Paulding.com

Want to be in a MOVIE as and Extra!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FIL took the A-model over (confederaterose DH) and the Car and Himself will be in the Movie........Their Car will proberly be the 1st car in line he was told :wub: I hope I did not get him in more than he wanted :unsure: I guess I could tell you it's a 31 Vicky

He will love it, he is a Fun Person!

BTW if you attend the car shows in Dallas you will see the car and the Papers they give him for it. I'm excited for the both of them. (MIL-FIL) They love their Car!

LPPT - If what was posted above is true, you will be so far in the background that your coat would work. Just think if they are trying to recreate 10,000 people what you might see on camera...just the color. So I think you're good on that score.

Not sure about the hat either.

Do you have a straighter skirt/dress in a darker color? (that is mid calf or so?)

Here's a link to creating finger waves. Clicking the orange text at this site will take you to additional pages with illustrations and such.

And here's another site that gives instructions for both pin curls and finger waves.

Thanks Tabby...I'll look at those.

LPPT - If what was posted above is true, you will be so far in the background that your coat would work. Just think if they are trying to recreate 10,000 people what you might see on camera...just the color. So I think you're good on that score.

Not sure about the hat either.

Do you have a straighter skirt/dress in a darker color? (that is mid calf or so?)

Thanks Tabby...I'll look at those.

Nope I am short, long skirts look like a midget sprouted feet on me, I will check the thrift stores tomorrow.

I just thought I found something neat to do with a family heirloom with the hat, it was nanny's.

Surely I can find something easy enough to blend into the background.

When long coats were mentioned I remember getting rid of mine when we moved down here.

Nope I am short, long skirts look like a midget sprouted feet on me, I will check the thrift stores tomorrow.

I just thought I found something neat to do with a family heirloom with the hat, it was nanny's.

Surely I can find something easy enough to blend into the background.

When long coats were mentioned I remember getting rid of mine when we moved down here.

:lol:

I didn't mean to make fun of your Granny's hat. I just couldn't imagine having that hanging out in my closet!

I also have NO intentions of going completely without makeup. I'm going for a very subdued makeup...which is pretty much what I always wear anyway.

If you're short and in the background, I can't see why the length of your coat would matter. No one will see your legs.

:lol:

I didn't mean to make fun of your Granny's hat. I just couldn't imagine having that hanging out in my closet!

I also have NO intentions of going completely without makeup. I'm going for a very subdued makeup...which is pretty much what I always wear anyway.

If you're short and in the background, I can't see why the length of your coat would matter. No one will see your legs.

I will dig something up, yeah the old hat hangs out in my treasure room downstairs.

My dad is so funny he will pull me aside, and say don't tell your sisters but your aunt was going through some things and I think this is what you call your treasures, would you like to have it.

I use to have a lot of clothes from the 30's- the 50's packed away at my mom's at one time, but she threw them out.

I still have one from around the turn of the century.

My granny wore depression era clothing everyday on the farm until she passed in 85.

3:30 AM...A.M. did I say A.M????

Cold....Very cold....possible snow showers,

Hours of hair prep and searching for a 'costume'

NO pay, but all the hot coffee you could want.....

And, you might not even make it past the cutting room floor.

hmmmm...have fun!!

See y'all at the movies :lol:

Ok the hat and coat beloned to my grandmother, I thought it was around that period.

I will look in the attic, I don't have any button down shirts or long skirts cause I am short.

Dang just dang! I wanna go, but I'm not sure if I want to shop to go :lol:

Can you buy wool in the south :rofl:

OK THIS IS NOW THE POSTER FOR WHAT WILL NOT WORK :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

actually, I read on the site that furs would work.

Someone find out when this movie will be ready for all to see. And will it be at movies or on tv.

Weatherboy.

this will be a Theatrical release ... and the producer actually points to it being an 'important' movie. He suggests later this year is when it will be released. They do have a good cast and given the quality of the projects under the belts of the key folks, the movie could well be a 'contender.'

Now Weatherboy, the big question is the weather going to make it hard or make it easy.

I see where folks are talking about snow showers ... but the forecast I saw suggests that is more a Saturday night thing with only a 20 percent chance of rain on Sunday. Given we're supposedly in a drought and the weather is moving out Sunday morning, I suspect the naysayers don't realize that the scene's production schedule - the scene being depicted is the actual 'funeral' where the 10-12,000 or so folks showed up. They've already delayed it for a day and I'm sure they are worried about it, they'll delay it again as the cameras don't like overcast skies. I further believe that if the forcast changes, they'll postpone the shoot again.

I'm personaly not worried about the rain as I know that since the script does not call for it, it won't be there when I want to be there. (I.e. if it is raining on Sunday, there won't be shooting ... if it is as predicted partly sunny to sunny ... then it is not raining : )

pubby

Ok this is what I found in my closet, pretty sure the hat and coat are from that era, I will work on the hair that should be easy with mine.

I need feedback as to whether this is the correct era, and if it be to much for what they are looking for.

I may have to shop if not.

money002.jpg

LPPT- they do want skirt/dress lengths to be mid-calf. That skirt is pretty close to mid-calf. If you have a long wool coat, you'll be set. I'd not wear the hat but would part your hair on the side, fingerwave it all the way down (gel works best for holding the hair in place...not mousse or thinner styling products), next morning brush it out and letting it lay naturally...no lifting for volume.

If you walk out of the house feeling kind of matronly instead of fashionable, then you've probably hit the nail on the head! :)

LPPT:

Here's the line from the site where they mention furs:

The good news is that many basic articles of clothing worn then can still be found today: jeans, overalls, denim jackets, furs, dark men’s suits of conservative cut.

As far as the hat LPPT ... there were some pretty weird hats back then and since. I think you'd look fine with the hat and the worst they'd do is say, lose it.

Oh, and as far as the 'pre-approval' ... the deal is that most of those who have been pre-approved as extras are the 'core' extras that are being paid to attend. The rest of us (including me) are just showing up for a party, some prizes and for the fun of it.

As far as my pre-approval, I just happened to be wearing what I normally wear (the hat I think made the difference). My golf shirt was out of place but the jacket I was wearing, while not the 'same style' as the jacket worn by the client in Chinatown, was similar.

I'm also looking at TCM (A river runs through it) and it was also set in the 30's. Lots of good period costumes.

For other ideas. check Annie (also set in the 30's) as it would be a source of good for ideas for kids (wanted). It is available on Comcast On Demand. Chinatown (Faye Dunaway, Jack Nickelson) also set in the 30's is "on demand". To Kill a Mockingbird is also set in the depression era south and is on demand. Each of those movies would give you a general idea. Really dress was not dramatially different except no one wore white or light colors (except men's shirts) before Easter or after Labor Day.

pubby

I don't post here often, but I am planning on being there. I've got my clothes all picked out. I have a pair of dark brown (almost black) corduroy pants (yes I spelled it correctly) off-white shirt and leather jacket. I am borrowing a fedora, so hopefully this will place me closer to the front. Look forward to meeting some people from P-com! Thanks to Pubby for posting this info, or I'll have never seen it.

By the way, I have a picture of my grandfather and great grandfather in my office from that period that was taken as they were walking down Peters St. in Atlanta. The hat I'm borrowing looks very similar to the ones they are wearing!

Mandy Ann, I got the impression that A-Models are welcome, so long as they are original, or if rodded, not to the point that it would be obvious from the exterior. The only problem I see is that the rules says they must be there by 8AM today. I am not sure how strict they are on that since filming is not until Sunday. The only way I know to find out, is to take the car over there.

I will warn you that there are a couple of things that stressed my DH. First the car has to be driven down a walking trail with only minimal room and he did not want any scratchs on the car. The other thing is, you have to leave the car until 3-2. They did say they have 24 hour security.

Once DH husband showed up with car, he was advised to be at wardrobe at 3:30 AM. That is car would be the first in line and that he would be standing by the car.

Mandy Ann, I got the impression that A-Models are welcome, so long as they are original, or if rodded, not to the point that it would be obvious from the exterior. The only problem I see is that the rules says they must be there by 8AM today. I am not sure how strict they are on that since filming is not until Sunday. The only way I know to find out, is to take the car over there.

I will warn you that there are a couple of things that stressed my DH. First the car has to be driven down a walking trail with only minimal room and he did not want any scratchs on the car. The other thing is, you have to leave the car until 3-2. They did say they have 24 hour security.

Once DH husband showed up with car, he was advised to be at wardrobe at 3:30 AM. That is car would be the first in line and that he would be standing by the car.

So, a Movie star in the Family! :wub:

I just got a call from Cid Swank, publicist for the movie Get Low and the producer, noting that weather on Wednesday is expected to be nice ... and Sunday ... not nice with even a chance of snow ... has postponed the shooting schedule for the BIG PARTY until Wednesday.

The original plan, disrupted by the weather, called for the production company to shoot the big scene where literally a thousand or more extras are sought on Sunday.

With snow possible Saturday night and quite cold weather also expected Sunday, the producers have changed their shooting schedule and will not be asking the public to join in the party until Wednesday, when temperatures are predicted to moderate and a couple of days of dry weather will eliminate mud as an issue.

Ms. Swank was clear that the production company and staff will be shooting scenes on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as originally planned but, with the hopes that hundreds of folks will come in period costume just to enjoy participating in the making of this movie, nice weather is critical to getting a good turnout.

Ms. Swank, who is our newest member here, said that she would be posting to confirm this report later this evening.

pubby

O.K. "mmmmmmm" it looks good to me , Black skirt needed, Longer skirt, no flair, straight, below the knee, for anyone needing clothes, "Goodwill" in Douglasville will be a good start or "The Been"

Ok this is what I found in my closet, pretty sure the hat and coat are from that era, I will work on the hair that should be easy with mine.

I need feedback as to whether this is the correct era, and if it be to much for what they are looking for.

I may have to shop if not.

money002.jpg

Guest Oscar

I attemped pin curls last night, just a couple around my face.

Here's what I look like after taking them out...

afro.jpg

:rofl:

SERIOUSLY!!! I have natural wave in my hair .... so I think I will just work with what I got.

afro.jpg

SERIOUSLY!!! I have natural wave in my hair .... so I think I will just work with what I got.

Oscar...seriously...that's exactly what *I* looked like after my first attempt at pin curls!

Here's the latest info from the web site:

IMPORTANT CHANGE AGAIN AS OF MARCH 2ND -- --- NOW

DUE TO WEATHER -- OUR BIG SCENES WILL BE WEDNESDAY MARCH 4TH AND THURSDAY MARCH 5TH

*****THERE IS A SMALL OF GROUP OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY AS WELL AS SOME SPECIFIC EXTRAS THAT HAVE BEEN CALLED THAT WILL WORK TUESDAY MARCH 3RD AT 5AM*****

EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE JOIN US WEDNESDAY!!!

afro.jpg

LOL.... :rofl: