Paulding.com

Why can't GPS ever find our building?

Jump 4 Joey is located off of Cleburne Pkwy off of 278. Some of our customers end up in Marietta and others end up off of Ridge Rd. using their GPS. Why can't GPS ever find our building??

Here's where we're located:

782 Cleburne Pkwy

Hiram, Ga 30141

If your headed down Jimmy Lee Smith Pkwy, toward Powder Springs, travel to one red light past the movies on the right, where the new Race Track gas station is being built.

Turn right onto Cleburne Pkwy

Go through the stop light at the Silver Comet Trail crossing

Straight through the 4-way stop

We're on the right on the corner of Cleburne Pkwy and the train tracks.

ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY GPS CAN'T FIND US?

HAHAHA, that sounds so funny!! :rofl:

Actually the GPS in my husbands car can't find our house either. The one that can be used with our phone does and I tried finding your place just now and it got it. I guess it depends on the system your using. :huh:

Actually the GPS in my husbands car can't find our house either. The one that can be used with our phone does and I tried finding your place just now and it got it. I guess it depends on the system your using. :huh:

Your building is fairly new, and if the system someone is using hasn't been updated, it won't be able to find it.

Jump 4 Joey is located off of Cleburne Pkwy off of 278. Some of our customers end up in Marietta and others end up off of Ridge Rd. using their GPS. Why can't GPS ever find our building??

782 Cleburne Pkwy

Hiram, Ga 30141

If your headed down Jimmy Lee Smith Pkwy, toward Powder Springs, travel to one red light past the movies on the right, where the new Race Track gas station is being built.

LOL Don't feel bad, they had us located on the edge of the church cemerty(sp) at 92.

782 Cleburne Pkwy

Hiram, Ga 30141

GPS units work off of a Database that is either loaded into the unit or otherwise programmed. The databases for most navigation systems are very incomplete in our area.

Now if you have the actual GPS coorinates of your building....The units will find you based on LAT/LONG.

hubby has GPS and I have Onstar...neither can find our home...but yet I always seem to always make it back safe and sound :p

I love Onstar..it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Jump 4 Joey,

If one was to follow your directions they could be be in real trouble. You have them failing to stop for a traffic signal ("go through the stop light at the Siliver Comet Trail") and a stop sign ("straight through the 4-way stop").

Because the post office is years behind on updating the addresses here in Paulding.

Use a GPS to get the actual coordinates to your building, and give them out to customers. They can enter that into their units and it should take them right to you.

Your problem may be confusion with the name change from Pierce Rd. Look yourself up on Google Maps, and you will see what I mean. The database is wrong. You can submit an online form to Navteq and wait a couple of years, but they will eventually look into it.

It took 2 1/2 years to get the name of our street corrected on the Navteq database, which is used in many gps units and for Google Maps and Yahoo Maps. They just sent me an e-mail a few months ago saying that I was correct (I knew that) and the information would be changed. They also said that it would be in the new release of their software that just came out, but different customers buy updates at different times. So far Google has it correct but Yahoo and my Garmin GPS still have it wrong.

My Magellan GPS with a database from April 2007 found you (or maybe not) , but it can'y find my house.

First it found yur address with "Pky", Not Pkwy.

It tels me form Nebo to go South on Bill Carruth, left on Morningside drive, Right on Morris Road, left on Cleburn Pky.

Mapquest gives the same directions.

782 Cleburne Pkwy

Hiram, Ga 30141

It's crazy that your customers get misdirected to so far away. Either they don't know how to operate their GPS unit, or they never update it. I update mine at least once a month. (Just connect it to the computer and run the software.)

Here's the location that my TomTom shows when I browse the map of the route:

gallery_7230_122_4930.gif

Because the post office is years behind on updating the addresses here in Paulding.

What the heck does the post office have to do with updating addresses and GPS? The post office has nothing to do with it.

GPS takes people way south of our house too. However; JUMP4JOEY, I know mapquest works for you. Because that's how I found my way to you.

Oh dear, you're right. I always call it a redlight, so I figured stop light might be more appropriate, but that is the same as a red light...duh! Go straight through the traffic light (if it's green), then go straight after you stop at the 4-way stop. :pardon:

Who do you think assigns addresses?

The city/county. The post office just delivers the mail. Believe me, it's a hassle we have to go through when a newly-constructed house gets an even street number on the odd side of the street. :wacko:

Several years ago Paulding County changed everyone's street number to be a measurement in feet from the start of the street for the 911 system. This was a quite a headache for the local post offices. The houses on some streets had three different street numbers within a couple of years.