Paulding.com

There may not be a dad in the picture...

Well a good 'ol fashioned washing the mouth out with soap (for the lying) and taking the child to whoever they stole from and making them own up to what they did for the lying- (that is if you don't believe in a good 'ol fashion butt whoopin'). If you want your kid to talk to a SO then take them to the Police Station and let them talk to somebody- 911 is for EMERGENCIES!!!

verbal between mom and 10yom - need officers (195 and second unit enroute) to talk to son about lying and stealing

(lady in my day, I waited until dad got home and got an a$$ whoopin')

Unreal...I agree...my dad would have whopped me all over the place...but then again, my mom was not a bad shot either.

You are right though there may not be a father figure and she could be over her head. who knows.

Still nothing the officer can do. If you have raised your child to not respect you as a parent you can bet they will not respect their teachers or police officers either.

There may not be a dad in the picture...

Wasn't one at our house growing up, either, but we still behaved as we were expected. We knew what would happen if we didn't (see Freebird's a$$whooping comment above).

After seeing how my dad has dealt with problems involving my younger sister (from a subsequent marriage), I'd say my mother was the more adept of the two when it came to discipline, anyway. We had our problems from time to time, but overall her methods tended to yield the desired result... :mellow: