Paulding.com

What is the last thing you say

When your children or husband/wife leave or call what is the last thing you say to them? Mine is I LOVE YOU. :wub:

In todays fast pace I don't think people stop enough to express their self to the most important thing in life it's free and takes only a few seconds.

When I was growing up I/we my brothers and sister always told each other we love them and still do today. I treasure those three words it might be last time you see or talk to that person.

Just wondering if most people tell someone they love them enough.

Remember it's free.

My husband and I do not leave each other until telling the other "I Love You" Same thing with my children, although one is too cool right now to tell me back <_<

Life is too short and too precious, we don't ever know if it will be the last time we get to say those words to each other.

Those were the last words my Papa heard me say, and I would not take anything in the world for that. :(

The last thing I tell my family is always Love Ya. I still tell my Dad the same thing after 30 years. I make it a point to tell my girls they are Beautiful and I Love them EVERYDAY. As my Pastor says I want them to know they are pretty and smart BEFORE some boy tells them trying to get them in bed. They are still very young but by the time they grow up I want to do ALL I can to give them enough selfrespect not to fall for some punk boy with a stupid line.

I allways tell my mother when I leave the house and if Im on the phone before I hang up I say " I love you" and Me and My gf (Robin) Allways before we hang up the phone I tell her" have a great day Beautiful,I love you" and same thing when I take her home before I leave.Cause you never know what Will happen.

I also tell her all the time how much she means to me and Not to ever let no guy ever hurt her like shes been hurt in the past.To know shes better then them.

My husband and I do not leave each other until telling the other "I Love You" Same thing with my children, although one is too cool right now to tell me back  <_<

Life is too short and too precious, we don't ever know if it will be the last time we get to say those words to each other.

Those were the last words my Papa heard me say, and I would not take anything in the world for that.  :(

That was the last words i said to my father and the last ones he said to me

would not change a thing

Thank's for you post i was just wondering how important it was in most homes i know its priorty in mine reguardless if we are disagreeing.

Luke>>> All I can say is DITTO...one thing I will add is that I make sure I say it daily to my both of my sons including the 18 year old...it may be old fashioned but let me tell You all something>> It is JUST as IMPORTANT to let your son's know you love them as well esp. from their fathers...they do grow up to be men and they need to know it is a strength to express feelings and not a weakness...those 3 words, I Love You, will make them better fathers too one day when they are talking to their children and loved ones...of course I tell my girls I love them too as well...my oldest daughter still says to folks, "I Love to hear my daddy say I Love you to me cause it makes me feel safe and secure" and I do it daily...Like Revaltionsofabrilliantmind said, I too had the time to say those words to my grandparents and it was the last words they heard before passing away...I would take NOTHING for it either...It is Free, so take time out to let those you love know it every single day>>it could be the last words they hear from you!

Be Safe!!!

Ken Ball

Ken, I agree, my hubby is a police officer, and he never leaves the house without I love you, and I love you too. He always tells the kids when they leave the house, be careful, I love you. I always tell him be safe, and I love you. These could be final words, sadly. These are not only words but deep feelings. I bet your wife does the same when you leave to go to work. My husband always tells his crew, be safe out there, your main objective is to return home.

You can never say these words too much. To your spouse your parents or your children, the meaning sinks in. These are words that you will you remember always. Three little words could change the outcome of an everyday life, and could change the world.

I myself dont like the words " be careful" and goodbye" If I am with you I will say see you later,or anything besides " good bye"

the last thing I told my grandmother was "goodbye I'll see you tomorrow"

I never seen her again alive.

I told my best friend who was my brother to me" Be careful see you tomorrow"

I never seen him alive again.

So I dont use them to anyone I will say be safe or my friends will tell me to be safe but not the other.I know maybe that sounds stupid to some of you and I'm sure someone will have something to say about it but I dont care,Its just me.

I do always say "I love you" tho I tell everyone that I tell a very close friend of mine shes a female I tell her all the time "I love you" its like a brother sister love we have nothing more.and My male friends and I have told each other we "love " each other to.At times not like we should prolly,Nothing wrong with telling your friends how you feel.Tell them now while you have a chance it could be your last chance.

"None knows what tomorrow holds,Your not guaranteed tomorrow"

Cherokee>> Very True comments you make...As you notice on most of my posts I end them with "Be Safe"...I say the same words with I love you to each of my kids daily...Now the 18 year son kinda shreeks a bit but as I said in my first post I think it is VERY important that your daughters, as well as your sons, hear it come from their fathers mouth and they feel it every single day...the unfortunate part of some "teachings" in society today is that is not "cool" to say to grown sons...well poooey I say...I will say it, in private and public, to all of mine as long as God leaves me on this earth.

Chrisinpc>> I totally agree with your post...I rarely ever say "goodbye" to anyone unless it is on the phone and I am simply ending a conversation...I always end departing with loved ones and friends with "See You Later" and "Be Careful" or "Be Safe"....when I was working the streets I always ended the shift briefings with all of my troops with "yall be careful out there"...but then Hill Street Blues came along on TV and some thought I coined the phrase from the Sgt on the TV show...I thought it was funny and I guess I should have rec'd some royalties as they stole it from me :lol: I simply shortened it to Be Safe and I too feel it is important to let folks you love hear those supporting and safe comments...not simply goodbye...I never want to think when I leave a loved one that I should say "goodbye" as it maybe just that...it will be "see you later" as that is what I planned to do...but just in case I don't I want them to hear "I Love You"...as my oldest daughter says "it makes me feel safe and secure" as well.

BE SAFE!!!

Ken Ball

Ang>> I stand corrected and I agree...that is the way I end all calls even on the phone...what I meant by what I said is I simply say "goodbye" to somebody calling about selling me something...they usually interrupt something and I don't really feel like "loving" them :lol:

Be Safe!!

Ken Ball

I never use goodbye to anyone, UNLESS I truly mean GOODBYE .I have never liked that word. It means too final for me. I always say see ya later, be careful, talk to ya later. Only other time I've ever used that word is at a funeral as I say and pay a final respect to a dearly departed one I'll say goodbye I love you and we'll meet again someday at their graveside. One thing I have always said to officers/emt/firemen is BE CAREFUL out there and stay safe, same for the troops EVERYTIME!

Ken, You and the boys/gals be careful and stay safe too. :D

The world would be a better place if WE ALL told each other "I Love You" . We are all supposed to love each other, even if we don't agree, have different lifestyles, etc.

You never know, the person your telling may have needed that at that very moment. Isn't this how we ourselves judge our own worth? According to how many people love us?

Some people go through life never telling the people around them their feelings. Heck, there have been songs written, although I cannot remember the names, no wait,

Reba Macintire "The Greatest Man I never knew" That pretty much describes me and my Daddy, although he is still living. I cannot remember the last time he told me he loved me.

So, I love you guys, all of you! :D

Oh Yea they are obviously the 3 most powerful words in the world!!!

KEn, I'm so glad you replied to my post i admire you for wanting to change our county I,m sorry you did not get the chance to.

It was my pleasure to meet you and you have befriended some of my family that think you are a great person good luck with what the future has in store for you and may the lord always be with you.

The world would be a better place if WE ALL told each other "I Love You" .  We are all supposed to love each other, even if we don't agree, have different lifestyles, etc.

You never know, the person your telling may have needed that at that very moment. Isn't this how we ourselves judge our own worth? According to how many people love us? 

Some people go through life never telling the people around them their feelings. Heck, there have been songs written, although I cannot remember the names, no wait,

Reba Macintire "The Greatest Man I never knew" That pretty much describes me and my Daddy, although he is still living. I cannot remember the last time he told me he loved me.

So, I love you guys, all of you!  :D

I don't know why its hard for a man to say I LOVE YOU but it is my husband tells us all the time if it is passing in the house, my father always told me...but i have friends that say their father never say it.

A couple of years ago my ghildren took a couple of friends to florida with us and because our family always say i love you they stsrted making fun of it and they would say it to each other every time we would say it...I told my husband that they must not hear those words often and it bothered me so i ask do you tell your parents you lve them they replied sometimes i told them they needed to tell them more often as if it were a chore because you never know what they mean until you can't tell them.

I am not their parent but i tried to instill something in to them they would always remember.

I was reading all the post on this topic and was very touched. I own an Airbrush Tanning Business and it is located inside of Tropical Rays Tanning which is owned by Angela Traylor and the late Ray Traylor, AKA: Big Boss Man. When Ray passed away last year, it was a BIG shock to all of us. I received an email shortly after he passed and I copied and pasted it below!!!!!

"IF I KNEW"

If I knew it would be the last time

That I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly

and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

that I see you walk out the door,

I would give you a hug and kiss

and call you back for one more.

I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,

I would video tape each action and word,

so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,

I could spare an extra minute

to stop and say "I love you,"

instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

I would be there to share your day,

Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,

so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow

to make up for an oversight,

and we always get a second chance

to make everything just right.

There will always be another day

to say "I love you,"

And certainly there's another chance

to say our "Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong,

and today is all I get,

I'd like to say how much I love you

and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,

young or old alike,

And today may be the last chance

you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,

why not do it today?

For if tomorrow never comes,

you'll surely regret the day,

That you didn't take that extra time

for a smile, a hug, or a kiss

and you were too busy to grant someone,

what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,

and whisper in their ear,

Tell them how much you love them

and that you'll always hold them dear

Take time to say "I'm sorry,"

"Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."

And if tomorrow never comes,

you'll have no regrets about today.

When either hanging up with my immediate family or leaving their presence we always say I love you. But leaving and recieving little notes that sya I love you always have a greater impact. Today, my Daddy was leaving me some money at his house and it was wrapped in a piece of paper that said I love you. Seeing it in writing just touches ones heart. Both of my parents are infamous for leaving notes in my purse, coat pocket or in a book.

AKA: Big Boss Man. When Ray passed away last year, it was a BIG shock to all of us. I received an email shortly after he passed and I copied and pasted it below!!!!!

"IF I KNEW"

That I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly

and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

that I see you walk out the door,

I would give you a hug and kiss

and call you back for one more.

I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,

I would video tape each action and word,

so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,

I could spare an extra minute

to stop and say "I love you,"

instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

I would be there to share your day,

Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,

so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow

to make up for an oversight,

and we always get a second chance

to make everything just right.

There will always be another day

to say "I love you,"

And certainly there's another chance

to say our "Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong,

and today is all I get,

I'd like to say how much I love you

and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,

young or old alike,

And today may be the last chance

you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,

why not do it today?

For if tomorrow never comes,

you'll surely regret the day,

That you didn't take that extra time

for a smile, a hug, or a kiss

and you were too busy to grant someone,

what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,

and whisper in their ear,

Tell them how much you love them

and that you'll always hold them dear

Take time to say "I'm sorry,"

"Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."

And if tomorrow never comes,

you'll have no regrets about today.

i had heard this before , but it is good to have as a constant reminder

i had heard this before , but it is good to have as a constant reminder

My husband and I live by this and we will celebrate our 10 yr Anniversary, February 25!!!!! We are more in love with each other now, than the day we got married! The secret is to go on a date at least once a month. When we do that I feel like I'm in Highschool all over again and I even get little butterflies in my stomach! I know... kind of corny!?!?!?!? ;)

My husband and I live by this and we will celebrate our 10 yr Anniversary, February 25!!!!! We are more in love with each other now, than the day we got married! The secret is to go on a date at least once a month. When we do that I feel like I'm in Highschool all over again and I even get little butterflies in my stomach! I know... kind of corny!?!?!?!? ;)

Not at all "corny"!! :D

Keep the honeymoon alive as much as possible!!

We have a 15 yr. coming up -

Not at all "corny"!! :D

Keep the honeymoon alive as much as possible!!

We have a 15 yr. coming up -

Congrats on that! :D You know how it is...sometimes I could just wring his neck, but for the most part, we truly care about each other. We have a 6 yr old daughter and sometimes that causes an uproar!!!!!!! I guess the 3 main reasons our marriage is so strong is because #1 We have God in our life! #2 We date each other! #3 We have learned how to communicate better through the years. Instead of re-gressing we are pro-gressing!!! :D :D :D

When either hanging up with my immediate family or leaving their presence we always say I love you.  But leaving and recieving little notes that sya I love you always have a greater impact.  Today, my Daddy was leaving me some money at his house and it was wrapped in a piece of paper that said I love you.  Seeing it in writing just touches ones heart.  Both of my parents are infamous for leaving notes in my purse, coat pocket or in a book.

eyeofthepig, that is sweet.

I make my granddaughters school lunch and on her napkin, I write... I love you!

I also did for my two daughters when they were in school. Another thing I do is ask my grandkids... Have I told you lately that I love you? Before I can get the words "I love you" spoken, they will say, Yes, mawmaw you have. They get a big kick out of me saying that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

July 24th, 2005 :( is the First Wedding Anniversary that Ray has not been here for Angela & her Girls (Lacy & Megan). Please wish them the best.

You can email them through my website at:

GatorTeam.com Website

Thanks!

Tammy Fincham

Edited by gatorfincham

critty and i always tell each other i love you before we go any where. there is not a time that we dont say i love you and be very careful out there before we leave for work. i dont say good bye i say bye for now ill see you soon. she calls me several times when im on the road or i call her and check oin. i drive alot for my job some times as much as 2500 miles a week depending on where i have to go. i love her very much and tell her often. as for my mom i tell her alot and my dad when i get to speak to him. i was 37 years old before my dad told me he loved me . it was after i gave him a greatest dad in the world htrow rugg for fathers day . it still makes me feel good to remember that day. and he tells me often when i call home.

thanks for this thread .

love yall be careful out there my freinds.

froggy

July 24th, 2005  :(  is the First Wedding Anniversary that Ray has not been here for Angela & her Girls (Lacy & Megan). Please wish them the best.

You can email them through my website at:

GatorTeam.com Website

The house that Ray passed away in is up for sale on my Website too! It is located on the 18th tee at Bentwater. 122 Bentwater Drive $424,777 

Thanks!

Tammy Fincham

I cannot believe what I'm reading!! This is the THIRD tacky "sales pitch" referencing "the house that Ray died IN" - not the house he owned or some other tactful phrasing - this is a sick sales pitch!!!

Luke: i could not agree with you more: sorry to hear about your stepdad:

my boys are men now, but i never end a converstaion with them unless i say i love you, on the phone, through email, or where ever it may be,

those are 3 words that where never used much around my home when i was growing up, so i have made up for it since i have been married, and the best thing about it is:

no matter where i am at with my boys, home, store, in the middle of thier friends, they are not embarrsed or ashamed to tell me that they love me:

one time my son left to go somewhere and got down to the ned of the drive way, and came back up, and said mama i forgot to tell you I love you :wub:

to me there is nothing more preisous in this world to hear your kids tell you " "Mama i love you" no matter thier age, or where they are at:

i would not take a million dollars for it:

thanks again Luke for this topic: my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family:

i some what agree with you paulding89, most of that post should have been in the real estate forum:

Boss man was a great man, and did alot of the county,. so i would rather have him remebered as just that, a great man,

i guess some just cease the opptunity when they can: but it does look kind of tacky:

Sorry, I didn't know it would offend anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't meant that way. Did you even read the first part????? What about sympathy for a wife without her husband on their anniversary???? She is a VERY good friend of mine & our kids have grown up together! I figured MAYBE someone on here would CARE about that date being important to her & the family! I edited the "real estate" message out, happy now??? I just thought people might like to know a bit of history about where he lived and how he lived. Also, it's not even my listing! It wasn't a "Sales Pitch" so please don't take it in a way it wasn't meant!

Sorry, I didn't know it would offend anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!  It wasn't meant that way.  Did you even read the first part?????  What about sympathy for a wife without her husband on their anniversary????  She is a VERY good friend of mine & our kids have grown up together!  I figured MAYBE someone on here would CARE about that date being important to her & the family!  I edited the "real estate" message out, happy now???  I just thought people might like to know a bit of history about where he lived and how he lived.  Also, it's not even my listing!  It wasn't a "Sales Pitch" so please don't take it in a way it wasn't meant!

Yes, I did read the first part...I do feel for the family who lost their loved one. HOWEVER, following up the first paragraph with that tacky bit about the house he passed away in being for sale was rediculous. Plus the fact that you posted it under the "may they rest in peace" threads as well was seriously tacky and distasteful. You went WAY overboard with your posts (all three).

Oh and :angry: right back at you, cheese ball!

Sorry, I didn't know it would offend anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!  It wasn't meant that way.  Did you even read the first part?????  What about sympathy for a wife without her husband on their anniversary????  She is a VERY good friend of mine & our kids have grown up together!  I figured MAYBE someone on here would CARE about that date being important to her & the family!  I edited the "real estate" message out, happy now???  I just thought people might like to know a bit of history about where he lived and how he lived.  Also, it's not even my listing!  It wasn't a "Sales Pitch" so please don't take it in a way it wasn't meant!

apology excepted: thank you for removing the real estate ad:

yes, i read the first part, and i enjoyed the first part, i do have sympathy for Ray's family, we all knew Ray and loved him,

and your post would have been great without the added trying to sale his house throwed in:

Thanks again for removing the real estate pitch, you can always list it in the real estate forum with no probelm, ;)

Also, it's not even my listing!  It wasn't a "Sales Pitch" so please don't take it in a way it wasn't meant!

I am glad you apologized for your tasteless comments yesterday. I am just wondering about one thing.

If this "wasn't a sales pitch" and it "isn't even your listing" why does it say this on your website

Make an offer TODAY!! Property is listed by Keller Williams Realty Platinum Partners. Call Tammy Fincham for a personal showing! Cell (770) 722-9859 Also, Tammy Fincham lives close-by this home for showings as necessary. So, please CALL ME for more details & to make an appointment for a personalized showing. I look forward to working with you!

In the future, just apologize for your stupid actions, don't try to cover them with an obvious lie.