Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Branch

Kathrine Lewis Branch, age 75, of Dallas, GA, a native of Ashland, AL passed away on Friday, November 14, 2008. She was born on February 10, 1933 and was a 1952 graduate of Clay Co. High School in Ashland, AL. Mrs. Branch was a retired Teachers Aide from Hiram Elementary after many years of service and was also a member of New Canaan Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her mother, Edna Lewis Malcott and her son-in-law, Steven E. Young Sr.

Surviving are her husband of 52 years, James R. Branch; a son and daughter-in-law, Alan & Lisa Branch of Kansas City, Missouri; daughters and sons-in-law, Aletha & Jim Powell Sr. of Albertville, AL, Theresa & Troy Lindsey of Dallas, GA and Neta Kay Young of Dallas, GA; grandchildren, Jeremiah (Amy) Laird, Micah (Shannon) Laird, Andrew (Abby) Lindsey, Allison (Daniel) Haynes, Steven Young Jr., Joy Branch and Anna Beth Branch; great-grandchild, Christian Lindsey; cousin, Marie Kennedy of Mellow Valley, AL; other cousins, family and friends.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, November 17, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. from New Canaan Baptist Church with Rev. James H. Cook and Rev. Troy E. Lindsey officiating. The interment will follow in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Does anyone know if this is the same Katherine Branch that was a Para Pro...many years ago?? Maybe around 20, give or take.

She was a para so many years ago, they weren't even called paras yet. They were still teacher's aides. She was mine when I was in kindergarten and she was wonderful. My family and I were members of New Canaan and attended with her all these years. She was a sweet lady who will be missed by many.

She was a para so many years ago, they weren't even called paras yet. They were still teacher's aides. She was mine when I was in kindergarten and she was wonderful. My family and I were members of New Canaan and attended with her all these years. She was a sweet lady who will be missed by many.

i wonder if we know each other, i still atten new canaan!

She was the Teacher's Aide in my oldest daughers classroom. I'm so sorry to hear the news.

Peace be with her.

The world is a little less happy now, now that my friend Mrs. Branch isn't in it. We will miss her so much. She was such a wonderful, wonderful person. I only knew her for a year, it wasn't enough. I'm so sorry, Neta.

Yes this was THE Mrs. Branch that was the teachers' aide at Hiram Elementary in the 60's and 70's, she taught many of our sister's, brother's, daughter's and son's. I had the pleasure and gift of knowing her for most of my life. I count her daughter as one of my best freinds. Neta, I love you. and continue to pray for peace for you and your family.

What a sweet lady. I met her in the late 1980's when she acted in some Dallas community theatrical plays directed by Larry Ponzi and George English. I also remember seeing newspaper photos of her storytelling dressed in character. Peace be with all.