Paulding.com

The Paulding.com News for Thursday, February 27, 2009

Ooops... and I'm fixing it as I speak.

When I went to render the show, I didn't adjust the 'end marker' to cover the entire show. It ends right now just after the Get Low interview.

I'm going to leave it up and will have the program fully rendered and ready to go in less than an hour. You'll just have to come back to view the reports on the commission and the flag ceremony at New Hope Cemetery.

pubby

I just got a call from Cid Swank, publicist for the movie Get Low and the producer, noting that weather on Wednesday is expected to be nice ... and Sunday ... not nice with even a chance of snow ... has postponed the shooting schedule for the BIG PARTY until Wednesday.

The original plan, disrupted by the weather, called for the production company to shoot the big scene where literally a thousand or more extras are sought on Sunday.

With snow possible Saturday night and quite cold weather also expected, the producers have changed their shooting schedule and will not be asking the public to join in the party until Wednesday, when temperatures are predicted to moderate and a couple of days of dry weather will eliminate mud as an issue.

Ms. Swank was clear that the production company will be shooting scenes on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as originally planned but, with the hopes that hundreds of folks will come in period costume just to enjoy participating in the making of this movie, nice weather is critical to getting a good turnout.

Ms. Swank, who is a member her, said that she would be posting to confirm this report later this evening.

pubby

Greetings!

I am the publicist for the movie, "Get Low."

Due to weather, we have pushed our big 'Funeral Party' scene to Wednesday, March 4.

Those that have already been fitted in appropriate wardrobe and in contact with our extras casting, will follow instructions from their contact at extras casting. Those are the people that might have been asked to show up as early as 3:30am.

Those that would like to be part of the fun, or as Pubby calls it 'The Party,' need to arrive by 5:30am in their 1930s wardrobe and hair as if they are indeed going to an outside party that takes place in rural America. We plan to start shooting by 7:30am, but need the time to make sure everyone looks like they would in 1937 as well as place them in the field amidst tents, cars and other stuff.

We are hoping for as many as 1000 people will join us for the fun.

There will be free food, free drink and raffled prizes and the bluegrass band, Steeldrivers, and all of this will be a part of the scene.

Please check the website for most up-to-date information at www.getlowextras.com

Smiles,

Cid Swank

That is great!

Hopefully it will bring plenty of people out to help make your production a success.

I am looking forward to the experience myself.

I have been taken in by some friends to make sure I am properly costumed.

Thank goodness! :D

Hey, Y'all,

Wanted to let you know that some of the raffled prizes will be a flat screen television. Once I know the exact type will let you know.

Again, go to www.getlowextras.com for updates regarding this coming Wed., March 4.

Smiles,

Cid Swank

Welcome to Paulding .com. As you can tell we are excited to have you shoot a movie in our County! We hope you will keep us up-dated as to when we will get to go watch the movie on the Big Screen.

The media blitz is on to get as many of you who live in the metro Atlanta area to be a part of our movie this Wed., March 4.

Tomorrow, March 2, you can read more about the movie at www.ajc.com in the Living section or buy the paper. Robert Duvall, Bill Murray & Sissy Spacek sat down with journalist Rodney Ho yesterday afternoon to talk about "Get Low" as well as tell him about their passion for this project. It's highly unusual for actors of their status and experience to speak to local press, but they did it because they want to invite EVERYONE to be in their movie since it is indeed a very special project to each one of them.

In addition, Robert Duvall will be doing a phone interview with the Regular Guys at FM100.5 at 7:35am. Be sure to tune in to hear how he handles those rascals!

Even in that bad snow earlier today, production was setting up signs, portable toilets and getting ready for the crowds that we hope join us on Wednesday!

This is coming together as one fun, fun, fun event for ALL!

Smiles,

Cid Swank

Here's link to more info about the movie on www.ajc.com

http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content...logs_movie_talk

Regarding how long you need to be with us, we need you to arrive by 5:30am so you can be registered (that is, if you show up in period costumes). We hope to begin shooting around 7:30am.

Since we are aiming for as many as 800 of you all to be in the scene (and we gladly invite more!), it takes time to transport you from the Drag Strip area where they will be registering to the field where we have placed old cars, tents, podium, bandstand, barbecue grills and other such stuff to make it look like this party taking place in Depression-era rural America. Again, we suggest you dress warm since the early morning is cold and then the day warms up.

We hope that you will stay with us for 8 hours, through lunch if possible, and are really hoping you might hang with us all the way to 5pm.

We will have plenty of hot coffee, hot tea and other beverages as well as free food.

Again, thanks for your interest! The cast and director are getting excited for this big day of filming when the weather will FINALLY be beautiful!!!

Smiles,

Cid Swank

:D

Here's link to more info about the movie on www.ajc.com

http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content...logs_movie_talk

Regarding how long you need to be with us, we need you to arrive by 5:30am so you can be registered (that is, if you show up in period costumes). We hope to begin shooting around 7:30am.

Since we are aiming for as many as 800 of you all to be in the scene (and we gladly invite more!), it takes time to transport you from the Drag Strip area where they will be registering to the field where we have placed old cars, tents, podium, bandstand, barbecue grills and other such stuff to make it look like this party taking place in Depression-era rural America. Again, we suggest you dress warm since the early morning is cold and then the day warms up.

We hope that you will stay with us for 8 hours, through lunch if possible, and are really hoping you might hang with us all the way to 5pm.

We will have plenty of hot coffee, hot tea and other beverages as well as free food.

Again, thanks for your interest! The cast and director are getting excited for this big day of filming when the weather will FINALLY be beautiful!!!

Smiles,

Cid Swank

:D

If we have "Hand Props" from that era... ex: Camera, flask, etc

Should we bring them?

TIA

If we have "Hand Props" from that era... ex: Camera, flask, etc

Should we bring them?

TIA

I am afraid Cid may not be aware of the sense of humor some :ninja: p.commers have.

We all promise to behave!

CC tell her you will behave :rofl:

My apologies for not responding to you all sooner. We have a lot going on and the Internet suddenly became slow at my hotel because all the people staying here seem to be online at the same time!!!

YES, if you have props that you think fit the time period, consider bringing them! Just know that you are responsible for them and you don't really want to carry that much with you that might get lost.

Please know that NO flash photography will be allowed. Even if it is the 'old-style.'

It will be warmer tomorrow, but it is DEFINITELY bitterly cold in the morning. I cannot deny that now that I have been there 3 days in a row and tomorrow will be the 4th. Wear your long underwear, bring those extras socks and gloves.

Also, if you make it first thing in the morning at 5:30am, please know that there may be some slight delays. Be patient, be patient, be patient. Those of you that are running 15 minutes late-- still come!!! If you are running 60 minutes late, then know you have 'missed the bus.'

We want you ALL to enjoy this experience and we appreciate you making the effort, but from where they will register you and then transport you to the set, it's going to take some time. Bring a book, a magazine-- and if you do bring a camera, please know that while they are 'rolling,' those cameras must be hidden away.

I noticed today that bringing some extra tissues, due to the cold in the morning and then in the afternoon, might also be appropriate.

It's going to be fun, but the weather might make it a little challenging. We have food, drink, toilets and even medics around to ensure your comfort as we film this 'party' outdoors.

Everyone is excited about tomorrow because YOU are the stars. You will see our cast, that's for sure, but the cameras will be on YOU!

Get some sleep-- that's what I'm about to do (after I speak to my husband in California).

Smiles,

Cid Swank :D

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Many of us are looking forward to having a wonderful experience with you and all the crew in the morning!

Thank you for the advice, I personally will be layered in the morning.

We are all hoping for a successful day tomorrow as I know the cast is and looking forward to returning to sunny California soon.

There will be breakfast right B)

Thank you to ALL who showed up today!!! I understand that some people were turned away... WE are very sorry about this!

If you arrived after 6:30am, we discovered that we did not have enough 'extra wardrobe' to fit you properly to be in the scene.

But just so you know, we SHOCKED the filmmakers with the response we got to our 'Open Casting Call' which required people to show up in their own 1930s wardrobe. Yay!

Still, I'm sorry to hear that some were turned away despite their valiant efforts to 'look 1930s.' They key was/is to get to the place EARLY.

However, if you happen to read this tonight (sorry for my late response; it's been a hectic day), please try again (if you are willing to brave the early morning cold) from 5am - 6am to be one of our 'promotional extras'-- Free food and drink still applies.

Please see http://www.getlowextras.com for more information.

Smiles,

Cid Swank

I was there yesterday!! It was a long day. Got there at 3:45AM and signed out at 6:30PM.....I now have a new appreciation for what goes on behind the scenes in a movie. They crew doesn't get enough credit. Especially when trying to get through wardrobe.

I don't know if every set has a "Queen Wardrobe Designer" like Julie, but buddy she could crack the wip!!! When she walked in the door, her presence spoke it all! You didn't mess with her at all.....

All in all, it was a great experience. I was amazed at all the people that were there from out of state. They even had agents that sent them there and were not even getting paid. Heck, I lived 20 minutes away and got paid for it. I couldn't imagine going all day like that and driving home 4 or 5 hours and not getting paid. I guess I don't have a love for the business like they do.

Pubby, I saw you yesterday, but didn't speak because I didn't want to blow my cover on p.com.......

Also, who was the black man that is playing in the movie? It has drove me crazy. He has played in tons of movies. I got my pic made with him.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did!!!!!

Edited by Tahoe

We were commenting on that (Laurie and I) about how silent the pcommers were. We knew there were at least 20 if not 100 or more that were involved as free extras and I knew of at least a handful that were, like you, paid for your presence.

Wish you had stood out though ... we were looking for someone to interview live on the set and everyone seemed to hide ... even Oscar, Southern Scarlett and Ihave2dogs ... were no where to be found when we needed an interview. (I did get one.)

pubby