The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Who said that?

I have forgotten.
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#2 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

I found it. It is a quote from Gale Brook Burket. In total she goes on to say what I am putting here. "I do not ask to walk smooth paths nor bear an easy load. I pray for strength and fortitude to climb the rock-strewn road. Give me such courage and I can scale the hardest peaks alone, and transform every stumbling block into a stepping-stone."
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#3 Grayce

Grayce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Walking Tall @ Feb 28 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found it. It is a quote from Gale Brook Burket. In total she goes on to say what I am putting here. [i]"I do not ask to walk smooth paths nor bear an easy load. I pray for strength and fortitude to climb the rock-strewn road. Give me such courage and I can scale the hardest peaks alone, and transform every stumbling block into a stepping-stone."[/i]

That is so true Eddie!
Sometimes I just want to be left alone.........And sometimes I don't!

Georgia is always on my mind......Dawg Fan, Falcons on Sundays and Hawks on the nights they play and I can't leave out the Braves.......love them all EXCEPT Tech...lol

#4 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

What makes a quote, from someone, a thing to remember? smile.gif

#5 Grayce

Grayce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Walking Tall @ Feb 28 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for myself, it is something I beleive in, feel or have felt. Sometimes it can be a happy or a sad thing......

Georgia is always on my mind......Dawg Fan, Falcons on Sundays and Hawks on the nights they play and I can't leave out the Braves.......love them all EXCEPT Tech...lol

#6 Grayce

Grayce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

As for myself, it is something I beleive in, feel or have felt. Sometimes it can be a happy or a sad thing......

#7 Grayce

Grayce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

#8 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Grayce @ Feb 28 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you remember these quotes, but you can't remember who said all of them, why do some people accuse you of plagiarism? Not only that, but the ask you to look up who said that, instead of looking it up themselves?

I sometimes feel like I have already done them a good deed, but some will ask me to do more work while they wait for my answer.

#9 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Walking Tall @ Feb 28 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you remember these quotes, but you can't remember who said all of them, why do some people accuse you of plagiarism? Not only that, but the ask you to look up who said that, instead of looking it up themselves?

I sometimes feel like I have already done them a good deed, but some will ask me to do more work while they wait for my answer.
ignore the negative, WT.
Here's one I love:
Information's pretty thin stuff unless mixed with experience.
Clarence Day

"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#10 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Moxie! @ Feb 28 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ignore the negative, WT.
Here's one I love:
Information's pretty thin stuff unless mixed with experience.
Clarence Day

I have adapted some sayings as being very important in my own life, Moxie! I have not heard them all, but I do not trouble myself to remember who said some of them, because I feel that what was said was more important to my own well being. I, nevertheless, have been accused of plagiarism. This aggreviates me, when I am trying to help someone.

But, you are right. All I have needed to do was to ignore the negative.

Thank you, so much, Moxie! smile.gif

#11 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Walking Tall @ Feb 28 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have adapted some sayings as being very important in my own life, Moxie! I have not heard them all, but I do not trouble myself to remember who said some of them, because I feel that what was said was more important to my own well being. I, nevertheless, have been accused of plagiarism. This aggreviates me, when I am trying to help someone.

But, you are right. All I have needed to do was to ignore the negative.

Thank you, so much, Moxie! smile.gif
I love famous quotes. Sometimes I do remember who said them because I think the story of their life makes the quote even better.
As far as the negative, just let it go everytime you hear it. I think, unless it's constructive, it is actually bad for your health to hang onto it. So, let your body be treated by your doctors, heal and get better by holding onto the positive.

"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#12 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Moxie! @ Feb 28 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love famous quotes. Sometimes I do remember who said them because I think the story of their life makes the quote even better.
As far as the negative, just let it go everytime you hear it. I think, unless it's constructive, it is actually bad for your health to hang onto it. So, let your body be treated by your doctors, heal and get better by holding onto the positive.

Are you an eternal optimist, Moxie?

It is certainly better to be that way. I watched a movie, with Anthony Hopkins, who was an eternal optimist. I think the movie was called The Legend, but don't hold me to that. Mr. Hopkins was one rich man that I liked.

He was stranded with two other men, in a remote wilderness, because of an air plain crash. He survived the ordeal, while the other two men perished. He even killed a Grisly bear with a wooden spear.

But, he held a lot of good old sayings as his ways and means of survival. I loved that movie, but I cannot remember it's name, for sure.

Some rich people did not get rich from inexperience. But, I hate the Mexican Drug Cartels, and I hate the Burnie Madoff's of this country. smile.gif

Edited by Walking Tall, 28 February 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#13 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Walking Tall @ Feb 28 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you an eternal optimist, Moxie?

It is certainly better to be that way. I watched a movie, with Anthony Hopkins, who was an eternal optimist. I think the movie was called The Legend, but don't hold me to that. Mr. Hopkins was one rich man that I liked.

He was stranded with two other men, in a remote wilderness, because of an air plain crash. He survived the ordeal, while the other two men perished. He even killed a Grisly bear with a wooden spear.

But, he held a lot of good old sayings as his ways and means of survival. I loved that movie, but I cannot remember it's name, for sure.

Some rich people did not get rich from inexperience. But, I hate the Mexican Drug Cartels, and I hate the Burnie Madoff's of this country. smile.gif
I LOVE that movie, WT! I own it and you're welcome to it anytime, by the way, just let me know. And I have been accused of being an eternal optimist. I dont wanna live in lala land but listening to the negative is so toxic.
My favorite line in that movie is when the grizzly is approaching Hopkins. Alec Balwin asks, "what are you gonna do with that stick?" Hopkins replies, "I'm gonna kill the m%$#@# f&*^%$". Talk about an optimist!

#14 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Moxie! @ Feb 28 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I LOVE that movie, WT! I own it and you're welcome to it anytime, by the way, just let me know. And I have been accused of being an eternal optimist. I dont wanna live in lala land but listening to the negative is so toxic.
My favorite line in that movie is when the grizzly is approaching Hopkins. Alec Balwin asks, "what are you gonna do with that stick?" Hopkins replies, "I'm gonna kill the m%$#@# f&*^%$". Talk about an optimist!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He killed him too, didn't he?

I loved that movie, Moxie, but I've already seen it three times. That poor old man that the bear ate, alive, was in a state of shock when he died.

My favorite saying was "what one man can do, another can do."

Edited by Walking Tall, 28 February 2009 - 08:20 PM.

#15 Nolongerhere

Nolongerhere

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

wub.gif
Moved on to a more positive and enriching environment =)

#16 Kebbyann

Kebbyann

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

This is my favorite quote

"Life is not about learning to weather the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
--Author Unknown

#17 GO*BAMA

GO*BAMA

In War, Everday is Memorial Day! SEMPER FI!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

"Have a belief in yourself that is stronger than anyone else's disbelief." I have no idea who said either. I also like this - it's not so much of a quote but a speech.

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss...good, not evil...success, not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it!" ~Paul "Bear" Bryant~

What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
Sometimes love has to drive a nail into it's on hand!

Posted Image Posted Image In honor of my cuz who's serving in Iraq! [size=1][color="#4169E1"]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics