Paulding.com

Being a Get Low Extra

Arrived at 5:00am got home at 8:00pm. All the people on the set were really nice. Got to meet Robert Duval, Bill Murray, and Gerald McRainey. I saw Sissy Spacek up close at the end of the day, she looked tired and didn't really seem interested in being there.

The wardrobe lady, Julie or Julia? she was like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I tried to take her picture with Robert Duval and she pointed her finger in my face and said "No pictures, I do not have my picture taken" Yikes! she scared me. She could part the red sea with her presence!

Bill Murray was very cordial and funny, he kept everyone entertained while we waited for the next shot.

The hardest part was standing in line in the cold at 5:00a and not knowing how long you would have to wait. By the time we got to the "tent" it was 10:00a. The people I met standing in line were so positive, no one complained. Hey, we chose to be there so why not make it fun. I met a woman named Danita from West Cobb, thanks Danita, you are one fun person to hang out with.

Got to head off to work, thankfully only for 8 hours !

Arrived at 5:00am got home at 8:00pm. All the people on the set were really nice. Got to meet Robert Duval, Bill Murray, and Gerald McRainey. I saw Sissy Spacek up close at the end of the day, she looked tired and didn't really seem interested in being there.

The wardrobe lady, Julie or Julia? she was like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I tried to take her picture with Robert Duval and she pointed her finger in my face and said "No pictures, I do not have my picture taken" Yikes! she scared me. She could part the red sea with her presence!

Bill Murray was very cordial and funny, he kept everyone entertained while we waited for the next shot.

The hardest part was standing in line in the cold at 5:00a and not knowing how long you would have to wait. By the time we got to the "tent" it was 10:00a. The people I met standing in line were so positive, no one complained. Hey, we chose to be there so why not make it fun. I met a woman named Danita from West Cobb, thanks Danita, you are one fun person to hang out with.

I thought her name was Jennie....if its the same lady I adored her :wub:

Oh, I'm so glad you all had fun!! I kept seeing the shuttles going back and forth yesterday. I was excited for everyone! I would have liked to go, but I don't think I could chase my 2 year old at Pickett's Mill haha

Stacey

DH said it was fun; but, he is never doing it again. He had to be there both Wed. and Thurs. He calls the wardrobe lady the inspector.

The thing that aggevated him the most was that the extras kept getting on the cars, in the cars, proping on the them and trying to sit on the fenders. He could not understand why the lazy butts would be there and have such disrespect for privately owned cars that were worth many, many, many thousands of dollars. His mint car ended up with a two inch scrath on the fender and Dallas Collision only wants $10,000 just to paint the fenders. We went at day break this morning and got the car and it is now safely in the garage.

DD loved in. She could not make it yesterday and one of the crew even called to find out where she was. He says they are going to be filming a pilot for a sticom and wanted to know is she is interested.

Julie, the wardrobe lady, was a complete TRIP! But I loved her. Everyone on set knew EXACTLY who Julie was.

No matter what anyone thought of her, they'd have to admit she's incredibly good at what she does. Everyone there looked so authentic, and she was in complete control, right down to the last detail, of the costumes of HUNDREDS of people. If even one little detail of ANYONE'S costume changed in ANY way, she K NEW it and called you on it. Absolutely incredible.

And that's why she's won Academy Awards for her costuming work. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the scratch. Truthfully, the production people should have made it clear to everyone that the cars were OFF LIMITS, but they didn't all three days, until nearly the end of the day yesterday. All they had to do was to make it CLEAR before they shuttled everyone out there that the cars were not to be touched. It could have helped to prevent something like that from happening.

I have a little story about Julie, even though a lot of people seemed not to like her. As long as you followed her rules, she was really very nice.

I was talking to this woman yesterday, and I noticed the neat little handbag she was carrying. She told me that it was Julie's Grandmother's purse, and Julie had given it to her to carry. The woman's granddaughter had looked inside the bag and found several items, including an old nail file in a covering case, three business cards from an NYC dressmaker from 1938, and 4 unused 1 cent stamps from 1938. The woman took the items to Julie, knowing that she must not have known they were in there. The woman's granddaughter had done Internet research on the stamps, and on the dress shop and verified their location and timeline. When she took the items back to Julie, Julie offered her one of the business cards for her granddaughter to keep. The woman told Julie, "No, those were your grandmother's--you should keep them. But she'd love one of the stamps." Julie tore the stamps in half, and gave her TWO of them for her granddaughter.

So, she's as tough as she was because her reputation is at stake in the work she does. But underneath that gruff exterior was a really nice person. I thought she was great! And someone that anyone who has ever dealt with will never forget!