Paulding.com

Please be very careful.....

Just a heads up for everyone taking your kids to school and the teenagers/teachers going towards North Paulding High School - there is a very bad ice patch on Harmony Grove Church Road headed down the hill to McClure Middle and Burnt Hickory Elementary. People were sliding like crazy going down and people were trying to get back up the hill and had a very hard time because of the ice. Buses were sitting and looked to be having a hard time getting back up the hill. It was scary. Please, everyone be careful. As I was leaving the middle school, the DOT looked to be salting the roads (at 8:15). I took the back road home and it seemed to be ok.

Theres also some ice patches in front of SPMS in the parking lot where the children get out of cars. I was surprised the school system didn't salt it to prevent a child from falling and getting hurt.

Just a heads up for everyone taking your kids to school and the teenagers/teachers going towards North Paulding High School - there is a very bad ice patch on Harmony Grove Church Road headed down the hill to McClure Middle and Burnt Hickory Elementary. People were sliding like crazy going down and people were trying to get back up the hill and had a very hard time because of the ice. Buses were sitting and looked to be having a hard time getting back up the hill. It was scary. Please, everyone be careful. As I was leaving the middle school, the DOT looked to be salting the roads (at 8:15). I took the back road home and it seemed to be ok.

Great. Just great. <_<

Great. Just great. <_<

That's exactly what I thought too.... I almost saw a wreck right before my eyes. This poor lady was trying to make it up the hill and kept sliding backwards almost into the car behind her. Who actually determines whether or not the schools should close or be postponed for a couple of hours and do they actually get out to ride the roads to determine?

That's exactly what I thought too.... I almost saw a wreck right before my eyes. This poor lady was trying to make it up the hill and kept sliding backwards almost into the car behind her. Who actually determines whether or not the schools should close or be postponed for a couple of hours and do they actually get out to ride the roads to determine?

That is the same patch of road they had closed down all summer so they could get that water line fixed, right? When we were in the summer drought water was just free flowing across that road for about a year. And it's still not fixed.

It would have been GREAT if a SO patrol had ridden out checked that spot out during the night. Oh well, sucks to be us on this side of the county.

Way to go spreading salt at 8:15. How freakin thoughtful.

This is one for the "you know you're in Paulding" thread.

That is the same patch of road they had closed down all summer so they could get that water line fixed, right? When we were in the summer drought water was just free flowing across that road for about a year. And it's still not fixed.

It would have been GREAT if a SO patrol had ridden out checked that spot out during the night. Oh well, sucks to be us on this side of the county.

Yes, it's the same stretch of road. I know that the rest of the roads may have been ok but to sit and watch cars/ and a few buses spin tires and try to get up the hill was scary. It had traffic backed up and I saw a daycare van dropping kids off at Burnt Hickory after 8 so I hope they didn't count the kids late for school.

Hubby had a dentist appointment at 7:30. He slid, and almost wrecked at Braswell Mountain Road/Mountain Road, because of ice.

A car wrecked at the same spot around 8.

Water always runs across the road there, when it rains. The county had worked on it numerous times! I wish they could figure out something to do there that would keep people safe!

Hubby had a dentist appointment at 7:30. He slid, and almost wrecked at Braswell Mountain Road/Mountain Road, because of ice.

A car wrecked at the same spot around 8.

Water always runs across the road there, when it rains. The county had worked on it numerous times! I wish they could figure out something to do there that would keep people safe!

Is that not the very worst spot (right in that curve) for ice, besides?

I took 278 to work this morning because there's always a sheet of ice that covers the road completely at that spot when the temp drops below freezing. Always. Been that way since I moved up there; nothing they do seems to make a bit of difference, either.

FYI- The entire Paulding Transportation Department has been at work since MIDNIGHT Sunday Night salting and sanding roads, for morning travel..... Can they be at every side street or back road at the same time NO, they sanded/salted the main roads bridges and intersections first then the back roads/side streets. So LET UP on these folks that were working and COLD while you butt was sleeping in your warm bed...... ;)

FYI- The entire Paulding Transportation Department has been at work since MIDNIGHT Sunday Night salting and sanding roads, for morning travel..... Can they be at every side street or back road at the same time NO, they sanded/salted the main roads bridges and intersections first then the back roads/side streets. So LET UP on these folks that were working and COLD while you butt was sleeping in your warm bed...... ;)

It's the MAIN ROAD to the 3-school campus. It's not our fault they put it on a backroad. It's not like SO doesn't know it's out there, they all show up when North plays the Patriots at home. Other than that we don't see them much around here. And it's not like Paulding DOT does not know that there is a problem there, either.