13 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

I've used this recipe site for a few years now, but I don't think I've ever shared it here. It's all famous restaurant copycat recipes. I've tried a number of them, and they're really GOOD!

Robbie's Copycat Recipes

Enjoy! smile.gif

#2 Monkeytail

Monkeytail

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

Oh neat! Thanks! I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. I feel like I cook the same things over and over again.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." - The Doctor

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Einstein

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke - Vincent Van Gogh
"

#3 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

The Cracker Barrel Hash brown casserole is good. I've used it as a brunch recipe by adding browned crumbled breakfast sausage to the recipe before baking.

#4 Monkeytail

Monkeytail

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (TabbyCat @ Nov 17 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Cracker Barrel Hash brown casserole is good. I've used it as a brunch recipe by adding browned crumbled breakfast sausage to the recipe before baking.

I've actually made that. I got the recipe from (don't laugh) the National Enquirer. laugh.gif

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." - The Doctor

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Einstein

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke - Vincent Van Gogh
"

#5 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Monkeytail @ Nov 17 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've actually made that. I got the recipe from (don't laugh) the National Enquirer. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry, I had to laugh!

#6 Thoughts

Thoughts

Demon begone!!!

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

The Chicken McNugget recipe looks cool, I'm gonna try it...

Thanks for sharing...
Posted Image Posted Image

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Religion in Government is like Gang Rape. 5 out of the 6 participants thinks it's great, done by popular concensus and morally justified because the Bible and "god" said they could. Publicly the 5 condem it but have no problems privately supporting it or participating in it...

#7 SlugPug

SlugPug

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

ugh.... it says to boil ribs... that irritates me because ribs don't taste nearly as good if they are boiled. they come out more tender and juicy if you just bake them for an extended time... dry.gif

#8 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (SlugPug @ Nov 17 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ugh.... it says to boil ribs... that irritates me because ribs don't taste nearly as good if they are boiled. they come out more tender and juicy if you just bake them for an extended time... dry.gif

We pretty much always boil ours before grilling them, and they turn out wonderfully.

#9 Thoughts

Thoughts

Demon begone!!!

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

If you don't parboil the ribs long enough, they get all rubbery. Leave 'em in till they are just about to fall apart for a better result. Then bake or grill them.
Posted Image Posted Image

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Religion in Government is like Gang Rape. 5 out of the 6 participants thinks it's great, done by popular concensus and morally justified because the Bible and "god" said they could. Publicly the 5 condem it but have no problems privately supporting it or participating in it...

#10 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 17,002 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

I agree with you. When I have boiled ribs, it makes them tough.

QUOTE (TabbyCat @ Nov 17 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YUMMMMMMMMMM..........That sounds good!

QUOTE (TabbyCat @ Nov 17 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've used this recipe site for a few years now, but I don't think I've ever shared it here. It's all famous restaurant copycat recipes. I've tried a number of them, and they're really GOOD!

Robbie's Copycat Recipes

Enjoy! smile.gif

THANKS for sharing. Will have to check them out.

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#11 Tona Lambert

Tona Lambert

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for sharing.
As soon as I saw this I wrote down the site and gave it to DH. He does all the cooking and baking, and very good I might add wub.gif . He could add some of his to that list.
Tona

my web site

www.sewitseamsga.com

SEW IT SEAMS tm

TONA LAMBERT

CONTACT ME AT 770-231-5256

email me @ tona@sewitseamsga.com

#12 retiredteacher

retiredteacher

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

look at this one, too...

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/

RIP sweet Ashton. We will never forget you.

#13 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (retiredteacher @ Nov 17 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
look at this one, too...

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/

Yep, I've looked at that one, and this one, too:

CopyKat Recipes.

#14 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Monkeytail @ Nov 17 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG...ME TOO and I made it last week. I just cut it out and that is what is my recipe book from YEARS ago...how funny!!!! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics