10 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

I came across this website I thought I'd share, since cooking in the crock pot comes up fairly often here. This woman made a New Year's resolution to use her crock pot EVERY DAY in 2008. She's currently on day 326 (today). That's 326 crock pot recipes, complete with clear directions and pictures, plus one more each day for the rest of the year!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

#2 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

WOW......i just love to crock......thank you for this site!

#3 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

I'm still exploring it...there's so much there! I was just reading the recipe for making homemade yogurt in the crock...it sounds easy, and sooooooooo cost efficient!

#4 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

Now i make alot out the crock......(cakes,breads,bread puddings)and i sometimes get 3 or 4 going at a time. But there's always room for something new and yogurt i have never tried. May be this week coming since we're out for school........let me know Tabby cat how it turns out for you!!!!and thanks again.....p.s. are you a cat lover like me??????your name implies it like mine?

#5 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (katzeye @ Nov 21 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now i make alot out the crock......(cakes,breads,bread puddings)and i sometimes get 3 or 4 going at a time. But there's always room for something new and yogurt i have never tried. May be this week coming since we're out for school........let me know Tabby cat how it turns out for you!!!!and thanks again.....p.s. are you a cat lover like me??????your name implies it like mine?

laugh.gif

I currently have 5 cats in my home. biggrin.gif

(2 are adorable rescue kittens looking for new homes wink.gif wink.gif)

I probably won't try the yogurt anytime real soon. There's not currently enough people around all the time to eat a whole batch in 7-10 days. But I will try it when I know there are enough people around to eat it!

#6 CamoChick

CamoChick

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,439 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

Cool site! Thanks for sharing biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#7 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (TabbyCat @ Nov 21 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

I currently have 5 cats in my home. biggrin.gif

(2 are adorable rescue kittens looking for new homes wink.gif wink.gif)

I probably won't try the yogurt anytime real soon. There's not currently enough people around all the time to eat a whole batch in 7-10 days. But I will try it when I know there are enough people around to eat it!

3 indoor de-clawed 5 out by day in by night.......love 'em to death..........i'll try the yogurt and let you know.....all my kids love it and i buy it like crazy so this will give me the chance to see if it's cost friendly. good talking to ya.

#8 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (katzeye @ Nov 21 2008, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 indoor de-clawed 5 out by day in by night.......love 'em to death..........i'll try the yogurt and let you know.....all my kids love it and i buy it like crazy so this will give me the chance to see if it's cost friendly. good talking to ya.

Be sure you read her update notes following the recipe. In her first batch, she blended fruit directly into the yogurt (in a blender). She said it was good that way, but the yogurt came out less firm after blending and didn't re-set. She recommends storing the yogurt plain and adding fruit in when you eat/serve the yogurt. wink.gif

#9 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

okey....thanks!!

#10 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have a cookbook called "Crockery Cookery" that was published in the 60's/70's...

It has hundreds of recipes for the crockpot... including breads and desserts...

(you can get one for just a few bucks on Ebay...) smile.gif

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#11 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (mrshoward @ Nov 21 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a cookbook called "Crockery Cookery" that was published in the 60's/70's...

It has hundreds of recipes for the crockpot... including breads and desserts...

(you can get one for just a few bucks on Ebay...) smile.gif

Thanks. You know, I probably have the largest cookbook collection of anyone I know, plus I subscribe to Gourmet, Bon Apetit, and Southern Living magazines (which I LOVE to read through), but it seems that for the last couple of years, if I'm looking for a recipe I'm much more likely to use the Internet than I am a cookbook.

I think I like the Internet because of the way I cook. I rarely follow any recipe exactly as its written--instead, on the Internet I can read a bunch of similar recipes, then use bits and pieces from several of them when I get into the kitchen to "create." Then the recipe becomes my own. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics