• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rubbahnek

rubbahnek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

A thank you to the Paulding County High School Football team.

Iíd like to thank each and every one of you for your efforts this season. You showed up for practice and camps this summer when others were out enjoying themselves and you worked hard and long to better yourselves as a team. You came back week after week when it was readily obvious that there was little to no support or interest in the program and you played hard. It hasnít gone unnoticed from those of us who sat in the stands week after week and watched with the same disappointment as we saw on your faces after most of the games. You werenít alone, a lot of us shared in that with you. All of you are the epitome of work ethic and heart. I just want you to know that your efforts didnít go unrecognized.

A couple of special thanks to a few seniors that I noticed this season.

Thank you Rustin Johnson, for your heart and being one of the most aggressive linebackers on the field.

Thank you Chris Rowland, for the intensity with which you play and the HUMILITY you display for such a talented athlete.

Thank you Alex Hicks, for making every game exciting and having SO much spirit. You truly make it fun to come to the games.

Thank you to ALL of the seniors who worked so hard all season!!!!

SENIORS

#8 Brent Wheeling
#21 George Lawrence
#22 Cody Knoll
#33 Vincent Burdette
#46 Rustin Johnson
#52 Chris Rowland
#56 Alex Hicks
#59 Cody Brown
#72 Bryan Fabre
#89 Avery Moyher

Tonight is the last time that some of these kids will have the opportunity to play a game that they obviously loveÖ.can we PLEASE try to get as many people there to watch these guys? Theyíve ALL worked SO hard and have gotten so little recognition for their efforts!!!!

The game starts at 7:30, please, if you live in the PCHS school district, PLEASE try to be there and support these kids. They deserve it.

#2 EPHSRAIDERFBALLMOM

EPHSRAIDERFBALLMOM

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

If you are a PCHS fan you really should go. My son is a senior player at EP. Last week we played at Cherokee. It was senior night for them. Their stands were virtually empty. I felt so bad for their seniors. Don't do that to your team. Go out and support them.

#3 MillCreek

MillCreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (EPHSRAIDERFBALLMOM @ Nov 7 2008, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are a PCHS fan you really should go. My son is a senior player at EP. Last week we played at Cherokee. It was senior night for them. Their stands were virtually empty. I felt so bad for their seniors. Don't do that to your team. Go out and support them.

Definitely support these kids as much as possible.

My nephew plays at Villa Rica -- VR fans pack it out at every game, home and away, and it's made a difference for them....

Last week, they played Mays at Villa Rica -- with the exception of the Mays band, there were maybe 30 people there for Mays......even though I'm there for VR, I really felt bad for the Mays players...

This week, we (Villa Rica) will be heading to Tyrone to play Sandy Creek, in the Regional Playoff -- I know those VR fans will be there in full force, and I'll be on the sidelines, taking photos of the game.

If at all possible, go to the PCHS game and give those young men some support.

#4 Barbed wire

Barbed wire

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

I have hurt for these boys too. My son plays at SPHS and it was sad the night we played PCHS. They had very few people in the stands for a home game.

We are having senior night tonight also, or I would come out to PCHS just to support them. Good kids.
Love never ends; it just changes shape.

#5 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (rubbahnek @ Nov 7 2008, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A thank you to the Paulding County High School Football team.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your efforts this season. You showed up for practice and camps this summer when others were out enjoying themselves and you worked hard and long to better yourselves as a team. You came back week after week when it was readily obvious that there was little to no support or interest in the program and you played hard. It hasn't gone unnoticed from those of us who sat in the stands week after week and watched with the same disappointment as we saw on your faces after most of the games. You weren't alone, a lot of us shared in that with you. All of you are the epitome of work ethic and heart. I just want you to know that your efforts didn't go unrecognized.

A couple of special thanks to a few seniors that I noticed this season.

Thank you Rustin Johnson, for your heart and being one of the most aggressive linebackers on the field.

Thank you Chris Rowland, for the intensity with which you play and the HUMILITY you display for such a talented athlete.

Thank you Alex Hicks, for making every game exciting and having SO much spirit. You truly make it fun to come to the games.

Thank you to ALL of the seniors who worked so hard all season!!!!

SENIORS

#8 Brent Wheeling
#21 George Lawrence
#22 Cody Knoll
#33 Vincent Burdette
#46 Rustin Johnson
#52 Chris Rowland
#56 Alex Hicks
#59 Cody Brown
#72 Bryan Fabre
#89 Avery Moyher

Tonight is the last time that some of these kids will have the opportunity to play a game that they obviously loveÖ.can we PLEASE try to get as many people there to watch these guys? They've ALL worked SO hard and have gotten so little recognition for their efforts!!!!

The game starts at 7:30, please, if you live in the PCHS school district, PLEASE try to be there and support these kids. They deserve it.

Thank you for posting this. They are great boys. Support from parents, classmates, and fans make such a difference.

#6 it's all about the chi's

it's all about the chi's

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

Yes, PLEASE, come out and support PCHS Football tonight! It has been a trying year but we are very proud of them all! Thank you to the parents and fans who have supported the program this year!
GOOD LUCK PATRIOTS!! yahoo.gif

Shout out to #57, Womack!

If you could make a difference in an animal's life - WOULD YOU?

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Author unknown

#7 beulah boy

beulah boy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:36 AM

Maybe if Segars would allow tail gateing on the hill for Senior nite....???? nahh they might have fun, can't have that at a football game now can we.. wink.gif
bb

#8 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

Please come to the game tonite and support the Football team, Cheerleaders and Band and the School in general! There is no school spirit at the school! Let's get there and support your team!
God is Good - All the Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics