Paulding.com

Any news on whether or not schools are open tomorrow in Paulding?

I live in Cobb and I am a monitor on a special ed bus and I have been looking on WSBTV website and nothing yet.... I wish they would tell us tongiht so I won't have to get up at 4:30 in the morning!!!! :p

Look outside. Four hours ago snowing. Now, sun is lurking and snow is gone. The roads should be perfectly ready for school bus.

LOL...we are in Georgia..we have closed schools for a lot less than this before:) I am not saying we SHOULD close them, but if we are not clsoing them, I am going to sleep in a bit in the morning with my son:)

I have been watching the news and so far Paulding county schools are still open but they are talking about the possiblity of ice when the temp. drops and this rain and mess freezes over so they may be closed by tomorrow morning.

LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR NO SCHOOL!!!

LOL...we are in Georgia..we have closed schools for a lot less than this before:) I am not saying we SHOULD close them, but if we are not clsoing them, I am going to sleep in a bit in the morning with my son:)

I agree we have closed schools for a whole lot less

WHEN THERE IS ICE ON THE ROADS....

THERE ARE A LOT OF SIDE ROADS THAT THE

DON'T HAVE LOTS OF TRAVEL & STILL HAVE SNOW

AND THE WATER IN THE ROADS COULD BE ICE NOW....

DONT YELL AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WASNT EVEN TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2:

DONT YELL AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WASNT EVEN TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2:

That person was not yelling at you. That person always types in caps. It explains it on every reply.

The thing about a public forum is that it's for everyone.

That person was not yelling at you. That person always types in caps. It explains it on every reply.

The thing about a public forum is that it's for everyone.

Yes, I agree a public forum is for everyone, but I was addressing a particular comment made by an individual. How can Tess answer for someone else?

My bad in thinking Tess was yelling, I apologize for that. I did not see the comment that you have now pointed out to me. Thank you for doing that.

I would still like to know when "they have closed schools for a lot less" before. I grew up attending Paulding County Schools and have been driving a school bus here for 6 years. I have never known the schools to be closed unnecessarily. I know how and when the decisions are made to close.

I would still like an answer from the 2 previous posters who stated schools have been closed for a lot less before. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have a tendency to be defensive toward negative comments about my employer and the school system that educates the majority of our county's children. I trust them to make the right decision about whether or not buses should be on the road tomorrow. They would not ever endanger my life, my child's life, nor any of your children's lives. We have to remember that they have children and other loved ones on these buses too. Safety is the #1 concern of the people making the decision and they will err on the side of caution every time. :wub:

The school USED to close more when I was growing up, because there were more dirt roads and rural areas (and we used to get more snow) I don't know if they will or won't but as much as it rained/snowed there will be standing water in some areas. Main roads will be perfectly clear, but not ALL roads are main roads. We still have many back roads and low lying areas. There may be standing water or wet areas that freeze. I doubt school will be closed for teachers/staff, but there is a chance students will not report if some areas are icy. I just hope they are thorough with checking all roads before the decision is made.

I grew up in Polk county and our schools were closed many times for what I perceived as senseless. There were rural road in some mountainous areas where water draining across the road would freeze causing very dangerous conditions for just a couple of school buses but they canceled school. Just because the drive way is clear doesn't mean the whole county is dry.

Public advice: (1) don't wear you feelings on your shoulders. (2) Don't take things so personally. Sometimes it takes TWO posts to get a point across. (3) Never read into someone's intent and react. Just ask again. :p

I DID NOT SAY THAT IT WAS WRONG TO CLOSE...BUT I HAVE LIVED IN PAULDING FOR 36 YEARS AND MY BIL & SILS WERE STILL IN SCHOOL WHEN WE GOT MARRIED.

SO THE BUSES WERE A CONCERN OF OURS FOR YEARS..ALSO MY DD WENT TO PC SCHOOLS FOR 13 YEARS & MY NEICES & NEPHEWS & GREAT NEPHEW ARE STILL IN SCHOOL

SO OUR FAMILY STILL KEEPS UP WITH BUSES ..ONE OF THE BUS DRIVERS USE TO CALL WHEN SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED, HE WOULD CALL ABOUT 6 & THEN EVERYONE COULD

GO BACK TO SLEEP...AND YES THERE WERE A LOT OF DIRT ROADS WHEN MY DD WAS IN ELEM. SCHOOL IN THE 70'S & 80'S....AND IT IS A DECISION THAT SHOULD AND

I AM SURE IS CLOSELY WATCHED AND SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN & THE BUS DRIVERS IS THEIR MAIN CONCERN ....AS IT SHOULD BE....BUT I HAVE SEEN THE SCHOOLS BE

CLOSED FOR MORE THAN ONE DAY WHEN IT WILL START TO THAW & THEN REFREEZES OVERNITE FOR SEVERAL DAYS..THE BLACK ICE IS A MAJOR PROBLEM...

I ALMOST GOT HIT AS AN IDIOT TURNS INTO THE DRIVE & KICKS IT & ALMOST HITS ME....HE GOT OUT OF THE RUTS & HIT THE ICE THAT WAS ON THE SIDE OF THE DRIVE

AND STARTS SLIDING....I WOULD HAVE HATED TO GET OUT & KICK HIS @SS....IT WOULD HAVE RUINED MY DAY.... B)