46 replies to this topic

#1 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Word is he has put his name in the running at 2 different schools to be their new head coach. He is already a finalist for the Sequoyah job after interviewing again today.

#2 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (bball @ Feb 5 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Word is he has put his name in the running at 2 different schools to be their new head coach. He is already a finalist for the Sequoyah job after interviewing again today.

Careful now. There is one poster on here that will call you a trouble maker for posting this. rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

~~Just so you know, GNAT is spelled with a G and not a K~~

Disclaimer: I look nothing like my avatar...

#3 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,772 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

If that is true I wish him the best of luck...
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#4 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

If he is and gets the job.. then I wish him well! smile.gif

#5 bookreader

bookreader

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

Same rumor, different day. Look back at last year this time.....exactly the same stuff said. Maybe he is going...good luck to him if he goes...but...oh whatever.

#6 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Last year he was runner up for the Colquitt County job. Its not a rumor when he's actually going to the interviews.

Edited by bball, 05 February 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#7 luvtennis5

luvtennis5

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:26 AM

I wish Coach Reid good luck where ever he goes. Hate to loose him at EP, but he has done a great job with those kids. He has got to do what he's got to do.....

#8 smy34

smy34

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:40 AM

Recently another coach from a northern school district asked me what's going on with Paulding County athletics...simple answer...I told him that we did not support county wide in a way that shows we want to compete...that was his assesment also...we must do a better job in acquiring good coaches for our student athletes....I really do not see anything but a major shortage in the coming years due to pay.....and most of all.....administrators piling it on the coaches......

#9 AIRBORNE MOM

AIRBORNE MOM

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (smy34 @ Feb 6 2009, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently another coach from a northern school district asked me what's going on with Paulding County athletics...simple answer...I told him that we did not support county wide in a way that shows we want to compete...that was his assesment also...we must do a better job in acquiring good coaches for our student athletes....I really do not see anything but a major shortage in the coming years due to pay.....and most of all.....administrators piling it on the coaches......

Will you please clarify the bolded part? What is getting piled on the coaches?

As far as pay, the previous head football coach made damn good money to coach and sit in the ISS Room. wink.gif
On The 8th Day God Created The Paratrooper And
Hell Cried..... "AIRBORNE!!"

#10 SOUP

SOUP

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

Has anyone heard that EP Coach Reid was leaving for a head coaching job at a high school in Cherokee County? Or is it just a rumor?

#11 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (SOUP @ Feb 6 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone heard that EP Coach Reid was leaving for a head coaching job at a high school in Cherokee County? Or is it just a rumor?

So far all that has happened is he has applied for and went to two seperate interveiws for the opening at Sequoyah high (he is one of 7 finalists), school along with probably a couple others. If he offered the position he might leave. Can't blame him for seeing what is out there and possibly improving his pay or status.

It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#12 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Rest easy Raider fans, word has it that Sequoyah is down to two finalist for the HC job and Reid isn't one of them. It will probably be Coach Teeter from Dunwoody who gets the job.
George Orwell

#13 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

biggrin.gif clapping.gif I hope he stays a few more years
Posted Image

#14 fanaticraiderfan

fanaticraiderfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Feb 7 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rest easy Raider fans, word has it that Sequoyah is down to two finalist for the HC job and Reid isn't one of them. It will probably be Coach Teeter from Dunwoody who gets the job.

there are also some rumblings from a school in tennessee as well......if coach goes--good luck to him and his family.if he stays---good luck with the east program next year!!!!!

#15 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (AIRBORNE MOM @ Feb 6 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

Will you please clarify the bolded part? What is getting piled on the coaches?

As far as pay, the previous head football coach made damn good money to coach and sit in the ISS Room. wink.gif

I don't think people realize how little coaches are paid. Several years ago, I was an assistant coach in a nearby county and was paid 1,000 dollars. Divide that 1,000.00 by 12 months and figure in the length of your day, which goes beyond the 2 hour practices. I often had to wait until almost 7:00 pm until the kids were picked up by a parent. Then I would go home, choke down dinner, and then grade papers, and plan lessons. I'd get 4-5 hours sleep, get up and start the day over again. In addition, if a child is hurt while you're coaching and you're found negligent, you can lose your teaching license. This was at the middle school level and high school ball is almost a year-round commitment. Add in the time away from your spouse and family and it is not worth it. When your young and single, it may be, but honestly I didn't think it was. with the impending budget cuts, I suspect they are being asked to do even more. Unless you have an administration supportive of coaches and committed to winning, its not worth the time.

#16 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

Sorry to disapoint you bball, But Coach Reid is staying at EAST. You must have something personal against him or the EAST football program or somthing . So I am calling you out on it this time , How about me and you meet face to face and deal with all your crap you keep giving our football program. Its easy to hide behind you key board and throw rocks. Lets see if you can take the heat in a real one on one conversation and be done with all your childish crap or will you still cower behind your key board. PM me and lets lay it on the table brother because the EAST FOOTBALL FANS ARE SICK OF COWARDS LIKE YOU DOWNING OUR PROGRAM! bomb.gif

Edited by nativeson1, 08 February 2009 - 02:01 PM.

Support Paulding Schools

#17 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (SOUP @ Feb 6 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a rumor, Coach Reid is staying at EAST FOR SURE. So tell all your buds at NPHS that he will be around for a while biggrin.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#18 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a rumor, Coach Reid is staying at EAST FOR SURE. So tell all your buds at NPHS that he will be around for a while biggrin.gif

That is great news!!! yahoo.gif

Edited by MeWhoElse, 08 February 2009 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image

#19 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (MeWhoElse @ Feb 8 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is great news!!! yahoo.gif

It is not a rumor that he interviewed twice. It is a fact. But, looks like he will not be selected at the other school. That is good for us. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

Edited by methyl1, 08 February 2009 - 03:17 PM.

George Orwell

#20 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to disapoint you bball, But Coach Reid is staying at EAST. You must have something personal against him or the EAST football program or somthing . So I am calling you out on it this time , How about me and you meet face to face and deal with all your crap you keep giving our football program. Its easy to hide behind you key board and throw rocks. Lets see if you can take the heat in a real one on one conversation and be done with all your childish crap or will you still cower behind your key board. PM me and lets lay it on the table brother because the EAST FOOTBALL FANS ARE SICK OF COWARDS LIKE YOU DOWNING OUR PROGRAM! bomb.gif

How is he downing the program when all he did was state the FACT the Reid went to interviews both last year and this year? It's no secret he was a finalist for the Colquit job last year and would have been selected had Rush Probst not taken the job. And he was a finalist at Sequoyah this year. It's not a big deal really.
George Orwell

#21 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Feb 8 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is not a rumor that he interviewed twice. It is a fact. But, looks like he will not be selected at the other school. That is good for us. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

huh.gif Where in my post does did I say it was a rumor?

Posted Image

#22 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (MeWhoElse @ Feb 8 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif Where in my post does did I say it was a rumor?

I'm sorry. I was replying to nativson and hit your post by mistake.
George Orwell

#23 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Feb 8 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry. I was replying to nativson and hit your post by mistake.

aggressive.gif better watch that tongue.gif laugh.gif rofl.gif
Posted Image

#24 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Feb 8 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is he downing the program when all he did was state the FACT the Reid went to interviews both last year and this year? It's no secret he was a finalist for the Colquit job last year and would have been selected had Rush Probst not taken the job. And he was a finalist at Sequoyah this year. It's not a big deal really.
Just go back and look at all his post over the last few years and you will see what I mean. BTW You are not a 100% Raider fan either, You jump back and forth on certain critiziams and have a rep like some of the other group that will be leaving the program this year of critizing the Coaching staff and Coach Reid. We really dont need people like that saying they support our program. So It will be good to have some of those people gone from the program. Some were die hard Glanton lovers and some just jumped on the ban wagon because they did not get there way! I say good ridance. But you are always intitled to your opinions for what they are worth! biggrin.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#25 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 8 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just go back and look at all his post over the last few years and you will see what I mean. BTW You are not a 100% Raider fan either, You jump back and forth on certain critiziams and have a rep like some of the other group that will be leaving the program this year of critizing the Coaching staff and Coach Reid. We really dont need people like that saying they support our program. So It will be good to have some of those people gone from the program. Some were die hard Glanton lovers and some just jumped on the ban wagon because they did not get there way! I say good ridance. But you are always intitled to your opinions for what they are worth! biggrin.gif

How have I jumped back and forth? Give me an example, if you can. I guess one can only be a 100% Raider fan if they worship at the feet of coach Reid, according to your definition. You get your panties all in a wad over someone mentioning that Coach Reid interviewed at another school. That person according to your definition is not a Raider fan for pointing out the obvious, or for bringing up a fact. Dang man, get a grip.

Please enlighten me as to what my "rep" is.

I've always tried to bring a balanced approach to my comments. Everybody makes mistakes (even coach Reid) I have pointed out some of his mistakes but have always maintained that he is a very good coach with a great coaching staff. I hope when coach Reid finally does go to another school that you will be okay. Hopefully your insurance will cover counseling sessions. biggrin.gif

Edited by methyl1, 08 February 2009 - 06:42 PM.

George Orwell

#26 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (RaidersRock @ Feb 8 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aggressive.gif better watch that tongue.gif laugh.gif rofl.gif

haha.
George Orwell

#27 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

Word has it that coach Reid had a interview at Florida State,he turned it down due to Bobby Bowden having a hissey fit. biggrin.gif
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#28 fanaticraiderfan

fanaticraiderfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Feb 8 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How have I jumped back and forth? Give me an example, if you can. I guess one can only be a 100% Raider fan if they worship at the feet of coach Reid, according to your definition. You get your panties all in a wad over someone mentioning that Coach Reid interviewed at another school. That person according to your definition is not a Raider fan for pointing out the obvious, or for bringing up a fact. Dang man, get a grip.

Please enlighten me as to what my "rep" is.

I've always tried to bring a balanced approach to my comments. Everybody makes mistakes (even coach Reid) I have pointed out some of his mistakes but have always maintained that he is a very good coach with a great coaching staff. I hope when coach Reid finally does go to another school that you will be okay. Hopefully your insurance will cover counseling sessions. biggrin.gif

i'll tell you what your rep is.just like the rest of us.we've cheered at every game----again,i say EVERY--for the last several years.NOT just the ones we wanted to come to when it was warm,dry,etc.EVERY!!!tailgated at the home ones,been there early at the away to cheer for the boys when they got off the bus.been quick to defend the program against anyone that wanted to attack it.some of us have been hit in the back of the head,been threatened in parking lots,listened to friends and co-workers down us----but we still show up for EVERY game.we have spent money on the program,offered help when asked,painted a field on tues/wed/thurs nights and sometimes during school on friday.we are loud,obnoxious,rabid fans that don't sit during the games.we have been there for EVERY ,and i mean EVERY, good and bad thing that has happened to this program for the last 3 years(the reid period) and some of us before then.that's what our REP is.

#29 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Animal @ Feb 8 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Word has it that coach Reid had a interview at Florida State,he turned it down due to Bobby Bowden having a hissey fit. biggrin.gif

ohhh no you didn't ohmy.gif

tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (fanaticraiderfan @ Feb 8 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'll tell you what your rep is.just like the rest of us.we've cheered at every game----again,i say EVERY--for the last several years.NOT just the ones we wanted to come to when it was warm,dry,etc.EVERY!!!tailgated at the home ones,been there early at the away to cheer for the boys when they got off the bus.been quick to defend the program against anyone that wanted to attack it.some of us have been hit in the back of the head,been threatened in parking lots,listened to friends and co-workers down us----but we still show up for EVERY game.we have spent money on the program,offered help when asked,painted a field on tues/wed/thurs nights and sometimes during school on friday.we are loud,obnoxious,rabid fans that don't sit during the games.we have been there for EVERY ,and i mean EVERY, good and bad thing that has happened to this program for the last 3 years(the reid period) and some of us before then.that's what our REP is.

dang, I'm ready for football season, woo woo!!
Posted Image

#30 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Animal @ Feb 8 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now thats a good one! hahahahaha yahoo.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#31 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

It is a sad day in Raider Nation when the fans go at it with one another... <shakinghead>

Posted Image

#32 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (fanaticraiderfan @ Feb 8 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks fan. You da bomb! Your right, the only time we would sit at the games was at halftime, and the hour and half before the away games. It has been a fun few years, and I hope them to continue no matter who the coach is.
George Orwell

#33 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

Just a rumor even though he interviewed twice, OK. You can remove your head from his behind at any time.

#34 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I stated a fact and this just further proves the bozo that you are. Most EP fans don't even like you, Raiderdawg. You are a sad man acting like an internet tough guy.

#35 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (MeWhoElse @ Feb 8 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a sad day in Raider Nation when the fans go at it with one another... <shakinghead>
Time will tell who the real fans really are. The true fans dont trash the coaches behind there backs and tell there kids how studid the coaches are and that if they were coaching they would have done this or that and played this defense or ran that play or the coaches should have done more to promote my kid so he could go play collage football and if Glanton were still here he would have got my boy into this or that school. Maybe some of them should have went to that power house on the south side of the county where Coach G would have catered to the mommys and daddys like he was doing at East before he left. and on and on and on it went. Now its gone and we will be a better program for it. Nothing against Glanton if thats what you want in a Coach, But Ill take our program any day over the rest of this county.BTW (MeWhoElse)
I dont consider those kind of people fans anyway SO YOU CAN STOP THE HEAD SHAKING wink.gif

Edited by nativeson1, 08 February 2009 - 09:04 PM.

Support Paulding Schools

#36 Mr. Darling

Mr. Darling

Advanced Member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

Lets keep in mind this conversation is about a rumor and a HIGH SCHOOL kids football team folks. Keep it civil.

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf
Everyone can nominate another for a bullet
through the report button appearing to the left bottom of each post.
Don't do it maliciously and don't cry wolf or you may get shot yourself.
The popo can get trigger happy when they're over-worked.

#37 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (bball @ Feb 8 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a rumor even though he interviewed twice, OK. You can remove your head from his behind at any time.
Still hiding behind that keyboard I see. Whooo your a brave man arn't ya.

Edited by nativeson1, 08 February 2009 - 09:09 PM.

Support Paulding Schools

#38 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darling @ Feb 8 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets keep in mind this conversation is about a rumor and a HIGH SCHOOL kids football team folks. Keep it civil.
Come on man Ive seen alot worse on here that never got a warning, Ill show you the posts. Tell pubby to pm me and explain what Idid so wrong? Good greif find something worse than this to chastize.

Edited by nativeson1, 08 February 2009 - 09:13 PM.

Support Paulding Schools

#39 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time will tell who the real fans really are. The true fans dont trash the coaches behind there backs and tell there kids how studid the coaches are and that if they were coaching they would have done this or that and played this defense or ran that play or the coaches should have done more to promote my kid so he could go play collage football and if Glanton were still here he would have got my boy into this or that school. Maybe some of them should have went to that power house on the south side of the county where Coach G would have catered to the mommys and daddys like he was doing at East before he left. and on and on and on it went. Now its gone and we will be a better program for it. Nothing against Glanton if thats what you want in a Coach, But Ill take our program any day over the rest of this county.BTW (MeWhoElse)
I dont consider those kind of people fans anyway SO YOU CAN STOP THE HEAD SHAKING wink.gif

Ben, make me... biggrin.gif smile.gif

Posted Image

#40 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (MeWhoElse @ Feb 8 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben, make me... biggrin.gif smile.gif
Ben who, Barking up the wrong tree here! ohmy.gif

Support Paulding Schools

0 user(s) are reading this topic