why is it so hard to get the county to pave a dirt road? ir makes more sense to go ahead and pave the road instead of the county having to come out 10-12 times a year more if we have a lot of rain,

Because each time they come out, they have to scrape the road, then haul gravel in..

so wouldn;t it be cheaper to pave the road instead of the county coming out as many times as listed above, with their heavy equipment and loads of gravel?

I agree. Aren't they spending more in the long run keeping gravel on them?

I have a question.

Job Security?

(sorry, could not resist!) :p

Oh Hush LOL

I think LPPT posted that they had problems but they should be working by now...

oh and if by chance he answers my question someone will have to let me know what he says. since I live on public dirt road (that is used by the county school busses, and postal truck,) but yet we can not get the road paved, or cable, or water ran on this road..

I can not view the interview, I am still on dial up...

so someone let me know what he says

Oh Hush LOL

I think LPPT posted that they had problems but they should be working by now...

oh and if by chance he answers my question someone will have to let me know what he says. since I live on public dirt road (that is used by the county school busses, and postal truck,) but yet we can not get the road paved, or cable, or water ran on this road..

I can not view the interview, I am still on dial up...

so someone let me know what he says

He did answer it, basicly he said that there are so many requirements to building a paved road these days that it is much cheaper to keep up the gravel

Paving a road to make it easier on school busses, and postal service and not to mention the people who live on the road, has to be cheaper then coming out as much as the DOT does with this road.

How much does it cost to pave all these parking lots that are now sitting empty because of the stores going out of bussiness?

HOw much did it cost to pave that new airport ?

feelip:

Watch the video and you'll see Jerry Who? Really, he announced it that he changed his name to Jerry Who? during the video :)

pubby

I have to wonder why Jerry had the foresight to recommend a hiring freeze and he had the foresight to be able to tell the small-time builders that they should slow down but around that same time he was pushing for a school bond like the growth would never stop.

Seems like the video started while the interview was already in progress. Did Jerry speak about fire station 11 and why it was stonewalled all last year?

Did Jerry mention what he is doing now?

An interesting report - thanks for setting it up.

Seems like the video started while the interview was already in progress. Did Jerry speak about fire station 11 and why it was stonewalled all last year?

Did Jerry mention what he is doing now?

An interesting report - thanks for setting it up.

Yes freebird, we talked about that briefly in an earlier session, the recording of which was lost. (We're still figuring the realities regarding the Ustream product._).

What he said is that he felt there was a deal with all the members on the commission and they decided to do different priorities first on that basis. The 'deal' ... gentlemen's agreement lets say ... fell through and Jerry said he regretted not doing some of these things earlier in the year and that was one of the specifics.

He did decline to say who supposedly reneged.

pubby

Yes freebird, we talked about that briefly in an earlier session, the recording of which was lost. (We're still figuring the realities regarding the Ustream product._).

What he said is that he felt there was a deal with all the members on the commission and they decided to do different priorities first on that basis. The 'deal' ... gentlemen's agreement lets say ... fell through and Jerry said he regretted not doing some of these things earlier in the year and that was one of the specifics.

pubby

I'm sure hoping it was my commissioner. :lol: That's what I pay him to do and that's why I campaigned for him.

Anyone that is that concerned about a fire station, should buy in a part of the county that HAS a fire station?

pubby

My hats off to Commissioners Ragsdale, Powell and Graham. They voted against awarding the contract. Already this term they have approved this contract with a considerable savings to the taxpayers. This is what all 5 commissioners were voted in to do. Provide services to the taxpayers with honesty, openness and accountability.